Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 10-29-2015, 08:59 PM   #1
Dreamsicle
Bat Boy

Some Questions

Hi there, decided to get this game after seeing seeing some dynasties and I have some questions.

1) If I import 1871 league settings for my fictional league, will they advance similarly to a historical game? I'm starting my league in 1871 so that's why I'm doing that. I know strategy can evolve, but what about finances and player creation modifiers?

2)Similarly if they do change, can I lock the player creation modifiers? I want them at 2015 levels while finances and strategy evolve.

3)What exactly makes a good lineup? Right now I'm thinking of placing my best contact hitters at the top while putting power batters in the middle but does it get more advanced than that or is my approach completely wrong?

Last edited by Dreamsicle; 10-29-2015 at 10:05 PM.
Dreamsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:57 AM   #2
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

1) Yes, finances will evolve.
2) That's a good question, you'll have to ask someone more experienced with historicals.
3) With 1871 PCMs, it makes more sense to avoid power entirely and focus on contact and eye. With 2015 PCMs, your best three contact hitters should be 1/2/4 and your best power hitter should be 3. In both cases, the pitcher bats ninth, of course.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote