Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:49 AM   #161
bailey
Hall Of Famer

The end was foretold by the lengthy simulation when one team has 3 wins in the finals--and it wasn't me. After over 10 minutes of "simulation" there is no suspense, the team with 3 wins, wins #4.

The lesson to be learned is that 4 starters in the regular season works--Ann Arbor beat me for the division title. And the Bad Boys proved a 3-man starting rotation works in the playoffs. Tired or not, they rolled through 3 100+ win teams with just 5 losses.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 01:13 AM   #162
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons won their 2nd straight!!

A few awards too:
MVP: Keefe
Pitcher of the Year: Keefe (pitching triple crown)
Reliever of the Year: Seaver
Great Bats: Keeler and Robinson
Great Gloves: Maddox and Keefe

Appling's (WS MVP) post-season stats (not just the WS):
.453 AVG, 1.201 OPS
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 08-19-2019 at 01:23 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:23 AM   #163
camonroe
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
The Raccoons won their 2nd straight!!

A few awards too:
MVP: Keefe
Pitcher of the Year: Keefe (pitching triple crown)
Reliever of the Year: Seaver
Great Bats: Keeler and Robinson
Great Gloves: Maddox and Keefe

Appling's (WS MVP) post-season stats (not just the WS):
.453 AVG, 1.201 OPS
Congratulations
Old 08-19-2019, 02:27 AM   #164
camonroe
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Made it to the World Series beating two incredible teams. Only to be swept by the wild card.
Wow.
I left Saturday for a 2 weeks vacations, and now I found that my team on autopilot breezed to a perfect title with only 1 loss in the playoffs. It does say something about my managing skills
Old 08-19-2019, 02:27 AM   #165
Magus978
All Star Starter

One title out of 3 playoff teams isn't bad I guess...but the night just became a huge success because I just pulled "Wee Willie" Keeler for the Patriots.

Good lord that contact rating...I'm salivating to see him in action from tomorrow. Can we say..."Patriot 4 Life"?

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:29 AM   #166
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
As a fellow Cubs fan myself, I might do a theme Cubs team in PT 3.0. I can't deal with managing more than 1 team at a time. lol

I suppose Cap Anson playing 1B would look nice at some point? It's a $150 card though.

Who knows, maybe Brailyn Marquez gets a nice fat Future Legend card in PT 3.0. You can assemble a pretty good staff from Mordecai Brown, Pete Alexander, Greg Maddux, Rick Reuschel, Jake Arrieta, Mark Prior, Fergie Jenkins. Bullpen could have Sutter and Lee Smith in it.

Do you limit yourself to only cards that are Cubs versions of the player? Or could you have Indians Kenny Lofton, Braves Greg Maddux, Cardinals Lou Brock etc?
Definitely a limit for me on this team, so no Cap Anson is likely, nor Three-Finger Brown, or the perfect Lee Smith.

Rotation is set for next year with Prior, Jenkins, Arrieta, Hippo Vaughn and Maddux. Great staff, but a bunch of ground ballers, so my defense will be severely tested.

So far I'm limiting it to players whose cards are on the Cubs, it was a debate with the wife this evening, because I wanted to bend it a bit for either Kenny Lofton or Andre Dawson in CF, but she convinced me to leave it alone for right now.

For an Iron League team this year (Arrieta, Prior, Hippo and Maddux were not part of the team or the rotation this year, they arrived late in the year.) they over matched the league, Ron Santo walked away with the MVP, and we cruised thru the playoff's with an 11-0 record. Way better than the rest of the league, so it was a little unfair, looking at the quality of them, I think they will settle in Gold/Diamond, and that'll be a blast. Really had more fun doing this than my PL league team.
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:43 AM   #167
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

The Express.....

After putting them all in the pen to make sure I got thru Exeter, I knew I'd put myself in a precarious spot heading into the ACS, and I ended up putting myself into a hole I couldn't dig out of, dropping the series 4-1 to the eventual WS Champion Virginia Beach Freaks. It felt great juggling like crazy to get past Exeter, but I just left myself with no ace up my sleeve, and no moves to make and too many players were cold.

Tye Cobb won the MVP award, and it was a closer race with the Cobb on Exeter. He hit .323/27/104, but scored 149 runs, stole 86 bases, had an OBP of .423 and 7.3 WAR, all of which led the league. Best season I've had from anyone, and he did it while being a butcher in LF, he'll be making a move to DH next year as a result.

Great season, looking forward to making some tweaks for next year, and hoping that my pitching holds steady all season long, While I have invested in contact hitters the past few years, I've seen my average go up, home runs go down, and more or less ignoring my bullpen until the home stretch, watched team ERA go from 2.89 to 3.59. See you in 2040! Congrats to everyone on your wins! (And for me, I seriously hope I get away from Exeter!)
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:45 AM   #168
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
One title out of 3 playoff teams isn't bad I guess...but the night just became a huge success because I just pulled "Wee Willie" Keeler for the Patriots.

Good lord that contact rating...I'm salivating to see him in action from tomorrow. Can we say..."Patriot 4 Life"?

Congratulations! Great card!! Perfect for the DH and decent enough for LF. Remember the DH gets a 5% penalty to his contact rating (according to the developers) so someone with a high contact rating will still hit well there. My Keeler has only played as DH and has a career .333 AVG (10 perfect seasons) and 144 OPS+, but that's in a hitters park, so the hitters park negates the DH penalty so he should be able to hit like that in LF in a neutral park.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:58 AM   #169
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

All my teams have now won a Perfect League title, with Perugia winning this week and joining the others.
It’s somewhat baffling how my best team (Doha) has been completely outperformed by the other 2.

moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 04:13 AM   #170
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Despite me moaning about my pitching all season long my starting pitching and bullpen were the reason i won a championship. going to a 3 man rotation gave me more fresh arms in the bullpen, and I've realised how big a part fatigue probably played in the regular season so i'm dropping a backup utility player for next season and moving to a bigger pen on the Bulldogs

We allowed 6 HR in 13 games in postseason, went 7-0 in 1 run games in postseason, held the opponent to under 2 runs in 9 games out of 13

For the final game the AI decided my starters were toast so used Paul Derringer with an opener and he pitched a near perfect 7 innings but the best performance was a Jose Rijo 3 hit Maddux

Last edited by Marleigh; 08-19-2019 at 04:22 AM.
Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 04:32 AM   #171
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Well...when I said I wasn't going to worry about it I didn't mean sleep through it & make no adjustments for the playoffs at all.
But that's what happened.

Ended up losing the DS to a team I beat 5 out of 7 times in the regular season...THAT team (DC Senators) ended up beating the best team (The Quips) in the league 4 times in a row in the World Series after losing game 1.

Next time maybe if I don't worry about it but get a coffee at least.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:38 AM   #172
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
My Campanella based on 777 perfect league games has a 162 game average of .282/.341/.480. 26 HR and throws out 25% of base stealers. Let's see how that rookie Adley does for 6x the price.

Magpies enter the final regular season series against the Space Cadets 1 game behind and 2 down in the lost column. BOTH teams enter riding a 10 game winning streak, so to clinch the division I have to win these 3 and the 15 more following it to win by 1 game.
Apparently, nobody even TRIED to run against Campanella in real life. He threw out over 50% of runners and has very low total steals against him every season of his RL career.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 08-19-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:44 AM   #173
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Campanella Catching SB/CS 1948-1957

I looked up his career SB/CS
Attached Images