Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 10-10-2014, 01:20 PM   #1
ucrenegade
Bat Boy

Long time Baseball Mogul user

I just recently bought ootp 14 to see if i like it so far I do but I have a newb question I read you have to get some player pic sets to have real pics, where do I find where I can download a set and in step by step directions i need to see how to add to my game I am currently starting in 1979 and I have a bunch of guys in the minors I never even heard of? On the top 100 prospects list I only reckonize maybe 20 real guys?

Being I am older put it this way when I grew up not everyone in the house had internet and there was no such thing as AOL.

So If anyone can help me make my franchise as real as possible in step by step directions I would really appreciate it.

I might restart and begin in 1980 I want Donnie baseball on my team as he is my favorite player of all-time and I know the yankees drafted him in 1979 but he is not on my the yankees roster.

One other quick questions where do I see players to be drafted so I can see if mattingly is in the draft at least?

step by step and screen shots are about the only things I understand when trying to do stuff on the computer thanks.
ucrenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:22 PM   #2
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

I'll take a stab at answering some of your questions.

First you need to decide if you want 'real' photos or facegen pictures in your game. This is feature is not in Mogul, as far as I know, so give this some thought. Using facegen allows you to see the player in the uniform of the team he is currently on, not merely the team in the picture. Also players age realistically.

You can import real pictures and/or facegen from within the game. Go to the OOTP mods topic in OOTP15. You will also need uniforms, caps and logos for facegen, so install those from the main game screen, too.

Starting in 1979 (or whenever) things to remember. The game somewhat randomizes debut dates based on when the player first appeared in the majors, NOT the year a player was drafted. So Don Mattingly will most likely appear in 1982, give or take a year.

Players who never appeared in MLB will also never appear in the draft, even if they really got drafted in the first round.

If you want to start playing in the year 1979, I would advise starting in 1974 or so and fast simming to the end of 1978. Then start up by picking a team. I think the draft takes place a few days after the WS ends, but I'm not that much of an historic simmer, so check other sources in the OOTP15 Historic Simulations topics. Don't worry about the versions, the startup is the still the same.

Starting earlier gives teams more players than starting in 1979 where you would only have players who appeared that year.

Hope that helps get you started, there is a bit of a learning curve to the setup and having a first try using the major league quick start is the best way to jump in and get a feel for what does what. You would see how facegen, logos and/or photos get used, although the draft is quite different because the game generates fictional players for that.