Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:11 PM   #1
xgeoff
Minors (Single A)

Is the trading mechanism broken?

Am wondering if anyone has had success with trades in OOTP 17. I am only able to trade if I shop a player. Sometimes there are reasonable (sometimes even good) exchanges through that interface.

However, whenever the AI offers me a trade, it is so absurd as to be unthinkable. They try to offload garbage for my best prospects. Now, I know that can happen in real life, and maybe it even happens more often than not, but I would expect that *sometimes* I might get an offer that is close to fair.

And if I try to do a trade on my own, not through the 'shop player' interface, it gets utterly ridiculous.

Take this scenario:

I have a 4-star pitcher whom I want to unload, only because his leadership quality is low and my locker room right now is highly susceptible to leadership issues. 4-star, quality pitcher, 27 yrs old, favorable contract.

In return I am looking at pitchers under 30 with 1-star or 1.5-star potential.

Every team is turning this down. So I sweeten the pot with an additional young, 2.5-star player with a favorable contract. No luck.

So I add another 2.5 star player (not potential, current ability!). No luck.

To recap, I can offer the AI three players under 30 with 2.5-star to 4-star ability, favorable contracts, etc. and every team turns it down. The positions include SP, C and OF.

You would think that at least one team would have an interest in that.

And so I think this mechanism is broken. I'm not trying to cheat the AI. I'm testing what I would have to offer in order to broker a deal, and it looks impossible.

Has anyone else had success in creating manual trade deals? If so, how do you do it? I'm offering ridiculous quality for marginal players and getting shut down.

Thanks.
xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:29 PM   #2
xgeoff
Minors (Single A)

To add some color to this, I have now tried to go after players with .5 star potential and the deal still won't go through. The centerpiece of what I am offering is a 27yr old relief pitcher rated 4 star ability (4.5 star potential) with the following:

stuff: 20/20
movement: 15/15
control: 12/13

GB tendency throwing 95-97 mph making $500k per yr

The fact that no GM is interested in this player for a .5 star player makes me think this mechanism needs fixing...
Old 04-18-2017, 04:24 PM   #3
Dekuyper
Bat Boy

There a quite a few things that can be adjusted under the AI settings. I see the biggest change from adjusting difficulty down to Hard or even Average. Beyond that, it makes a huge difference if you offer to "win now" or "rebuilding" team and your timing. Right at the deadline or in the offseason seems to work best.
Dekuyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:45 AM   #4
xgeoff
Minors (Single A)

Angry

It makes no difference what type of team you make the offer to. Remember I made this offer to every team in the league. Every...one. Not one manager in the league wanted to give up a .5 star prospect for a bunch of top prospects.

Not good.

BTW, I have a scout who favors ability and is legendary at scouting majors and minors. The guys I am offering have top notch ratings from both my scout and the OSA.

And, for emphasis, EVERY team in the league turned down a 3 for 1 deal where they get good players and prospects for a .5 star rated prospect.

Broken.