Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

Adding stadiums and graphics

Can we get a quick rundown from the team here of how to add stadiums and other graphics to iOOTP 14?
thespungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #2
kmoirkne
Bat Boy

Logos

I couldn't get logo's in the saved game file. Is that done the same way as the past few years?
kmoirkne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:29 PM   #3
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

I was wondering this too... I got the orioles logo in the game tho
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #4
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Adding stadiums and graphics

I have transferred logos to the save game file. They're in the images folder.
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #5
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Looking good - are there up to date threads that you'd recommend advising how to do this?
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #6
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Dog 13 View Post
Looking good - are there up to date threads that you'd recommend advising how to do this?

Do you mean where in the saved game files? Or where to get the logos?
Old 04-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #7
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillupi View Post
Do you mean where in the saved game files? Or where to get the logos?
Hi

Bit of both really

Where did you get your logos?
and is there a decent step by step guide in the forum somewhere advising how to add them to the game.

I'm sure they was a YouTube video years ago ....
Old 04-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #8
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Dog 13 View Post
Hi

Bit of both really

Where did you get your logos?

and is there a decent step by step guide in the forum somewhere advising how to add them to the game.

I'm sure they was a YouTube video years ago ....

To find logos go to.
www.ootpmods.com

Click on logos. Tons here to download. My favorite is MLB Logos 1900 to Present. As far as instructions I don't have any but I'll try to do step by step.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:49 PM   #9
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Cheers mate - tried this a few years ago without any success
Old 04-24-2014, 01:00 AM   #10
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

If we can get some info from the OOTP team on how to add stadium images to iOOTP 14, I'd be more than happy to share my stadium images with the community here.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:36 AM   #11
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

I have a solid current set that I used on iOTTP13.... a user here did them.
(Since its now 2014 a few images may need updating)

There are two sets of the same images. One set for iPAD one set for iPHONE. Both worked and looked great!

This is where they were placed:

Using iFunBox -

User Applications
iOOTP13
Documents
*Place in documents folder*

Now this was for 2013...I tired 2014 and they aren't showing up... I am guessing due to the larger screen, meaning they need to be resized. If I recall correctly, if these images are not sized exactly they will not show up in game. Just checked 2013 and they are still working for me, so this must be the issue.
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:37 AM   #12
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

I can help with logos too, on where to place them. There located differently then the stadiums.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:08 AM   #13
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
I can help with logos too, on where to place them. There located differently then the stadiums.

Can you elaborate?
Old 04-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #14
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillupi View Post
Can you elaborate?
You first download iFunbox, that seems to work like a charm! Close out of iOOTP on your device (double click the home button and actually close out it out!)

After you download iFunbox on the left you will see:

- The name of your iPhone/iPad
- App File Sharing
- General Storage
- Camera
- iBooks
- Voice Memos
- Raw File system

You want to click on app file sharing, then on the right you will see the apps in which you have app file sharing... for me its

- CamViewer
- iOOTP 2013
- iOOTP 2014
- Kindle
- Notability
... Etc.

So then double click on iOOTP 14 (or 13/12 if thats what you are playing, it will work the same, I have both versions).

Then you will see:

- config
- help
- saved_games
- tables_iphone

So you double click on saved_games then within that file you will see

- Game 1.lg
- Game 2.lg
- Game 3.lg etc. etc. etc... depending on how many save files you have... I only have one so for my case I will double click on Game 1.lg. Next you will see a bunch of files that are .dat files and then some folders. The folder you want to click on next is news. Then you get the following...

-html
- txt

You want to double click on html which almost brings you to where you need to be... You will then see:

- box_scores
- coaches
- game_logs
- history
- images
- leagues
- players
- reports
- scripts
- styles.bak
- styles.css
- teams
- temp

You want to double click on the images folder. Within there you will see the generic team names... this is where you place all of your image files. I use .png file extensions, you must make sure the images are the correct size... 150x150. In order for them to show up, you also need to name them correctly... so if you are using real MLB location and team names in your iOOTP save then they need to be named as follows:

atlanta_braves
baltimore_orioles
boston_red_sox
toronto_blue_jays
washington_nationals

then all you have to do is close out of iFunbox, disconnect your iPhone/iPad open up iOOTP14(13/12) and load your saved game file you applied to them and they will be there!

