Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #1
Elektranaut
Major Leagues

Hit by Pitch not once,not twice,not thrice,not...etc

So I'm in a tight game versus the Privateers,up 1-0 top of the 9th,my star reliever Randy Dunn replaced my knackered ace starter in the 8th and because I have a dodgy closer I decide to keep him in...before you can say "this one's in the books" Randy has got 2 Fly-Outs and 2 strikes on the last man...

Name:  HBP 1.JPG
Views: 495
Size:  72.2 KB

Rod Wood then joins in the attack...

Name:  HBP 2.JPG
Views: 462
Size:  74.5 KB

just 1 HBP..a feeble response in my opinion

Name:  HP 3.JPG
Views: 461
Size:  188.4 KB

as you can see Randy has averaged roughly 1 HBP a year over 12 seasons.
Elektranaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:40 AM   #2
TLB1975
Major Leagues

Frustrating as all hell!
TLB1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:26 PM   #3
diesel230
All Star Reserve

I have Adam Warren on the Yankees who's hit 33 batters in 62 innings. The last 3 versions of OOTP he's been beaning batters at an alarming level. He's been suspended three times this year (currently 4 games) for hitting batters after home runs leading to brawls.
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:46 PM   #4
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

I know, if that had been my guy, I would not be here now. Aneurysm - dead.

But... How about three wild pitches in one at-bat? I have no screens of this, but I then posted this special ... whatever in my dynasty thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
One for eternity. NWSN's (Northwest Sports Net) Cubby Hairston with the call of a particular graveyard shift game in late September.

Welcome back at Raccoons Ballpark, we have a new pitcher in the game, Juan Diaz finishing his warm-ups trying to favorably dissolve this jam the Furballs have gotten themselves into. Cipriano Miranda allowed four hits through seven innings of shutout ball, but things have run sour in this top half of the eighth inning. Two hits, an error by Daniel Sharp, then a single by Dave Carroll off Manuel Martinez, and now the game is tied at two, with two men on, and one out.

Diaz has walked 34 batters in 35.2 innings this season. He is not what the Raccoons were looking for from the left side in their bullpen. The Bayhawks have Tom Walls on second, and Dave Carroll on first.

Luke Black, who pinch-hits for Alfredo Marquez to negate Diaz’ left-handedness, steps in. He is a .220 batter this season, a far cry from earlier success.

Here comes the first pitch. And that’s past Julio Mata! The runners move up, as Mata goes to retrieve that ball!

Boy, oh boy, did the Raccoons look for something else from Diaz at this point!

And Lance Cox in the home dugout does not look happy at all.

One and nothing to Luke Black. Diaz winds up, and that one is low – but catches the corner and it is called a strike. One and one to Luke Black, who takes a hack before stepping back in.

The game is tied at two, one out in the top of the eighth, with two men in scoring position for the Bayhawks, and Juan Diaz pitching to Luke Black.

Diaz shakes off Mata, once, twice. Now he gets set. –

It bounces off the plate, and past a befuddled Mata! Here comes Tom Walls, and no throw from Mata, and the Bayhawks take the lead!

Dreadful silence at the park on this cold Wednesday night. Just when everything seemed to get right for the Raccoons in this game. Both Henry Selph and Cipriano Miranda gave up only two hits through six innings, and then the Raccoons took a 2-0 lead in the bottom of the seventh on a terrible error by Dave Carroll, yet now things are already reversed.

And in that dugout, Miranda can’t believe it either.

Two and one to Luke Black, as the pitching coach is out there to check after Diaz’ condition. The Raccoons had nobody in their bullpen and just now Scott Wade has gone up and started tossing.

The pitching coach has bought some time. Lance Cox stares bleakly into the night. His mind seems to be what Scott Wade can do keep this from escalating.

Diaz gets set. Two wild pitches in the at-bat, and two and one the count to Luke Black. Three-two Bayhawks with another runner on third base and one out. Here it comes – (voice cracks) and it goes COMPLETELY PAST MATA!! Mata scampers after it, Carroll comes home easily, and the Bayhawks hold a 2-run lead!

(silence but for the boos)

I have never seen anything like this. Three wild pitches in one at-bat. This is the low point. You can not get any worse, for there can not be any more runners on base during any given at-bat.

The three-one pitch is in the dirt, and Luke Black walks, and here comes the pitching coach. And Lance Cox, and he looks terribly unhappy.

And somebody just tossed a hot dog onto the field! The Raccoons are actively alienating their own fans once again tonight!
The Furballs actually won this one in extra innings.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:48 PM   #5
BMD
All Star Reserve

You should try to sell the movie rights to the box score. I can see it making one heck of a movie. Maybe even Major Leagie III. (I do not recognize Major League: Back to the Minors as part of the franchise)
BMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 05:57 PM   #6
Gator
Minors (Double A)

I've seen this kind of thing as well and IMO there would be a warning given to both benches after the second HBP and without doubt after the third HBP in a row and ejections after the fourth HBP. This is a weakness in the game programing, that should be improved. I'm not sure how HBP's are determined, probably a random number generator of some sort, but when they stack up there would be consequences in RL which the game fails to recognize.
Baseball will take our people out-of-doors, fill them with oxygen, give them a larger physical stoicism. Tend to relieve us from being a nervous, dyspeptic set, Repair these losses, and be a blessing to us.
Walt Whitman
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:11 AM   #7
Elektranaut
Major Leagues

So its the same season,a few games later,bottom of the 9th,I'm one run up and I decide to actually play my closer.....

Name:  HBP 4.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  77.0 KB
Old 06-22-2015, 07:04 AM   #8
Kronos
Major Leagues

That many HBP would lead to a riot.
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:00 AM   #9
Elektranaut
Major Leagues

..or.in my case the laptop nearly gets thrown out the window..