Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:41 PM   #1
michael92
Minors (Single A)

import historical players

i know this has been asked in past years and i had no problems in ootp15 but in 16 i just cant get it to work can any one help a guy using a pc import lets say ruth from 1927 to toronto 2014
i know i need to the folder with "stats " but i ant find it when i'm inside the game when im out side the game i can see if via my documents and then i see the file historical_data base.obd. and when im out side the game it looks like a unreadable file as do a few others like historical line ups but they all work when the game runs i just don't understand why they don't show up like they use to for me in the 2015 game for importaing its the same laptop

i would add the screen shot but for some reson this chat window wont let me do a paste
michael92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:03 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael92 View Post
i know this has been asked in past years and i had no problems in ootp15 but in 16 i just cant get it to work can any one help a guy using a pc import lets say ruth from 1927 to toronto 2014
i know i need to the folder with "stats " but i ant find it when i'm inside the game when im out side the game i can see if via my documents and then i see the file historical_data base.obd. and when im out side the game it looks like a unreadable file as do a few others like historical line ups but they all work when the game runs i just don't understand why they don't show up like they use to for me in the 2015 game for importaing its the same laptop

i would add the screen shot but for some reson this chat window wont let me do a paste
Commish mode if need be
Import historical player
Navigate your way to the OOTP 16 stats folder in My Documents
Select historical database odb
ruthba01 1927
import.
Sign him to Toronto manually unless there is new way to send him to Toronto that i have not seen yet.
It took me a minute to find my stats folder the 1st time i imported historical players in a league on 16. Since then it comes up right away.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:00 AM   #3
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Commish mode if need be
Import historical player
Navigate your way to the OOTP 16 stats folder in My Documents
Select historical database odb
ruthba01 1927
import.
Sign him to Toronto manually unless there is new way to send him to Toronto that i have not seen yet.
It took me a minute to find my stats folder the 1st time i imported historical players in a league on 16. Since then it comes up right away.
Correct format.
ruthba01,1927
You need the comma not a space
In ootp 16 you can import players directly to any team if you add the team id to the end.
Format is: lahmanid,year,teamid (team ids can be found on the Edit League Structure page).

Last edited by Bigrod; 03-28-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:47 PM   #4
michael92
Minors (Single A)

historical import

i undrstand i need to go to douments but it does not show up when im inside the game i see it if i go to my doucments from my c drive out side the game but i cant do that when i up or next button do i have to unpack something or unzip something?

i see data click on next its fonts i dont see a way to get o my doucments
Old 03-26-2015, 05:55 PM   #5
michael92
Minors (Single A)

15 to 16

ok so i looked at ootp15 and see its using the database
c;usersmichael/documents/out of the park developments/ootpbaseball15

but... in ootp 16

its in c:/program flies(x86)out of the park developments/ootpbaseball16/defaultdata

so do i need to renistall this or is there a way to move it
Old 03-26-2015, 07:14 PM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Correct format.
ruthba1,1927
You need the comma not a space
In ootp 16 you can import players directly to any team if you add the team id to the end.
Format is: lahmanid,year,teamid (team ids can be found on the Edit League Structure page).
What happened to the zero? We are no longer following the baseball ref ID? i imported a dozen or so players the old way without a problem.
Attached Images

"Stay Strong"

Old 03-26-2015, 07:16 PM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael92 View Post
ok so i looked at ootp15 and see its using the database
c;usersmichael/documents/out of the park developments/ootpbaseball15

but... in ootp 16

its in c:/program flies(x86)out of the park developments/ootpbaseball16/defaultdata

so do i need to renistall this or is there a way to move it
Mine is in My Documents folder, the Program files part does not show, for me, the OOTP 16 stats folder.
C:\Users\Todd\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 16\stats

"Stay Strong"

Old 03-26-2015, 07:30 PM   #8
michael92
Minors (Single A)

and i'm guessing your on a PC "gamer" should I reinstall this i have tried to use the facebook page for help but they say there mack users and to check with the board here hummmm.

thats the really odd thing to me that im using the same lap top with ootp15 and have no problem. ugh any toronto users that can help me I or is there a remote way to help me. as you can can Im so good with this pc stuff

Last edited by michael92; 03-26-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:05 PM   #9
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
What happened to the zero? We are no longer following the baseball ref ID? i imported a dozen or so players the old way without a problem.
What happened to the zero is misprint and didn't catch it. It's still used.
You can use the bbrefid, it's usually the same as the lahmanid, but sometimes not, so you run the risk of a failed import. That's why I stress using the lahman and not bbref.

Last edited by Bigrod; 03-28-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:11 PM   #10
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

I'm having problems importing a historical player (Honus Wagner) without including his historical real stats. I'm trying to import him into a 1904 draft pool. I select import historical players from the available actions pull down menu within the draft pool, select the masters.csv file, then the historical player import options window pops up. I type in the historical id of Honus Wagner, which is wagneho01, then input the season, 1905. I have the following option turned off (deselected): keep selected season statistics in players career stats. I have import into draft pool checked or turned on. Base current ratings is on real stats, base potential ratings is on remaining years of career. I have version 16.9.39 for the Mac, which should be the latest version. I read there was a bug with previous versions but that it has since been cleared. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong here? Also, I see you erase all the player stats from your league but is there a way to delete the stats of one player?

Thanks for any responses.
congokurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:14 PM   #11
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

I figured out a workaround to my importing historical player w/out the stats problem. After importing Honus Wagner I then clone him. I then delete the imported Honus Wagner. The cloned Honus Wagner doesn't have his real historical stats
congokurtz is offline   Reply With Quote