Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 11-09-2015, 08:47 PM   #1
GoPedro99
All Star Reserve

New

Currently downloading the game. any suggestions for starting out strong?
GoPedro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:51 PM   #2
pgjocki
All Star Starter

If MLB Quick Start pick a team you know or pick a good team like the Cardinals. Just a little bias...

However, to really learn the game start a 8 team fantasy league and play a season to learn.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:53 AM   #3
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

once you get going, don't be afraid to dig down and tweak all the little settings, just to see what impact they will have on the game/stats/etc.... and don't get frustrated if/when you have to abandon a league and start over because you don't like how the numbers are looking... half the fun (at least to me) is the setup and anticipation of a new league.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 02:38 PM   #4
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Think i've restarted from 1901 five times now. Got to 1950 once .... usually about 1930 or so i decide to try something new or add different tweaks (such as Negro league players) .... really messed one league up when i changed to HR ratio .... had 100 plus homers by two people ... was exciting to see, but not too realistic. Right now i am trying Spritze DB ... can't get enough of this program. It's so flexible and expandable. And the guys on this site are really a great help and inspiration. you'll love it here.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote