Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues > Earlier versions of OOTP: Commissioner's Corner
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Commissioner's Corner Want to run an online league? Want to learn about the 'ins' and 'outs' of being a commish? This is the place!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
jarmenia
Hall Of Famer

What's the best / fastest way to get league files and reports up?

Using the OOTP Function seems to take a very long time to upload reports and league files. I've got the reports being sent up as an archive. What else can I do to speed up the uploading? There doesn't seem to be much info in the manual regarding how to commish an online league.

Thanks,

John

jarmenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
john1974
Major Leagues

I zip mine into zip files then upload them to the server and extract them to the folders I want them to go.

much faster.
john1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmenia View Post
Using the OOTP Function seems to take a very long time to upload reports and league files. I've got the reports being sent up as an archive. What else can I do to speed up the uploading? There doesn't seem to be much info in the manual regarding how to commish an online league.

Thanks,

John

The FTP protocol works far more efficiently if you upload one large file rather than 8000 small files. So the most efficient way to upload files/reports is to:

1) Create your league file by hand by including the necessary files into an archive with the correct name. (Alternately if you do not feel comfortable with this step or do not know which files need to be included, or don't have a third party archiving tool available to you for this step, you can have the game create your archive for you.

2) Use a third party ftp client to upload the league file to your ftp server in the proper directory. (Alternately you can have OOTP do this, but OOTP is very inefficient currently in ftp uploads so you can gain a large amount of times FTPing it yourself)

3) Have OOTP create your league reports using the options settings to configure which reports you want to upload

For League reports --> If your server gives you the ability to extract archives on it, go to step 4a. If you do not have any tools on your server that allow you to extract files from an archive, go to step 4b.

4a) Manually add the reports to a reports archive file and upload it to the webserver. (You can have OOTP create an archive for you as well which does not take that much longer, but you still want to ftp up this archive yourself if you can).

---or---

4b) If you can't extract archives on the server then you'll have to upload the files one by one. The best approach is to manually ftp up all of the reports to the server using a third party FTP client. If you aren't sure what reports to send, there is a button that you can push to have OOTP copy them all to a folder on your computer and then you can upload that folder to the server instead. As a last resort, you can have OOTP do the upload for you, but I would recommend doing that before going to bed, as depending on the number of reports you send up, it could take several hours to complete.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:30 AM   #4
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
2) Use a third party ftp client to upload the league file to your ftp server in the proper directory. (Alternately you can have OOTP do this, but OOTP is very inefficient currently in ftp uploads so you can gain a large amount of times FTPing it yourself)
I've found that this is the biggest time saver. I use a third-party ftp client, and it uploads my league file about 5Χ faster than the OOTP9 in-game client.
FL New Orleans Black Sox ’56 ’57 ’58 ’59
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote