Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues > Earlier versions of OOTP: Commissioner's Corner

Earlier versions of OOTP: Commissioner's Corner Want to run an online league? Want to learn about the 'ins' and 'outs' of being a commish? This is the place!

Old 03-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
kq76
Global Moderator

Online League Exports Not Taking

We keep having a problem in the CBL of exports not taking. We've verified that exports are being made and they are being imported successfully, but sometimes (close to half the time?) they just don't take. Is there anything we can do or check or something somebody else can check?

Here's a thread on it, but the topic is not rare.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

I don't know if this is the answer, but periodically when I import owners' files it will hang on one or more of them, then report back "Error" and continue loading the other files. Whenever that happens, I have to browse to the team page of the affected owner(s) and manually "Import Team via FTP". Usually it takes two tries; the first one will time out with another "Error" message while the second one will take.
Corsairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
gollum65
All Star Reserve

I've found that sometimes if a GM makes multiple exports for the same sim, such as they save and export, then offer a contract and export again, that some of the transactions that were supposed to be done were not transmitted in the export. I've told my GMs to make 1000% sure they've completed all transactions before exporting.

But that doesn't sound like the problem you're having. It sounds to me like the affected GMs are somehow sending their exports to an incorrect folder. If your game tells you they haven't exported in a while, and they're saying they are exporting and the game is confirming their exports, then the file must be in the wrong place, or it's not overwriting the existing file (which would be a folder permissions issue). I'd have the affected GMs completely delete their league file from their saved games folder, download the latest league file and extract it. Hopefully that solves it for them.
gollum65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
kq76
Global Moderator

Thanks for the replies guys. Keep them coming.

I wish I could say it's not this or that, but only our commish can say. I can say that as a GM I have been double exporting, but I don't really see why that would be a problem. It overwrites exports of earlier sims so why wouldn't it overwrite the export of the same sim? Our exports are sometimes taking which is most puzzling.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #5
vwxy686
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (99)
Talking Nothing to see here

Nothing to see here folks. Just an idiot having a spam attack. He'll be Ok once his medicine kicks in.

Last edited by CommishJoe; 03-11-2009 at 11:52 AM.
vwxy686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:55 AM   #6
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwxy686 View Post
Sorry, but this spammer doesn't even deserve to be in a quote
Hey, head over to www.allsimbaseball.com so I can give you a present.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)

Last edited by CommishJoe; 03-11-2009 at 11:52 AM.
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #7
kq76
Global Moderator

Bump. Any other ideas? We tried re-installing the league and not multiple exporting. I also PM'd Markus, but with OOTP10 around the corner..