Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-19-2014, 05:30 PM   #1
SodyPop
Bat Boy

How to add logos to iOOTP 2014 - the definitive guide

Hi everyone, since so many people are asking this question (and I myself had been wondering until earlier today), I thought I'd write up a quick guide on how to add team logos into iOOTP 2014.

To begin, just a quick disclaimer:

iOOTP 2014 is the first OOTP game I've ever owned, so I actually know very little about the game or how it all works. But I sifted through the forums and found old instructions for past versions, and was able to successfully experiment/adapt them to iOOTP 2014. So here's exactly what I did (for reference, I have an iPhone 5S running iOS 7.1):

1. Download the logos that you want. You can find a ton of different versions in these forums; I got mine from post #32 in this thread, so all thanks/credit to the original poster.

2. Download a program that gives you full access to your iPhone's file directory. I used iFunBox (free, and available for both PC and Mac), but there may be others that also work.

3. With your phone connected to your computer, open iFunBox and navigate through the following folders:

- iPhone
- User Applications
- iOOTP 2014
- Documents
- saved_games
- [whatever your saved game is; for example, Game 2.lg]
- news
- html
- images

In the 'images' folder, you'll see all of the existing MLB team logos already in there, and named solely as the city. So, for example, the logo file for the Toronto Blue Jays is just toronto.png

Make sure that the file names of the images you're importing precisely match those of the files that are already in the game folder (I had to manually rename the logos I downloaded to only contain the city name).

When your new logo file names match the existing ones, just drag them directly from your computer folder into the iFunBox folder. As long as they have the same name, your new logo files should automatically replace the old ones (without giving you a warning or prompt).

4. Go back to your iPhone, and make sure to COMPLETELY close iOOTP. It has to be fully closed, so double-click the iPhone home button to see if iOOTP is running in the background. If it is, manually close it.

When you restart iOOTP and load your saved game, the new logos should be there! At least, that's what worked for me!

I don't know a ton about this whole process, but from what I read, it seems likely that you'll have to re-do this process any time that:
a) you start a new game (i.e., a new save file)
b) you update the game

Hope this helps! I'll answer any questions that I can, but again, I'm a newbie to this whole thing so probably won't be able to help out that much. Also, as you can tell, this is just for contemporary MLB teams - I have no idea how to do anything related to historical or fictional teams.
SodyPop is offline   Reply With Quote