Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-13-2015, 07:58 PM   #1
PoopyJoe69
Minors (Triple A)

How to get over crappy draft classes?

Since I have a small budget in the MLB, the draft is really my only way of competing. After the real players all get drafted, how do I compete when the top players are only 3 stars potential?
PoopyJoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:37 PM   #2
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

You don't know how really good a draft class actually is for several years. They may be 3 stars coming out of school, but they can become 5 star guys after some years learning in the minors. Of course, the opposite can happen too where 3 star guys never develop and you release them from A ball after enough seasons of no progress.

That's no different from real life.

Look at it this way: Any player you draft who ends up contributing in a meaningful to the Major League squad was a good pick, regardless of the round in which you got him or what his ratings were at the time you drafted him.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:52 PM   #3
Thunder
Hall Of Famer

My 2019 draft had only a handful of players that were any good. I got someone with 24 POT (on the 20-80 scale) at #23 overall.

The '20 draft had NO players above 21 POT. Not a one. I understand this is the game compensating for the uber classes of 2015-18, but I can't see going through a decade of drafts like this until it gets leveled off.

I added 90 players to the pool before the draft (10 star, 20 good, 60 avg.) just so I could draft for three rounds before turning it over to the AI to pick the pile of slugs I'd be cutting in two years. If I have to do this every season for the rest of time, so be it.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...raft-pool.html