Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues > Earlier versions of OOTP: Commissioner's Corner

Earlier versions of OOTP: Commissioner's Corner Want to run an online league? Want to learn about the 'ins' and 'outs' of being a commish? This is the place!

Old 02-06-2009, 01:12 AM   #1
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

HTML Reports: Playoff Bracket for online league

Well sitting around with nothing much to do this week so I finally got around to making something for my online league that would prominently display our playoffs in a bracket. I decided to use only logos, for a cleaner look, and also decided to use the OOTP 9 styles.css so it would look more like part of the game generated reports. Once configured, it works nicely, allowing quick updates as games are played and rounds are completed with this simple interface...

Once you hit the "Submit Changes" button this is what it does: BNN Playoff Bracket

At the moment, I'm just making it so the team logos become slightly larger as the teams reach the later rounds. As champions, their logo will be largest and alone on the right.

For now, this is intended for my own league so configuring it to work for another league will take a little editing. If you have any interest, let me know and I'd be happy to share it.

Edit Feb 21 2009: It's now available with a ReadMe.doc that should explain how to use it well enough. If you have any questions, please post here and I'll reply here for future reference.

Download here: All Sim Baseball

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)

Last edited by f.montoya; 02-21-2009 at 05:26 AM.
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:51 AM   #2
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

How cool is that?! The PEBA would definitely be interested in your work, Fidel. We'll be hitting our playoffs at the end of the month and this would be a nice surprise for the group. Really sharply done on your part!
Corsairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:10 AM   #3
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairs View Post
How cool is that?! The PEBA would definitely be interested in your work, Fidel. We'll be hitting our playoffs at the end of the month and this would be a nice surprise for the group. Really sharply done on your part!
Hey John, no problem. Since your league is on my server I can configure it for you myself. If you could, gather all of your team logos and one logo for each league(i.e. American League, National League) as well as the logo for the main body(i.e. Major League Baseball) in .png format. Place them into a folder called "images2" in your /lgreports folder. I can get them from there.

Also, email me with the list of teams that belong in each league so I can make sure the dropdown menus show each league's respective teams.

Later, this little mod will reside alongside your news/html/index file so it will share it's styles.css so it looks the same as the rest of your reports pages.

www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
Old 02-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
jdettbarn
All Star Reserve

Fidel-

I'd like to try your add-on out too.

Let me know what you need!

My email is jason [dot] dettbarn [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks!!

NPBL Idaho Spuds GM
Former Federal Baseball League and JOBL Commish (2002 - 2011)
jdettbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #5
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdettbarn View Post
Fidel-

I'd like to try your add-on out too.

Let me know what you need!

My email is jason [dot] dettbarn [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks!!
Hey Jason, I should be finished with it this weekend. Then I'll just write a readme with hopefully clear instructions and upload it to AllSimBaseball.com by Sunday evening.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:53 AM   #6
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

A little later than I expected but I was able to get another function into it. Now, after you upload and unzip your reports, this has the ability to add "Playoff Bracket" links onto the game generated reports so it appears as part of the league reports.

It's now available with a ReadMe.doc that should explain how to use it well enough. If you have any questions, please post here and I'll reply here for future reference.

Download here: All Sim Baseball

Old 02-21-2009, 05:27 AM   #7
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Updated the first post now that it's done.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #8
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Neat project, thanks for sharing it!
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #9
TheReedReview
Bat Boy

Need quick help!!!! Please contact at matt.reed@thereedreview.com
TheReedReview is offline   Reply With Quote