Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:18 PM   #1
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

Is it possible to trade Minor League Affiliates

I love the logo for the El Paso Chihuahuas and would love to have them as my AAA affiliate. Is it possible to trade affiliates? I'd like to keep my current roster, and just trade logos.
MrBojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:52 PM   #2
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

Yes.
Hammercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 12:05 AM   #3
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

Rename the teams. It's that simple.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:17 AM   #4
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

If I rename the teams, do the logos change automatically or do I need to do something to get the logos to change?
Old 04-24-2016, 02:00 AM   #5
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
If I rename the teams, do the logos change automatically or do I need to do something to get the logos to change?
You may have to do a mouse click or two to set the logos and uniforms, but that takes a few seconds. And another few seconds to set the respective stadiums so they are correct. If you have to manually make the changes you go to the "Modify Team Colors, Logos and Textures" tab. If you have to change the uniforms, once in that tab you go to the "Jerseys &Caps" tab.

None of this is difficult or takes up any meaningful amount of time. You can do the switch in two minutes, if that.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:45 AM   #6
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

You also could just change the affiliations so you don't lose any of the team history.

It takes a little work:

1) Enable Commish Mode
2) Go to the El Paso roster and select ALL players
3) Demote them to Double-A
4) Next go to your Triple-A affiliate
5) Select all the players and demote them to Double-A
6) Make sure that there are NO players on either team's roster
7) Go to League settings for the PCL
8) Select League & Teams
9) Change the Affiliation drop down for El Paso to your team
10) Do the same for the team you are trading with San Diego and you are all set

** Just note that the Manager, Hitting and Pitching coaches will remain with the teams, so if you want to swap them, you will have to go in and manually edit them to the new teams.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 02:29 PM   #7
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
You also could just change the affiliations so you don't lose any of the team history.

It takes a little work:

1) Enable Commish Mode
8) Select League & Teams

** Just note that the Manager, Hitting and Pitching coaches will remain with the teams, so if you want to swap them, you will have to go in and manually edit them to the new teams.
That's a way too complicated method. You can rename the teams in a few seconds, spend a few seconds more resetting the logos and uniforms. There is no need to do anything more complex.
Old 04-24-2016, 02:39 PM   #8
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curve Ball Dave View Post
That's a way too complicated method. You can rename the teams in a few seconds, spend a few seconds more resetting the logos and uniforms. There is no need to do anything more complex.
Your way is easy, but IF you want to keep the history of a team, then my way does that...no need to go in a reassign logos, uniforms, caps, ballparks, city coordinates, weather info, ect. And in all honesty, it takes less than 5 minutes to do the steps I posted....but it's his game, let him play it how he wants.

Last edited by ohiodevil; 04-24-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:12 PM   #9
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

Thank you both. I just finished up a season so I'll make the switch right before new years.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:15 PM   #10
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Easy things to do is to go into League Structure and Swap Teans between Leagues but then have generate a new Schedule in each League.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:43 PM   #11
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Easy things to do is to go into League Structure and Swap Teans between Leagues but then have generate a new Schedule in each League.
Not what he was asking....he wanted to make El Paso his Triple-A team, not switch them between leagues.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:56 PM   #12
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

Quote:

It takes a little work:

1) Enable Commish Mode
8) Select League & Teams

I finally tried this and it worked beautifully. Thank you so much.

One last item to add - you will have to hit the "Schedule" button for each of the leagues affected once you complete the team moves. But, after that, it is exactly what I wanted it to be.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:32 PM   #13
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curve Ball Dave View Post
Rename the teams. It's that simple.
Curve Ball Dave is correct and the bonus besides being easier is the history, players, managers, and coaches stay with the current team. The league history keeps track of the name changes as you can see in this screen shot.

Note Colorado's current AAA team is Albuquerque, previous AAA team was Colorado Springs.

Milwaukee's current AAA team is Colorado Springs, previous AAA team was Nashville.

The only additional switch you should have to make is the ballparks.
Attached Images
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 03:20 AM   #14
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Curve Ball Dave is correct and the bonus besides being easier is the history, players, managers, and coaches stay with the current team. The league history keeps track of the name changes as you can see in this screen shot.

Note Colorado's current AAA team is Albuquerque, previous AAA team was Colorado Springs.

Milwaukee's current AAA team is Colorado Springs, previous AAA team was Nashville.

That does look easy. What about the logos? It looks like they stayed with the new team names. Did you have to do that or did it occur by itself?
Old 10-01-2016, 09:14 AM   #15
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:

I guess I am more anal when it comes to the history section of teams...in real life, when a team changes affiliates, they are not relocating their current team to the new city and the new team is not moving either....they are just swapping affiliates. So in your example, Nashville did not move to Colorado Springs (and vice versa), so the team historical wins/losses and season would not go to Colorado Springs, they would stay with Nashville.

