Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 04-03-2015, 11:20 AM   #761
Ez-Stepper
Bat Boy

This may not be a major issue and I could be wrong but I'm not seeing a "withdraw" option for staff pending offers in my online league but I have seen it in my regular offline leagues.
Ez-Stepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #762
lwlion
Minors (Rookie Ball)

International Free Agents Bug?

Now I'm back to the bug side of things on this.

I got to that point in the season where International Free Agents are available. These are the 16 year olds that are looking to break into the league.

If you completely ignore it, I don't think you will get any personal e-mails from the free agents.

But this time I decided, for shiggles, to offer the guy with the highest potential a minor league deal with a small bonus and I looked at the profile of the guy with the second highest potential.

OMG, did I get e-mails. Not only did I get e-mails from the guy I offered a contract to but I think I got multiple e-mails from every player that was on that list. I got a personal e-mail from these International Free Agents almost everyday for two months until they where all signed.

Almost all of them indicated that I offered each a contract of some type (I didn't, not even by mistake) and some seemed to think that they were already signed by me and said things like "I like playing in your organization and wish to continue to do so but you are going to need to offer me more money," and "Is this how you reward loyalty?"

This is a minor thing but it is a little annoying. Is there a setting in the game where I can get rid of this part of the season.

Regards
lwlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:44 AM   #763
wbfoley100
Bat Boy

Rule 5 issue:

I'm simming a random fantasy draft from 1901 - present. When I get to the rule 5 draft it seems at least one team(if not all of them), keep taking the same guy, but he's never going off the board. Also is the Rule 5 suppose to show up on the Last Draft Log? It is not appearing there so I can't take a look at the draft.
wbfoley100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:42 PM   #764
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

So a national league player won the MVP in the allstar game despite their loss (though that's not the problem). The problem is that the news listed the player as part of the winning American league team. Also, the game shows that the player's homerun was for the AL team even though he's on the NL team (he was not traded or anything to an AL club ever).
Attached Images
Image Image 
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:00 PM   #765
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

I'm not 100% sure this is a bug, but it certainly seems that something is not working properly.

I'm in the process of developing a stats only quickstart using keepers with the hope of releasing it to the community here. I've been doing quite a bit of testing with settings and whatnot to get the fictional world to where I want it.

I'm going to be sending along my league files so you can see all the options I've enabled and disabled, but (I would assume) most relevantly, I've added feeder leagues, changed the ages of those leagues to 14-17 for HS, 18-21 for college, and made the AI evaluation 0/50/33/17. Overall rating based on AI eval, not pure ratings has also been checked.

The issue:

After several days of tinkering, I'm close to having it where I want it, but I ran through a draft to make sure things were working properly. The player who was picked first overall is the guy in the attached picture. As you can see, the guy seems to have played 5 high school games back in 2025, when he was 14. He does not have any statistics or history beyond that, yet he got taken #1 overall. As I stated, the AI evaluation has been set to consider only statistics, so how is a guy who only played 5 games four years ago looking like a #1 pick to the AI?

The #4 pick (you can check him in the league files) pitched around 57 innings total with modest stats when he was 14 and 15, then didn't pitch again.

So, my issues are:

1. Why aren't these guys playing in the first place if they're good enough to be top 5 picks?

2. Why and how is the AI evaluating them as top 5 picks?

If someone can take a look and see if this is a bug or, if not, what setting I have on/off is causing the issue, I would greatly appreciate it. Leagues files forthcoming. Photo of #1 pick attached.

Edit: The zipped league data files have been submitted as NumberOnePickIssueLeague
Attached Images

Last edited by Ruthian23; 04-03-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:57 PM   #766
SiN8
Minors (Double A)

Evan Gattis was put on waivers the same day he was signed via FA.
Attached Images
Image Image 
SiN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #767
HoustonGM
Major Leagues

World Series MVP shouldn't be coming from the losing team so often.... I mean, that basically never happens IRL right?
HoustonGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:58 PM   #768
jabrown6940
Minors (Triple A)

SL2 GB stats are cut off. Don't know if this is known. Went back a half dozen or so pages to look, but dang it, I'm just too busy playing to search every post.
Attached Images
jabrown6940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:23 PM   #769
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrown6940 View Post
SL2 GB stats are cut off. Don't know if this is known. Went back a half dozen or so pages to look, but dang it, I'm just too busy playing to search every post.
What is your screen resolution? It seems that you have an extremely small resolution which may be causing the cutoff.
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:35 PM   #770
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Question: If we reported a bug in this thread and sent files, are we also supposed to put in a support ticket on the other site or is it either/or? If it's the latter, how are we notified when more is known? If the former, how do we tie it with our post here?
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:22 PM   #771
jabrown6940
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorseMoose View Post
What is your screen resolution? It seems that you have an extremely small resolution which may be causing the cutoff.
1920 x 1080
This only happens when when changing to a previous date to see what the standings looked like earlier in the season. I can change to other resolutions and get the same thing.
jabrown6940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:24 PM   #772
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Milestone listings

Not sure if this is a BUG or not.

I imported my solo league from OOTP15 to OOTP16

When I go to the Milestone page for HITTERs it will be incomplete. However when I go to the League home page everything will show up. It is ONLY for HITTERs.

NEVER happened when I did imports before.
Attached Images
Image Image 
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:25 PM   #773
stevem810
All Star Starter

Coach contract

I imported a league from 15 to 16. It . The coach signed on 9/7 and then left the team on 9/24 in version 16. So, the transaction log in September doesn't have the 9/7 signing listed but the screen shot states he signed.
Attached Images
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:59 PM   #774
ewank
Minors (Single A)

Double at-bats

While playing an actual game, three times it has occurred that the same batter has had back to back at bats. One time was not saved the other times, it was Michael Saunders while I played the Jays and the second was Steven Strasburgh against the Jays who I was playing. I am sending the zipped files to your ftp site. The file is called OOTP16 DAT files (zipped). This does take away from the realism of the game. The league is called Blue Jays Playoff Bound!

Last edited by ewank; 04-03-2015 at 09:10 PM.
ewank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:05 PM   #775
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
World Series MVP shouldn't be coming from the losing team so often.... I mean, that basically never happens IRL right?
Just saw an OOTP trivia question that literally states the ONE player to have won the MVP on a losing World Series team. It should happen once every 100 years or so!

But, this is a sample size situation.
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:46 PM   #776
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

I apologize if this has already been reprted. I started two labeled shortlists and the game keeps duplicating those lists, so that instead of two, I now have over a hundred of the same titled shortlists.
Abnerdoubleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:32 AM   #777
azepeda
Minors (Double A)

Playoff Gate Revenue

You can charge whatever you want and the attendance does not change. I changed ticket cost from 30 to 50 to 80 to 100 and sold out 60,950 seats each time.
azepeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:12 AM   #778
majesty95
All Star Starter

1 SP, 2 GS, 21 IP, 1 Day

I haven't seen anything like this before, but it does appear that the old days pitcher usage is kind of wonky. I've seen pitchers makes starts on back-to-back days. But this takes the cake...

Claude Hendrix was an iron man today, starting both games of the double header and pitching 21 innings!
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:40 AM   #779
CT-Sox-Fan
Minors (Double A)

mySQL or CSV export

I had said never mind before but now I see why it worked after not working.

From the Commissioner's automator screen, if you select SQL dump (on a mac at least), you are brought to the screen where normally you would have to enter the commissioner's password. However there is no dialog box to do so - just a blank screen with menus at the top.

If I go to Game Settings, where I also have to enter the commish password, that dialog appears and I can enter the password successfully.

At that point I can go back to SQL Dump and it goes right to the correct screen since I've already entered the password.

The problem is you can't go to SQL Dump if you haven't already had to enter the commissioner password somewhere else (like to change game settings).

When I said never mind (back quite a few pages now) I had apparently entered the commish password so I could add a new GM, and then some time after that went to export SQL files for the utility so it worked.

Hope that's clear. Definitely seems something that broke somehow. For now there is an easy workaround by just going somewhere else that requires the password and then going back.

Other than that, the game is great, and updating our league from 14-15-16 went very smoothly and quickly. We are into the regular season and all is good. Thanks to the team for a great job with the release.

Dave

MLBD- Toronto Blue Jays GM,
FCBL- Baltimore Orioles GM,
EIB- Texas Rangers GM
CT-Sox-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #780
Salmon
Minors (Single A)

Some Minor League Players not updating stats in Fictional League

I have several minor league players who once promoted to another level did not have their new stats updated.
Example: Jose Pimentel plays for New City (single A) in the Albuquerque Lobos system. I recently (after migrating from OOTP 15) promoted him to New City. His recent games listing (player profile page) does not refllect his most recent game. which is in his compiled stats on the same page (at the bottom of the page).

My submitted league file is Second.lg.zip

Thanks for your help,

George Bugallo
Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote