Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues > Earlier versions of OOTP: Commissioner's Corner

Earlier versions of OOTP: Commissioner's Corner Want to run an online league? Want to learn about the 'ins' and 'outs' of being a commish? This is the place!

Old 04-23-2009, 06:43 AM   #1
GXMarc
Minors (Single A)

Newbie-Help with Rules

Hello guys...

I have a question to you and i hope, anyone can help me here. (Sorry for my bad English so far)

Iīm from Germany and we are a group of 6 Friends waiting for the new OOTP X in May. Some of us have experience with Version 2007 of OOTP, the others donīt have any experience with the game. So we have the idea, to learn the game "together", to make an own little online-league with the 6 of us and the other Teams captured by the AI. Itīs just to learn the Depth of the game and because it is not simple to find a league for 6 Persons at once with the "right teams" open, you know?

The question is now, if anyone can give me a little Hint of an online League with good basic rules? I think many rules are important for a good gaming experience, but none of us knows which Rules are important and which one not. So maybe there is a league with some good rules to take as an example to discuss for us 6.??

Many would think we would just copy Rules and donīt have any work, but we try to understand the "Mechanics of the Game" and we need some kind of "Starting Help".

Anyone with a hint for me? Is here Anyone who plays in a good and "working league" who can show me the Rules there? (If you donīt want to be outed, just contact me through PM)

I searched in many threads here, but the overview in Online Leagues for me is very difficult to get, and for me itīs not possible to figure out if the Rules of an Online League are good or not. Maybe I can get a little help here?

If not or if the Mods think, that this thread is "not ok", then delete it please.

Many greets and a lot of thank for all help!!

Marc
Old 04-23-2009, 06:57 AM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

I don't think you'll find any online league rules that are "Not" good, just a lot of different ones. They all serve their respective purposes.

You will find a lot of differences, as most leagues will taylor their rules to the style/type of league. You'll find a lot of differences in the financial side of the house, things such as salary caps, how FA is handled, etc etc.

What it really boils down to is, What type of league do you want?

If none of you have been in an online league previously, I would reccomend joining one for a while and get the feel of how things run. This would help you in determining the things you like and the things you aren't so fussy about.

Other than that, if nothing else, take a look at various online leagues and read over their rules. Try and see how they apply to the league and if those are the types of things that interest you or not.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 04-23-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:18 AM   #3
GXMarc
Minors (Single A)

What type of league... yeah.. we are interested in an "original MLB" Set with 30 Teams, starting in 2009.

So maybe there is a league which uses real Rosters and an mostly actual set?

I tried to find an online league with this but found nothing until now... so maybe someone knows a league?
Old 04-24-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
snnort
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXMarc View Post
What type of league... yeah.. we are interested in an "original MLB" Set with 30 Teams, starting in 2009.

So maybe there is a league which uses real Rosters and an mostly actual set?

I tried to find an online league with this but found nothing until now... so maybe someone knows a league?
Feel free to brouse the rules of the BCBL:
BCBL League Constitution

We started with the CubbyFan23 roster set with 2009 rosters... but then let the AI dump all FA into an inaugural draft. So basically we are using the "standard" MLB league structure... but the players are all mixed up. We are full and have a waiting list @ this point... but if you are just looking for an example of a rules set in use with the MLB standard league structure... it's something to look at.

Last edited by snnort; 04-24-2009 at 02:18 PM.
snnort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
GXMarc
Minors (Single A)

Many thanks for the Link to you league-Rules