Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 10:37 PM   #1
J W
Minors (Single A)

money back? (epilogue)

(I understand why my original thread was closed..... it became infected with ill will. However near the end of that thread a grievous insult and slanderous lie was directed at me by some guy called 'The Wolf.' For my part I reserve the right (and deserve the right) to respond to that insult. Thus, mine will be a singular post to this thread.)

Mr 'Wolf' said: “I went back and looked at your posts from 2004 and saw people offering you help.”
And to you I say: How dare you! Who do you think you are checking up and spying on me? You don't even know me. And you're wrong! For the record there was some guy named 'dwags' if I'm not mistaken. He made numerous vitriolic attacks when I was just trying to get help. I told the guy to leave me alone but I couldn't shake him. One of the administrators even warned him to settle down. Shortly after that, I left. If those posts aren't there any more, then they've been deleted….. not that it's any of your business!

And as for your sidekick 'Padreman' with his remark “But please don't exaggerate your stories to make certain forum members look bad.”

Take my advice Mr. 'Padreman'; when you don't know what you're talking about, you shouldn't talk. There are times when 'silence has lease.' And trust me, your buddy Mr. 'Wolf' is clearly not a reliable source.

And one other thing. Earlier Mr Wolf said “why did the OP not start a thread entitled 'How Do I Fix This Steam Issue?'”

Assuming that I'm this OP, whatever that means, I now need to ask Mr. Wolf a few questions: How many times do I need to repeat myself? Wasn't I clear earlier when I posted that I was frustrated and tired? But since that answer hasn't stuck, let me give you a better one: I honestly didn't want to be bothered 'fixing' anything. I just bought and loaded the game. I barely got going and it froze up. What would make you think that I or anybody else for that matter, would want to put up with fixing something they just bought? I bought the game to enjoy myself. Spending hours poring over hundreds of posts in these forums, trying to find a needle in a haystack isn't my idea of having fun.

I am now done with this thread and I won't be back. I may attempt private contacts with a few of the non-anal members of this community in the future. But if I do ever post another thread and if you're one of the guys with a stick in your butt, then please just ignore my thread entirely, ok.

Finally I'd like to offer a heartfelt thank you to those who did help me. Your kindness is appreciated.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:40 PM   #2
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Build a bridge and get over it.

Oh no some anonymous (to you) jerkoff made some comments I thought were mean.

/me rolls his eyes
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
Old 06-22-2015, 10:51 PM   #3
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Dude you really need to just drop it just not cool
And side note OP means original poster

Chargers= Despicable Traitors

Last edited by Padreman; 06-22-2015 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:16 PM   #4
STeK
Banned

epilogue... LOL you must be bored....
Old 06-22-2015, 11:36 PM   #5
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by J W View Post
But if I do ever post another thread and if you're one of the guys with a stick in your butt, then please just ignore my thread entirely, ok.
Stick in the butt = starting a new thread because he did not get a chance to respond in the old thread, in my humble opinion, of course.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:40 PM   #6
yougo1000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by J W View Post
(I understand why my original thread was closed..... it became infected with ill will. However near the end of that thread a grievous insult and slanderous lie was directed at me by some guy called 'The Wolf.' For my part I reserve the right (and deserve the right) to respond to that insult. Thus, mine will be a singular post to this thread.)

Mr 'Wolf' said: “I went back and looked at your posts from 2004 and saw people offering you help.”
And to you I say: How dare you! Who do you think you are checking up and spying on me? You don't even know me. And you're wrong! For the record there was some guy named 'dwags' if I'm not mistaken. He made numerous vitriolic attacks when I was just trying to get help. I told the guy to leave me alone but I couldn't shake him. One of the administrators even warned him to settle down. Shortly after that, I left. If those posts aren't there any more, then they've been deleted….. not that it's any of your business!

And as for your sidekick 'Padreman' with his remark “But please don't exaggerate your stories to make certain forum members look bad.”

Take my advice Mr. 'Padreman'; when you don't know what you're talking about, you shouldn't talk. There are times when 'silence has lease.' And trust me, your buddy Mr. 'Wolf' is clearly not a reliable source.

And one other thing. Earlier Mr Wolf said “why did the OP not start a thread entitled 'How Do I Fix This Steam Issue?'”

Assuming that I'm this OP, whatever that means, I now need to ask Mr. Wolf a few questions: How many times do I need to repeat myself? Wasn't I clear earlier when I posted that I was frustrated and tired? But since that answer hasn't stuck, let me give you a better one: I honestly didn't want to be bothered 'fixing' anything. I just bought and loaded the game. I barely got going and it froze up. What would make you think that I or anybody else for that matter, would want to put up with fixing something they just bought? I bought the game to enjoy myself. Spending hours poring over hundreds of posts in these forums, trying to find a needle in a haystack isn't my idea of having fun.

I am now done with this thread and I won't be back. I may attempt private contacts with a few of the non-anal members of this community in the future. But if I do ever post another thread and if you're one of the guys with a stick in your butt, then please just ignore my thread entirely, ok.

Finally I'd like to offer a heartfelt thank you to those who did help me. Your kindness is appreciated.
lol
Bulls
Hawks
and Kansas JayHawks
Old 06-22-2015, 11:42 PM   #7
STeK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougo1000 View Post
lol
lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AaXmjTsESY

Last edited by STeK; 06-22-2015 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:42 PM   #8
BMD
All Star Reserve

I would like to suggest this thread be moved to OT since it has nothing to do with OOTP16.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:42 PM   #9
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Good Lord, this is funny. Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:45 PM   #10
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Oh, and "Finally I'd like to offer a heartfelt thank you to those who did help me. Your kindness is appreciated."

Since I'm the guy who posted the solution to your problem, you're welcome.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:47 PM   #11
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

I have no beef with anyone here but in my experience as a past and current moderator on other forums usually these types of posts are "please ban me posts" so the OP can feel like they were wronged.

----

To the OP. I don't know why you wanted your money back and I don't care but coming on a forum to ask for your money back on a game is never the right way to do it. All you're asking for is trouble. You could have easily used tech support like anyone else would have or used the same service that you bought the game though. Steam does offer refunds.

One other thing. Why would you come here asking for your money back when you bought the game though steam? Makes no sense.

Last edited by ra7c7er; 06-22-2015 at 11:49 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:53 PM   #12
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

Forgot to add something else. This whole thing of going to the game devs to get steam refunds needs to stop as a whole not just the OP but with many games what people are doing is going to devs to get "refunds" but never contacting steam. So in essence they are stealing the game after the fact. This is exactly why steam is offering refunds now.

I suggest to OOTP to NOT give refunds for the steam game anymore and direct anyone who asks for a refund for steam to the steam refund page.

Last edited by ra7c7er; 06-22-2015 at 11:55 PM.
Closed Thread