Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 08-15-2015, 01:42 PM   #21
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Most of us have been through all of this before. As long as we get updated regularly I think we are ready to wait for a virtually bug-free product....this time.

By the way, just curious. If TB2015 is being built using the same guts as OOTP, has it been possible to morph some things from OOTP to TB2015 to cut down on development time?

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 08-15-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:29 PM   #22
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
Most of us have been through all of this before. As long as we get updated regularly I think we are ready to wait for a virtually bug-free product....this time.
Ah, but this time you will have enough spare time to help beta test won't you cap? I know a piece of bug free software is a programmers holy grail, but I am working on the assumption if we start early enough we should find most of the big issues BEFORE we release. Or thats the plan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
By the way, just curious. If TB2015 is being built using the same guts as OOTP, has it been possible to morph some things from OOTP to TB2015 to cut down on development time?
Not really, apart from the fact OOTP own there AI code which is the heart of OOTP, the sport of baseball is quite different. The injuries are different, the contracts are different, the backroom staff are different and players/fighters wages are different. So all-in-all its a completely different beast..
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #23
mking55
All Star Starter

The only similarity I see between Baseball and Boxing is that they both start with a "B".

And, with the way some fighters can't fight, they could be baseball players.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:15 PM   #24
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul View Post
Ah, but this time you will have enough spare time to help beta test won't you cap? I know a piece of bug free software is a programmers holy grail, but I am working on the assumption if we start early enough we should find most of the big issues BEFORE we release. Or thats the plan...

Not really, apart from the fact OOTP own there AI code which is the heart of OOTP, the sport of baseball is quite different. The injuries are different, the contracts are different, the backroom staff are different and players/fighters wages are different. So all-in-all its a completely different beast..
I don't know. You've got hitting, pitching and catching.

Cap
Old 08-18-2015, 12:46 PM   #25
DamPenguin
All Star Reserve

Having an issue finding the "config.ini" file.

I'm using Windows 7. I open windows explorer but in the Users folder I only have HP & Public. Neither of which has "Application Data". I tried going in through the C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5\
but there is no config.ini file there.

Can anyone with a clue please help me find the Application Data folder or the config.ini file that I would need to make the changes to. Thank you.
DamPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:08 PM   #26
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamPenguin View Post
Having an issue finding the "config.ini" file.

I'm using Windows 7. I open windows explorer but in the Users folder I only have HP & Public. Neither of which has "Application Data".
I think you need to show hidden files and folders.

For Windows 7 try this;

Go to Users folder and select Organize drop-down, select "Folder and Search Options".

Then as below, select "Show hidden files and folders".

Hopefully will now reveal themselves to you.

"I occasionally agreed to carry an opponent, almost always in what is known as a tune-up fight. I never considered it morally wrong as long as I was winning the fight. I was never a killer, like some fighters. I never enjoyed knocking out a guy who I knew had no chance to beat me." Sugar Ray Robinson
bob_bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:15 PM   #27
DamPenguin
All Star Reserve

That worked! Thanks Bob!!
Old 09-01-2015, 12:40 PM   #28
DamPenguin
All Star Reserve

Okay a new problem...

I just ran an update to my data pool and this is the message I received upon completing the update:

Successfully imported 40 fighter data
records from web server!

Error importing rating records: Invalid data
or error writing record to file

Successfully imported 32 fighter biography
records from web server!

I closed the program and ran it again and the same error message reappears. I am using TB 2.5. Any ideas how to fix this?
Old 09-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #29
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay a new problem...

I just ran an update to my data pool and this is the message I received upon completing the update:

records from web server!

records from web server!

I closed the program and ran it again and the same error message reappears. I am using TB 2.5. Any ideas how to fix this?
Same here;

"I occasionally agreed to carry an opponent, almost always in what is known as a tune-up fight. I never considered it morally wrong as long as I was winning the fight. I was never a killer, like some fighters. I never enjoyed knocking out a guy who I knew had no chance to beat me." Sugar Ray Robinson
Old 09-02-2015, 07:02 AM   #30
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Okay a new problem...

records from web server!

records from web server!

Can you try again, but start the game with the trace mode option from the windows start menu. Then email the log file to someone@pisd.co.uk. I think the log file is in your my documents folder somewhere...
Old 09-02-2015, 07:03 AM   #31
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_bask View Post
Same here;

THis is a different error, can you check you entered the new data server correctly. If that does not help, do the trace mode test as mentioned above..
Old 09-02-2015, 02:12 PM   #32
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
THis is a different error, can you check you entered the new data server correctly. If that does not help, do the trace mode test as mentioned above..
On trace mode

Old 09-03-2015, 02:28 PM   #33
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

I just opened my copy of TB2.5 and did an update, all was fine. I reset my timestamps to force a complete download, it too worked fine. Does anyone else have this problem?

If not, maybe as the message says there is an issue writting to your disk. Do a scan, make sure you have space and check your data folder or files in it are not read only...
Old 09-03-2015, 09:48 PM   #34
pilight
All Star Starter

The only problem I had with updating was that TB2013 crashed whenever I tried to let it update in the background.
pilight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:09 AM   #35
Mark42661
All Star Starter

Quote:
I just opened my copy of TB2.5 and did an update, all was fine. I reset my timestamps to force a complete download, it too worked fine. Does anyone else have this problem?

If not, maybe as the message says there is an issue writting to your disk. Do a scan, make sure you have space and check your data folder or files in it are not read only...

I'm having the same problem as DamPenguin and bob_bask... I guess I'm just so tired of all these issues that I didn't bother to report this issue too... and I know that is wrong on my part.

All I want right now is for version 2.5 to continue to work as it had been working for years. PLEASE don't take away the option to use this version as changes are made to get the newest version ready!

Thanks,
Mark
Old 09-04-2015, 07:10 AM   #36
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark42661 View Post
I'm having the same problem as DamPenguin and bob_bask... I guess I'm just so tired of all these issues that I didn't bother to report this issue too... and I know that is wrong on my part.
The "No data found" errors above are most likely because your game got confused when switching from one server to the other. Try setting the timestamps to 0 and update again. This will do a full refresh of the data on your system making sure its in sync witht the server. So the bottom of your config file should look like this:

Code:
[Web Options]
Domain=tbdata.titleboutboxing.com
TimestampFighters=0
TimestampRatingRecords=0
TimestampFighterBios=0
Interestingly, I tried to sync again this morning and I am getting the rating records error... So I am able to start looking into this now and will report back in a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark42661 View Post
All I want right now is for version 2.5 to continue to work as it had been working for years. PLEASE don't take away the option to use this version as changes are made to get the newest version ready!
I don't want to stop v2.5 working because I understand it has a soft spot in everyones hearts. There was a problem with uploading changes to the old server which kinda forced my hand a little bit. There will become a time when tb2.5 will no longer work on modern PC's and I hope to have TB2015+ stable enough to take over. We have been testing it for months now in an effort to find and fix as many issues as possible. Its my hope that this will be very stable release...
Old 09-04-2015, 12:35 PM   #37
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Fixed.... please try again...
Old 09-04-2015, 01:14 PM   #38
DamPenguin
All Star Reserve

Just ran a successful update... Thank you!!!
Old 09-07-2015, 06:30 PM   #39
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Hi I want to beta test!!!!!!
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:04 AM   #40
Mugsy
Minors (Triple A)

On the new changelist, which is the new rating and which is the old? is the old one on the left or right side?
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote