Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:38 AM   #801
Steve509
Minors (Double A)

I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug, but a feature that was present in previous versions of the game, was that in the history index under the drafted players tab, the game used to highlight players in purple for those who reached the majors during their career. Right now every player in the drafted history index is not highlighted and it makes it difficult to tell which players who reached the majors in their career.

I enjoyed that feature as it was a nice way to look back and see what prospects turned into a bust and those late round drafted players who turned into stars.

Last edited by Steve509; 04-06-2015 at 01:41 AM.
Steve509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:00 AM   #802
majesty95
All Star Starter

The game just crashed "stopped working" after realigning some teams/players.

I was in the offseason of the 1918 (heading into 1919). I had moved 4 teams from my Federal League to Major League Baseball (two in AL and two in NL).

I then kept five players from an MLB team who I was merging with a FL team and released the rest of their players. I then moved (assigned to the sister MLB team) five players from the sister FL team. I released the remainded of the players on this FL. I did this four times (with 4 AL and 4 FL teams).

I then released all of the players from the last two remaining FL teams I had. Almost immediately after (I can't remember if I had clicked the team or league tab or if it happened immediately) the game crashed (pop up saying stopped working) and forced/automatically closed the game losing my progress.

EDIT: I just duplicated this bug. This time I went in and moved the players/released remaining from merging teams, then moved the 4 teams I was transferring from FL to MLB and then went in and released all of the players on the remaining 2 teams. I then clicked on league dropdown and clicked "standings" and this happened. I was going to the standing to see which teams had the better records from then deciding which coaches to move.fire. Obviously it did not know how to handle the standings since teams were moved. I can't imagine I'm the first or last to do this so maybe graying that out (if that's easiest) or having it show the standing of the remaining teams? I'm sure its rare and I saved at each step my 2nd time through but is still irritating to have to go back and redo something.

Last edited by majesty95; 04-06-2015 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Update
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:21 AM   #803
bazeall
Minors (Double A)

Runner on third two outs. Batter strikes out, but the pitch is a passed ball. The batter is safe at first. The runner from third scores. The batter is awarded an RBI.

The batter should not have an RBI in that situation.
bazeall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:19 AM   #804
majesty95
All Star Starter

Sign and Release

I've seen this numerous times during this offseason. A guy is signed and then immediately released by that team. It happened 4 times in one offseason just to this one player. I've seen it happen to others, just not this frequently.

majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:22 AM   #805
lwlion
Minors (Rookie Ball)

International Free Agents

Just to clean this up.

I think my problem was that I have my Assistant GM signing International players and this probably includes the 16 year old free agents.

I imagine my assistant was offering all of them minor league deals with no bonus which they took offense to.

Anyway, I found the area in the setting to turn this feature off, so no issues for me anymore.

Regards
lwlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:46 AM   #806
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509 View Post
I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug, but a feature that was present in previous versions of the game, was that in the history index under the drafted players tab, the game used to highlight players in purple for those who reached the majors during their career. Right now every player in the drafted history index is not highlighted and it makes it difficult to tell which players who reached the majors in their career.

I enjoyed that feature as it was a nice way to look back and see what prospects turned into a bust and those late round drafted players who turned into stars.
I have been missing this as well. I hope it is a bug (or at least a feature that can be easily re-added.)
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:12 AM   #807
BPS
All Star Reserve

I've noted that players who complain about too many slackers/selfish players are themselves often slackers (with very low work ethic). Is this as designed?
BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:09 AM   #808
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPS View Post
I've noted that players who complain about too many slackers/selfish players are themselves often slackers (with very low work ethic). Is this as designed?
Sure. Takes one to know one.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:23 PM   #809
dunningrb
Minors (Double A)

See below-- the bug is pretty obvious. I'm not sure think this is a result of how the game handles updates on the substitution screen. I probably deselected "P" as my pitcher's position, then reselected it.
Attached Images
Old 04-06-2015, 12:45 PM   #810
wbfoley100
Bat Boy

I might not understand how notes work, but I keep getting updates on a player that I put a note on(on accident), but then deleted it. Is this how it is supposed to work?
wbfoley100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:59 PM   #811
zach6844
Bat Boy

So, when i advance a day to the next game, the previous games result doesn't show up. It happened in the previous game also. And I've done everything to try and fix it, but it still doesn't work.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 277
Size:  11.3 KB

Last edited by zach6844; 04-06-2015 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Pics
zach6844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:00 PM   #812
diesel230
All Star Reserve

I have 2 issues. First i was not able to release Jandel Gustave. I tired every way i know of releasing a player and nothing would work. Second issue was after the Gustave problem, i noticed that in my league the date in the far right corner was 2 days ahead of the date under "game". I started two new leagues and the 2 day issue happened in both leagues. Did the Gustave problem somehow corrupt something in my files?
Attached Images
Image Image 
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:07 PM   #813
diesel230
All Star Reserve

I meant to show the hi lighted screen grabs
Attached Images
Image Image 
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:53 PM   #814
TomasNL
Minors (Single A)

I don't know if this is a bug, but OOTP16 crashes everytime I enter my license code. I have re-installed the game a couple of times, but that doesn't work. I never had this with previous versions of your game.

I have entered a ticket, but I am not sure how long that will take. Has any of you guys had this problem? Thanks in advance..
TomasNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:27 PM   #815
tjbaker22
Bat Boy

coach filter bug

I am getting the following errors everytime I try to search for coaches.

COACH_LIST_PANEL::filter_coaches - unknown condition.get_id()

COACH_LIST_PANEL::filter_coaches - is_string/is_numeric flags not set

I am playing via steam on a mac. It seems from my research that this has been an issue in past versions of ootp.

Thanks
tjbaker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:52 PM   #816
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Black and White Screens

Whenever I minimize and maximize the game I get either a black or white screen. I can not even exit out unless I go to task manager.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:17 PM   #817
djhb20
Bat Boy

So, I had Oakland, LA, and Texas all finish tied for first in the AL West, as well as tied for the final wild card spot.

OOTP set up a play-in structure that lead to:

LA beats Oakland
LA beats Texas
Oakland beats Texas

So, LA won the division, Oak got the final wild card. Tampa Bay won the first wild card.

But, the wild card game is....

Oakland against Oakland.

Which, you know, seems wrong.

View image: As v As in Wild Card Game
View image: As v As in Wild Card Game2

Last edited by djhb20; 04-06-2015 at 07:56 PM.
djhb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:57 PM   #818
lwlion
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Arbitration Withdrawal didn't work

I just signed on as GM for the Rockies.

I go through the current roster and there are some players that are arbitration eligible that I do not want resigned.

So I go to the arbitration screen and withdraw the contract offers.

Three days later, I get an e-mail. All my players eligible for arbitration signed contracts, including the guys I withdrew the offers from.

Did I do something wrong or miss something here.

It also seems weird that every player signed and none went to arbitration. I guess that could happen.

Regards.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:06 PM   #819
lwlion
Minors (Rookie Ball)

One other thing I just noticed as well.

I changed the offer on some of the players in arbitration to lower amounts that were originally offered and then clicked change.

I think the players signed to a contract that was the original offer.

For example, a player was originally offered $7,200,000 and I change it to $6,000,000 and click change.

The player signed before going to arbitration and the amount he signed for was $7,200,000.

Now please take this post with a grain of salt. I'm going on memory here because I did not write down what my new offer was. (Although $7,200,000 would be a strange amount for me to put in as a new offer)

I'll pay more attention to this aspect of the game next time I get to that point in the year and report back what I did exactly and what happened next. (Of course it will work perfectly next time making me look like an idiot, LOL)
Old 04-06-2015, 11:01 PM   #820
djhb20
Bat Boy

So, for the record, Tampa (the other Wild Card team) did get in the play-offs, but they did not play in the play-in game.

There was just no AL West winner. Los Angeles won the two play-in games, and got left out of the play-offs.

Oakland came in second, got in to the play-in game (had Sonny Gray pitch against himself), and advanced to the division series.
djhb20 is offline   Reply With Quote