Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-19-2015, 11:14 AM   #1
Gai1997
Major Leagues

Player Development Budget

If I set mine to like 1k. (1,000, not joking!) will it be any different than spending 10m? I hate this development budget, doesn't seem to be a real definitive answer if it helps or not and it's annoying I really need the extra money too, so putting at 10m just because is not an option. If it really is important than I will just bite the bullet and spend the money.

Thanks!
Gai1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #2
IsaacR
Major Leagues

It definitely does help. I've had it at $25 million and my top prospects all made great strides, and some scrubs even became decent mid-level prospects at a higher rate than with $10 million. I can't speak to dropping it to $1,000 (and the $25 million I used I had to lower after only one season thanks to a stupid owner cutting my budget) but I would not suggest it.

Edit: the strides made by my prospects during that one season were indeed permanent.
IsaacR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:33 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

yeah, it definitely helps. i don't know about how much it hurts with low budgets.

it's difficult to deiscern because of all the factors involved. coach, coach personality, player age, player personality, being in the right league etc etc etc...

obviously some have greater affect than others. player intelligence and work ethic paired with a high development budget develop very consistently. i would guess those factors are the most important ones. (right league, too)
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:27 PM   #4
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

The more you spend on player development the better your players will develop. Personally I don't spend any less then the league average and I tend to spend a fair chunk when I have the funds to go over that.
ra7c7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:18 AM   #5
Kent814
All Star Reserve

Tell me would you rathe have a yankees style approach by having to find $20+ FAs or a $20000000 developement budget and a bunch of cost controlled youngsters.
Kent814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 02:22 AM   #6
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Budgets help. Spend more on scouting = better international discoveries. Spend more on development = better development... lol.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:07 PM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent814 View Post
Tell me would you rathe have a yankees style approach by having to find $20+ FAs or a $20000000 developement budget and a bunch of cost controlled youngsters.
the real benefit of the big market teams is that you don't have to choose. you can spend max scouting and development and still maintain a very high player salary expense.

when your expected prospect replacement doesn't develop as you wanted, or he just isn't good enough, you can just resign that expensive free agent and trade the prospect or get value for him one way or another.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote