Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-22-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
Sir_Epic_Nerd
Bat Boy

GM and Manage?

I am very new to OOTP Baseball. I have heard about it before and when I saw it this weekend on the Steam Sale I decided to grab it. I am a huge baseball fan I felt like this will be for me because when I play a Baseball Game on the Xbox I normally spend most of my time doing GM type stuff, trades, signing, org movements etc.

I have to say it seems a bit overwhelming so far but I am just starting so I am sure it gets easier. Love the concept and what I have seen in Tutorial vids etc. So my question is this:

I started a game to be GM and Manager. What do most OOTP players do? Both GM and Manage. Part of me thinks maybe I should just GM and let the games play out to the decisions I make in the Front Office and part of me likes the management of the game. So I am a little torn and was just curios how others feel about it and play the game.

Looking forward to digging into this game.

Sir Epic Nerd
Sir_Epic_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #2
dunningrb
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Epic_Nerd View Post
Looking forward to digging into this game.
Sir Epic Nerd
Welcome to your new addiction. The game has such a huge variety of ways to play it is difficult to define a typical approach. I usually play as manager and GM, with fictional players but real MLB teams and historical development (franchise shifts, etc.), no financials, reserve rosters instead of minor leagues, ratings displayed on a 1-5 scale, and so on through all the other options that I'm sure people will talk about in this thread.

Probably the best thing to do is gather ideas from everyone and start trying out things until you find the particular mode of play that you really enjoy.

Good luck!

Last edited by dunningrb; 06-23-2015 at 05:59 PM.
dunningrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:08 PM   #3
Sir_Epic_Nerd
Bat Boy

Thanks for the input Rodney!

I figured there are a Million Ways to Play this game. I have a feeling this will be my new Addiction. I was thinking about it as I went to bed last night and I havent even played one Reg Season Game yet lol....
Old 06-22-2015, 04:01 PM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've always played GM+Manager.. but this year I am playing GM only and went for a team in the AL (Cleveland) instead of my Cardinals.

It's been a blast so far! I've fired/hired most of my staff and have a manager who's done great for us thus far.

Allows me to sim day by day and keep my eyes open for players who might develop into ML players.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:41 PM   #5
Sir_Epic_Nerd
Bat Boy

Mizzou -

Sounds fun.. Now the question I have is.. can you fire a Manager and Hire yourself? i.e. Miami....
Old 06-22-2015, 05:17 PM   #6
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Epic_Nerd View Post
Mizzou -

Sounds fun.. Now the question I have is.. can you fire a Manager and Hire yourself? i.e. Miami....
No.. you would be better off to choose GM+Manager if you want to do both.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:54 PM   #7
Sir_Epic_Nerd
Bat Boy

I guess I could always do GM+Manage and delegate to the Bench Coach... once that goes south just take over...
Old 06-22-2015, 06:16 PM   #8
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yes you can!
Old 06-22-2015, 06:40 PM   #9
TomVeal
All Star Starter

New players should, I think, choose GM+Manager, since that will give you the best idea of how the game works. Starting as GM-only can be frustrating, since your control over your team may be very limited. (That varies depending upon your manager.) Starting as manager-only leaves out roster management, which is OOTP's strongest suit.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote