Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 12:20 PM   #81
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

just an FYI.... if you aren't familiar with the license agreement/ToS, here's how you find it while logged into PT:

Main > OOTP Settings > Troubleshooting > Show License information

everyone (myself included) has a habit of just checking off "I agree" to the vast majority of ToS agreements without reading any of it (or at best, skimming it).... so take a moment and read through it if you haven't
Old 07-21-2019, 12:49 PM   #82
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpatrick View Post
Sorry, I think I must not have made my point clear. What I meant is that how people spend their money is their business, and theirs only. The issue here is that he cheated, and rather blatantly at that, but when you call out the amount he has spent on the game like there´s something wrong with it, you are also insulting others here who play the game on the up and up and do so while supporting the game financially, some of them very generously.
Is that the point you wished to make, that there is something inherently wrong in someone paying large sums of money for digital entertainment when you find the practice wasteful?
Not inherently wrong at all. I’m actually rather envious of people’s ability to do so. Envious and incredulous.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:02 PM   #83
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack View Post
Not inherently wrong at all. I’m actually rather envious of people’s ability to do so. Envious and incredulous.
An admirable combination.

Old 07-21-2019, 04:10 PM   #84
Stick50
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
LOL, $200 will get you in Perfect, but likely bounce you back and forth between there and Diamond.

Cherish your Diamond wins!
I will take that as a compliment as i have done decent in Perfect (90-95 wins a year), no where close to demotion. However I cant make it past 11am on Sunday. Each playoff appearance is quickly met with a loss.

All the more reason I think there needs to be even more levels. Think of poker... I would never enter a poker tournament with $200 while the guy a cross the table has $5,000.
Attached Images
Old 07-21-2019, 04:45 PM   #85
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick50 View Post
I will take that as a compliment as i have done decent in Perfect (90-95 wins a year), no where close to demotion. However I cant make it past 11am on Sunday. Each playoff appearance is quickly met with a loss.

All the more reason I think there needs to be even more levels. Think of poker... I would never enter a poker tournament with $200 while the guy a cross the table has $5,000.
This is going pretty far off topic, but I just wanted to join in to say that clearly $$$ helps teams win in this game. But, equating $$$ spent with some sort of hard cap isn't accurate. There have been completely free F2P and nearly F2P teams that win at the highest levels. In fact, I really enjoy the challenge of doing that. Most of the time, you need a significant amount of luck, but the playoffs are helpful at randomizing things a bit more than a 162-game schedule. On the other hand, I imagine there are plenty of teams that have spent loads of money and haven't been able to win a title yet.

Problem with more levels is then whatever the new higher level becomes, then people will be gnashing their teeth about not being able to win in that level. More rungs on the ladder still gets you to the same place eventually.

Old 07-21-2019, 04:59 PM   #86
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
This is going pretty far off topic, but I just wanted to join in to say that clearly $$$ helps teams win in this game. But, equating $$$ spent with some sort of hard cap isn't accurate. There have been completely free F2P and nearly F2P teams that win at the highest levels. In fact, I really enjoy the challenge of doing that. Most of the time, you need a significant amount of luck, but the playoffs are helpful at randomizing things a bit more than a 162-game schedule. On the other hand, I imagine there are plenty of teams that have spent loads of money and haven't been able to win a title yet.

Problem with more levels is then whatever the new higher level becomes, then people will be gnashing their teeth about not being able to win in that level. More rungs on the ladder still gets you to the same place eventually.

I've fallen in love with the Champions League idea.

All perfect team winners go to a Champions league for the following season. The Champions league relegates everyone but the world series winner.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:07 PM   #87
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I've fallen in love with the Champions League idea.

All perfect team winners go to a Champions league for the following season. The Champions league relegates everyone but the world series winner.
Yes, not a bad idea. But in that scenario you're relegating about the same number of high quality teams back into perfect as you are sucking up from perfect. This would be a good added challenge for the strongest teams that want to unlock another level of competition, but it wouldn't help Joe Schmoe Gnashing His Teeth About How Perfect Level Is Too Hard guy much.

Old 07-21-2019, 07:08 PM   #88
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Sure it would. The biggest "I might as well give up" moment for those teams is when your perfect division is dominated by some 130 win whale and you had zero chance of doing anything that season. A champions league takes away the 30 or so of the very best teams out. When the teams that are beating you look like something you can achieve over time then you are going to keep playing (and maybe buy some points to catch up), but when you are losing to a 1.5M point starting rotation there's no real point in continuing.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:12 PM   #89
Arobbins
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
I am not nor have I ever been employed by OOTP Dev but I thank you for your donation to them. Maybe next time you won't try and cheat. Have a great day.
/thread

Old 07-21-2019, 08:10 PM   #90
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Who funneled 500k PP to one of their other accounts for 94 Jose Fernandez?
Attached Images
Old 07-21-2019, 09:52 PM   #91
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Sure it would. The biggest "I might as well give up" moment for those teams is when your perfect division is dominated by some 130 win whale and you had zero chance of doing anything that season. A champions league takes away the 30 or so of the very best teams out. When the teams that are beating you look like something you can achieve over time then you are going to keep playing (and maybe buy some points to catch up), but when you are losing to a 1.5M point starting rotation there's no real point in continuing.
The playoffs don't always reward the biggest whale with the title, though. And there's often several whales per league, so there'll still be plenty of whales around to discourage others even with a champion's league.

You are correct that it would thin it out a little bit though. But, wouldn't change the core issue, which is some people believe you should be able to compete with whomever, whenever, no matter your level of spending. And some of these people are unhappy unless they're winning it all.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:58 PM   #92
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3tch View Post
I was insta-banned without warning. I have spent north of $5,000 on the game between 3 teams (about 95% on one team). I was moving cards from one account to the next as I was building up my other teams. Cards that I had purchased legitimately. This allegedly broke an unspoken ToS that was not in my download and never was.

I have submitted a ticket to engage with the devs to see what options there are. But, in the meantime, be careful out there. I think bans without warning are severe in a game where you input money ("pay to win") with no way to extract that money out of the game.

If I can be banned instantly after "investing" all of that money into OOTP - I would recommend reconsidering buying any more PP, as the rules are vague and not evenly enforced - especially in light of banning permanently and without warning.

I did not know you can have the ability to transfer cards between accounts? He must have separate licenses on 2 computers and instantly sold now at a minimum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-21-2019, 11:59 PM   #93
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
The playoffs don't always reward the biggest whale with the title, though. And there's often several whales per league, so there'll still be plenty of whales around to discourage others even with a champion's league.
Just missed beating a 130 win whale with my 95 win team. Faced a 120 win team in wildcard and beat them then won 2nd and 3rd game against 130 win team but couldn’t close the door. Fun while it lasted and certainly no animosity over facing 120 and 130 win teams.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:02 AM   #94
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I did not know you can have the ability to transfer cards between accounts? He must have separate licenses on 2 computers and instantly sold now at a minimum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t need 2 computers, just separate licenses.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:01 AM   #95
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
can't let someone get away with breaking the rules just cause they spent a lot of money. That only happens in real-life.
Ha

Old 07-22-2019, 02:42 AM   #96
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

More questionable auction'ing...
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2019, 04:38 AM   #97
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

There was a One Hit Wonder Card of the Dark Knight for 4k and I missed it??

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Closed Thread