Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-24-2019, 09:20 AM   #81
Snider&Hodges
Minors (Single A)

Managed to get my first gold achievement in the last game that simmed yesterday it appears, which ironically got started because their Nelson Cruz lined out to my Nelson Cruz.
Attached Images
Old 09-24-2019, 03:57 PM   #82
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

a couple of 1sts for me

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 01:48 AM   #83
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Today a Personal best 13-game winning streak with a 3 game stretch in there allowing a total of 7 hits in 27 innings. Picked up only 1.5 games on the 1st place Bobcats, though.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:29 AM   #84
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Late yesterday the Mustangs won a game 25 - 5. What struck he as interesting is that they did so on the strength of 25 hits and 16 walks. Peak Biggio led the way with 4 walks by himself. I don't recall seeing this many walks in a game before. Though the points payday was more than plenty, I was a little surprised and disappointed that there were no walk related achievements.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 03:36 PM   #85
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I finally did it

I had been looking at my linescores in my better offensive games & noticed that I always had a scoreless inning in there, even in a game where I put up 25 runs. Today, I finally scored at least 1 run in every inning. I made 3 errors but I did win the game. And I didn't realize it was a 3,000 PP achievement called balanced offense.
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2019, 04:32 AM   #86
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

A first for me in entry pool, Aparicio has already earned 900 PP, what an investment he's been

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 03:08 AM   #87
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Today's nothing too special highlight

I liked the wording on the top "Santana masters Alburquerque..."
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2019, 03:10 AM   #88
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Achievements

My favorite achievements from the almost first half of the year...no gold
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2019, 03:41 PM   #89
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Oh no!

Officially last night in PT...Josh Hamilton won this one on like the first swing in the bottom of the 9th after I trotted a 7-2 lead into the bottom of the 6th AND the starting pitcher got the first 2 outs of that inning... (Followed by hit, error...4 runs, and eventually an 8-8 tie & Hamilton's 9th inning homer)
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2019, 03:05 AM   #90
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

My 79-83 Mustangs beat down the App State Mountaineers, the 1st Wildcard team in D359's AC, by a score of 27 to 4. 17 of those runs came in the 1st inning, which is a 4000 point achievement called Blowout Inning (and while achieving this, we also scored another gold achievement, the 3000 point Contact Inning which was for 12 hits in the 1st).

After Live Charlie Morton faced 7 batters, all of whom would go on to score, Live McCullers and Live Bieber each gave up 5 earned runs while recording only 1 out apiece. Live Strasburg then finally found a way to end the 1st Inning.

This type of game is precisely why I invest so heavily in offense in general and high eye ratings more specifically. The more pitches I can make the opposing staff throw, the more likely it is to see them completely melt down.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:07 PM   #91
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Looking back, I see that Early Wynn pitched a no-hitter for the Forest City Tribe this season.

Belated congratulations to the grizzled ol' SOB...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:15 PM   #92
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I thought of adding him to the roster. His name is good for a pitcher...Early "Win" Wynn. lol

Old 10-07-2019, 04:51 PM   #93
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I got a rare achievement today, "Bat a Bonds". Only 250 PP, but still rare. My Baby Ruth had 5 PA with no AB, drawing 4 walks and getting hit by a pitch.
Attached Images
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:58 PM   #94
Argonaut
All Star Starter

So my team did something cool which I'm going to call the "Denny's" achievement. 3 grand slams in one game. Apparently it's only happened once in MLB history, the Yankees did it in 2011.

Of course, I only got a measly 60 PP for it (20 each for a grand slam). Something that cool and rare should be worth more points. Heck, a grand slam should be worth more points.
Attached Images
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:23 PM   #95
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
I got a rare achievement today, "Bat a Bonds". Only 250 PP, but still rare. My Baby Ruth had 5 PA with no AB, drawing 4 walks and getting hit by a pitch.
Didn't know about that "Bat a Bonds" but I like it!

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 10-08-2019, 05:32 AM   #96
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Afraid of pitching to the man.

Old 10-08-2019, 09:12 AM   #97
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So my team did something cool which I'm going to call the "Denny's" achievement. 3 grand slams in one game. Apparently it's only happened once in MLB history, the Yankees did it in 2011.

Of course, I only got a measly 60 PP for it (20 each for a grand slam). Something that cool and rare should be worth more points. Heck, a grand slam should be worth more points.
I agree it would be a lot better if very rare somewhat quirky achievements like this were the gold ones paying out 3000 PP

Like does someone really need another 3K on top of all the other rewards from 30-2 win over a team pitching position players?
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #98
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I agree it would be a lot better if very rare somewhat quirky achievements like this were the gold ones paying out 3000 PP

Like does someone really need another 3K on top of all the other rewards from 30-2 win over a team pitching position players?
Yeah, I thought maybe the reward would be based on the rarity of it occurring if not in RL, then in PT. They'd have to adjust it from time-to-time either way, but the cycle is pretty low, which are about as rare as no-hitters (400) and as of now I believe a perfect game is worth the same as a no-hitter (1,000)? Or maybe it was increased to 5,000? Maybe 25+-run games vs. real pitchers & vs. position players could be differentiated from the other.

The rewards themselves/"achievements" are rather quirky...most of them for me are like "I did what?" rather than the kinds of baseball achievements I'm familiar with. But that's just me, too.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 10-08-2019 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:15 AM   #99
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

On May 12, Kirk Gibson scored 3,240 PP by himself.

He went 4-for-4 with 2 doubles, 2 homers, 2 walks, 4 ribbies and scored 6 runs. He's already batter of the month in April and I fully expect, given his numbers, him to be BOTM in May as well.

Forget the 30/30 season, my man's going for 40/40 this time around...

SPTT team

Last edited by BigRed75; 10-22-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:10 PM   #100
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

April 16 2048 - Special Edition

This game was kind of unique in a (thus far) really, really weird season.

It features a couple of things – The New Orleans Penguins playing the Cumberland Penguins.

Neither team is off to a particularly good season start, as you can see.

Fifteen total pitchers in this game, including the first major-league W decision for my center fielder, Martin Dihigo!

More