The method I posted will keep all that history in tact and the steps I posted way back in my original response really does not take any longer than renaming the teams, updating uniforms and then changing the ballparks....and you also do not have to regenerate any schedules because the league structures did not change, only the affiliations did. I have hoped that affiliate contracts would be added at some point so we can emulate real affiliate changes.

But as I said before....it's your game...play it how you want....I am a little more OCD than others

Last edited by ohiodevil; 10-01-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:28 AM   #16
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
That does look easy. What about the logos? It looks like they stayed with the new team names. Did you have to do that or did it occur by itself?
First the reason I found this out is because I had a long running league going where I had never updated teams to have their real affiliates in many years. With OOTP adding real minor league uniforms, caps, and logos along with real life team name changes (IE Omaha Royals becoming Storm Chasers etc.) I wanted to have all of this cool stuff in my game. My first thought was "can't I just rename the teams?".

I searched and found this thread with two ways of making the changes. Curve Ball Dave's way matched what I was thinking but I wasn't sure how team history would be handled. Made a copy of my league as a backup and began switching names never knowing the team history page would keep track of name changes. I was surprised and extremely pleased when I went to the league history page and found all of the changes right there in as easy to see table. Once I knew this it took very little time to rename all my levels of minor league teams and to affiliate them with the correct MLB team.

One suggestion I would make and something I did was to rename my minor league stadiums to the city or state name only. So Albuquerque plays at Albuquerque Stadium, Colorado Springs plays at Colorado Springs Stadium. This makes matching stadiums to teams easier when I rename them to switch team affiliations as the ballpark stays with the team. IOW there is know way I know the true names of a short A team's stadium but if they play in Boise, Idaho it is very easy for me to find and make the switch to Boise Stadium. Some may prefer the real names but at minor league levels I simply don't care

And now to answer your question Yes the logos stay with the team name as they are tied to it by file name. If for some reason there is an issue you can simply go to the team setting tab (I think that is what it is called) and have the game grab the unis, caps, logos there.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:41 AM   #17
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I guess I am more anal when it comes to the history section of teams...in real life, when a team changes affiliates, they are not relocating their current team to the new city and the new team is not moving either....they are just swapping affiliates. So in your example, Nashville did not move to Colorado Springs (and vice versa), so the team historical wins/losses and season would not go to Colorado Springs, they would stay with Nashville.

The method I posted will keep all that history in tact and the steps I posted way back in my original response really does not take any longer than renaming the teams, updating uniforms and then changing the ballparks....and you also do not have to regenerate any schedules because the league structures did not change, only the affiliations did. I have hoped that affiliate contracts would be added at some point so we can emulate real affiliate changes.

But as I said before....it's your game...play it how you want....I am a little more OCD than others
I get where you are coming from For what it's worth when you look at the league history if Nashville wins a championship in 2006 and then moves to Colorado Springs and wins a title in 2012 it will still be listed as Nashville winning the title in '06 and CS a title in '12. I know that's not what you care about in your league but I mention it for those reading this and wondering how that works out.

With this way it really is only making a name change and a stadium change. Unis, caps, logos, schedule, players, coaches, managers etc all make the transition without having to do a thing. Of course it's always possible for a glitch to come up and you may have to go to the team tab and regrab the graphics file but that would be very rare.

It is good to have both ways available
Old 10-01-2016, 10:51 AM   #18
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

Quote:

I double-checked the league history, partway into my first season with after switching affiliates. My league history shows both the "old" team, Charlotte, and the "new" team, El Paso (I love that little chihuahua), as separate entities. One little detail is that it shows EP as starting in 2015, which it did not, at least within the ILL.

For my purposes of a single switch, this works well to split their histories.(if only the EP start year were correct it would be perfect)

I can see for your purposes of many switches (within the same league - El Paso had come from outside the ILL) than your approach and league history is preferable.

Ohiodevil and you are both right - personal preference.

Thank you both.
Attached Images

Last edited by MrBojangles; 10-01-2016 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #19
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

I do it the same way as Ohiodevil. The other way just jacks up the history.

For example, in the screenshot Sweed posted, the Colorado Springs Sky Sox were never in Nashville. Milwaukee's affiliation moved from Nashville to Colorado Springs, but the team itself has been in Nashville since it was promoted from AA in the wake of the 1993 expansion. And the SkySox have been Colorado Springs since 1987 when they moved from Hawaii.

Sorry, I know it's easier, but it would do my head in. Besides, the other way has a few extra steps but, like everything else, you get into a rhythm and it goes quicker with practice.

But hey, IYG,PIYW

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:50 AM   #20
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

This is a reason why Player Development Contracts should be added to the game
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote