Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Online Leagues

OOTP 15 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 15 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 08:32 PM   #21
kbullen87
Bat Boy

Sweet new people soon I won't be the new guy.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:56 PM   #22
atsather
Minors (Single A)

PM sent to both of you.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:13 AM   #23
fairwarning
Bat Boy

I left the league a few months ago. There are nice GMs in it but it became OBVIOUS that one or more of the administrators was MANIPULATING the performance of players by improving players on their team or teams of other administrators and worsening the performance of players on teams run by the GMs that weren't part of the inner circle. And that is just ONE problem!

They do not monitor trades at all and let trades go through that are very one sided and would be stopped or questioned in most leagues.

Any criticism of the league is INSTANTLY shot down and RIDICULED

The better players in the draft will often ONLY sign with teams run by the inner circle of GMs. Likewise for free agents ESPECIALLY international free agents

The inner circle of GMs sees the TRUE RATINGS for players. I found this out after the one of them screwed up and left it on after running a sim
Old 04-04-2015, 12:38 PM   #24
MrFridayMorning
Minors (Rookie Ball)

As an admin in the USoB, it's an absolute shame that the first time I'm hearing these complaints is through an anonymous post on the community message board from a handle obviously made to defame the league.

Many of the points made in the above post don't even warrant response. In the 4 or 5 actual years we've been around, I can think of two GMs who left on bad terms. Each of which disagreed with the direction of the league as it relates to expansion. So as OOTP leagues go, there's actually very little drama.

From an admin standpoint, everything is out in the open. There are actually committees for different aspects of the league (rules, competitive balance, storyline, etc.) that both admins and "regular GMs" are encouraged to join. Each initiative and proposed change coming out of these committees then goes to full league vote. Admins actually make close to zero decisions in a vacuum. We're in our 11th or 12th in game season, and it's the way we've done things from the beginning. Any disagreement is welcomed with an open mind and in the open. Take a look at our shout box and trade forum from yesterday. Everything is a mature discussion.

As for the true ratings been left on, we allow GMs CP points to upgrade prospects for contributing to the league. The true ratings get turned on when assigning these points to make sure we're doing this right. Again this is done out in the open.

In the end, it's a shame that someone felt the need to create a phony handle to attack our league. A league that's been around a long time, with a different twist that takes a lot of time to manage. If the person above wants to talk about the "obvious manipulation" they can message me here or at JTK on our forums.

EDIT: We're not the league for everyone, nor do we try to be. We're a little unique, niche community. If you want a league that's going to scrutinize every trade or have GMs yell at each other in an AIM chat, more power to you. That's not us. But if you're looking for a league where you can be part of a community and be rewarded for your contributions, then give us a shout.

Last edited by MrFridayMorning; 04-04-2015 at 01:10 PM. Reason: One more point...
Old 04-04-2015, 01:19 PM   #25
fairwarning
Bat Boy

Look at the records and player performances from teams run by a few of the admins or long time GMs...

Scottsdale Copperheads

New Boston Red Sox

Great Northern Moose

That DOES NOT happen NATURALLY in online leagues and you are FOOLING yourself if you think it does.

There was ABSOLUTELY no need for true ratiings to be turned on for the upgrades. LOOK at the forums people, those upgrades have NOTHING to do with the true ratings
Old 04-04-2015, 01:24 PM   #26
MrFridayMorning
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Only 1 of 3 of those teams actually has admin privileges outside of the forum. 2 of the 3 don't see eye to eye on league issues.

It's simply not true.

Hope you're enjoying your new league. They're lucky to have you.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:38 PM   #27
fairwarning
Bat Boy

I was talking about the RECORDS and player PERFORMANCES, not whether the GMs agree with each other on everything

Include those links in your recruitment posts and see how many responses you get...
Old 04-04-2015, 01:45 PM   #28
MrFridayMorning
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You obviously missed my point so this is my last post on the matter. It's a shame you can't move on and find a need to now attack the integrity of three longstanding, dedicated GMs. Interesting to note that New Boston is the only team of the three mentioned that's won a championship in the last 5 years.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:09 PM   #29
whlineup
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wow, "Fairwarning".........Nothing of what you post is even close to the truth. Why bash a league in a forum with this?? None of this makes sense. This is truly a unique league and the overall GM interaction is what makes it so great. In fact last time I checked there were 10 or more guys in committee's running the league that live in all different areas of the World. Not getting why the rant. These GMs in the back office are keeping a tight eye on everything, so its not even possible for the things you are accusing of??