*Rember this has to be done per saved game.. If you have fictional teams or want to use different logos just make sure the naming convention matches. Example lets say you named a team the Mississippi Mud Gators then you can find and online image you want just make sure it's scaled to the correct 150x150 and you would have the image saved as mississippi_mud_gators.*

hope this helps for anyone with a non jailbroken device that still needed help adding logos. If any mod's would like to copy this post or move it to a more appropriate spot for more users to see thats fine as well!

Enjoy!
Old 04-24-2014, 11:47 AM   #15
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
You first download iFunbox, that seems to work like a charm! Close out of iOOTP on your device (double click the home button and actually close out it out!)

After you download iFunbox on the left you will see:

- The name of your iPhone/iPad

- App File Sharing

- General Storage

- Camera

- iBooks

- Voice Memos

- Raw File system

You want to click on app file sharing, then on the right you will see the apps in which you have app file sharing... for me its

- CamViewer

- iOOTP 2013

- iOOTP 2014

- Kindle

- Notability

... Etc.

So then double click on iOOTP 14 (or 13/12 if thats what you are playing, it will work the same, I have both versions).

Then you will see:

- config

- help

- saved_games

- tables_iphone

So you double click on saved_games then within that file you will see

- Game 1.lg

- Game 2.lg

- Game 3.lg etc. etc. etc... depending on how many save files you have... I only have one so for my case I will double click on Game 1.lg. Next you will see a bunch of files that are .dat files and then some folders. The folder you want to click on next is news. Then you get the following...

-html

- txt

You want to double click on html which almost brings you to where you need to be... You will then see:

- box_scores

- coaches

- game_logs

- history

- images

- leagues

- players

- reports

- scripts

- styles.bak

- styles.css

- teams

- temp

You want to double click on the images folder. Within there you will see the generic team names... this is where you place all of your image files. I use .png file extensions, you must make sure the images are the correct size... 150x150. In order for them to show up, you also need to name them correctly... so if you are using real MLB location and team names in your iOOTP save then they need to be named as follows:

atlanta_braves

baltimore_orioles

boston_red_sox

toronto_blue_jays

washington_nationals

then all you have to do is close out of iFunbox, disconnect your iPhone/iPad open up iOOTP14(13/12) and load your saved game file you applied to them and they will be there!

*Rember this has to be done per saved game.. If you have fictional teams or want to use different logos just make sure the naming convention matches. Example lets say you named a team the Mississippi Mud Gators then you can find and online image you want just make sure it's scaled to the correct 150x150 and you would have the image saved as mississippi_mud_gators.*

hope this helps for anyone with a non jailbroken device that still needed help adding logos. If any mod's would like to copy this post or move it to a more appropriate spot for more users to see thats fine as well!

Enjoy!

This works great for the logos. I was looking for the ballpark locations in the program?
Old 04-24-2014, 12:05 PM   #16
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have a solid current set that I used on iOTTP13.... a user here did them.
(Since its now 2014 a few images may need updating)

There are two sets of the same images. One set for iPAD one set for iPHONE. Both worked and looked great!

This is where they were placed:

Using iFunBox -

User Applications
iOOTP14 (13/12)
Documents
*Place in documents folder*

Now this was for 2013...I tired 2014 and they aren't showing up... I am guessing due to the larger screen, meaning they need to be resized. If I recall correctly, if these images are not sized exactly they will not show up in game. Just checked 2013 and they are still working for me, so this must be the issue.
That's where they go; and they work in prior years to 14. The images I have are not the exact size since iOOTP is now using the larger iPhone 5 screen so they aren't showing up. If you have a correct image size they should work in the above location.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:18 AM   #17
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

Placing the stadium images in the 'Documents' folder does not work.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:12 AM   #18
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Since the iPad screen size did not change I downloaded iOOTP14 and added the images I used on 2013 and they didn't work. Used the same naming convention and placed them in the same spot as previous years and they didn't work. So not sure what's going on!