In the last 6 seasons we have had a different champion each season. No one is truly dominating. Scottsdale for example, has built a great team and has good years each year.........but he struggles to win it all due to the competition in this league.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:03 PM   #30
Snoblitz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairwarning View Post
Look at the records and player performances from teams run by a few of the admins or long time GMs...

Scottsdale Copperheads

New Boston Red Sox

Great Northern Moose

That DOES NOT happen NATURALLY in online leagues and you are FOOLING yourself if you think it does.

There was ABSOLUTELY no need for true ratiings to be turned on for the upgrades. LOOK at the forums people, those upgrades have NOTHING to do with the true ratings
Says the guy who came into the league and turned 93 win team into a 69 win team in just two short seasons. Fair warning to other league admins out there, Jim Reed who also goes by jmr31ewu likes to jump into leagues and make major rule change suggestions because he has a difficult time competing.

Sounds to me like somebody is having a hard time competing so his only recourse is to cry cheater. Stop giving this guy the attention he is seeking. A lot of us have poured out hearts into making this league a success over the years. Don't let one guy scare you away from the best online OOTP experience that I've had since I started playing the game in 2004.

You are only hurting yourself by not jumping in on this super fun, well run league!

Last edited by Snoblitz; 04-04-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:06 AM   #31
fairwarning
Bat Boy

Relevant info about the United States of Baseball:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...er-ootp15.html

And this one isn't even from me, so now multiple sources complaining about the league:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OOTP/commen...icious_at_all/
Old 06-20-2015, 12:52 AM   #32
RoyMunson
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Dude, Relax.
FairWarning (whoever you are) step up and tell us who you are. I don't respect anybody who hides behind an anonymous user name. Be a Man.

Last edited by RoyMunson; 06-20-2015 at 12:59 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:44 AM   #33
whlineup
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey Fairwarning How about stepping up and telling people who you are instead of being a pussy who hides behind a screen name and worries about a league he's not even in. What did you lose to one of the good teams and can't take it and had to go cry to your mommy like a little bitch!! This is getting ****ing old! Move on dirtbag!
Old 06-20-2015, 03:14 AM   #34
Artemulch
Bat Boy

The guy you're calling out

Since I'm the guy that you're calling out, I would have rather you made this concerns known when you were part of the league. We have a nice league structure where there are eight or nine guys making decisions now--I rarely do or say anything that involves the day to day running of the league anymore. Everyone that has been part of the league chips in to make this a very special place as we near our three year anniversary. Says a lot about our stability and camaraderie.

As for the cheating: We are in the midst of our 2025 season--I've won only one championship back in 2016 when we only had 16 teams. If I was going to cheat, I'd make my team win a whole bunch more. When my team became a perennial contender after the 2016 championship, I passed it off to a new guy and took over an expansion team just to end those kind of concerns. Sorry that didn't work for you--if you'd have mentioned your concerns to me while you were a part of the league, we may have been able to work out these differences.

I enjoy running the sims in the league as I have for the past three years, but this has become more than a game for me. I truly enjoy the conversations I've had with other members and even though I've never meet them face to face, I'm happy to call many of them friends. If anyone is looking for that kind of experience, the USoB is the place to be.

My name is Keith Thompson.
I go by the name Artemulch in our forums
I'd be happy to have anyone new and worthwhile join our league.
I'm not afraid to let everyone know who wrote this post.

Last edited by Artemulch; 06-20-2015 at 03:16 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:16 PM   #35
fairwarning
Bat Boy

The expansion team you TOOK came with the best players, the best prospects, and the biggest budget. AND it got the first pick in the draft in its first year. AND, FUNNY ENOUGH, THAT DRAFT JUST HAPPENED TO BE A DEEP DRAFT.

Your prospects NEVER LOSE RATINGS, THEY ONLY GAIN RATINGS. People can look around other teams in the league and see that is an oddity. Your players NEVER LOSE RATINGS. Again, an oddity in the league. An oddity that only happens in teams run by the LEAGUE ADMINS.

LOOK AROUND AT OTHER LEAGUES. You will not find many examples of managers that consistently dominate, but you can find a few examples in just this one league. ALL run by league admins or people that might as well be league admins.

The league admins ALWAYS get to put in the final bids for free agents and they ALWAYS know what to bid to get the free agents they want. The league admins ALWAYS know the true ratings for prospects before the draft.

Last edited by fairwarning; 06-26-2015 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #36
Lee
Global Moderator

Guys this forum is not for league squabbles and this thread is not accomplishing anything productive. Please take this off line or to your own forum.
Closed Thread