Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:17 PM   #841
joeyjojojrshabadoo
Minors (Double A)

Team Batter Register

I started a game in 2015 and the batter register only seems to update sporadically. Also, a number of players are left out of the register. The register cuts off at 1000 players which is fine but a number of top players are left out. For instance the Chicago Cubs register does not show Sammy Sosa, Ryne Sandberg, etc as leaders in hits or HR. This has been the case for several versions now.
Attached Images

Last edited by joeyjojojrshabadoo; 04-08-2015 at 01:19 PM.
joeyjojojrshabadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:34 PM   #842
Dr.K
Major Leagues

High School Ages Entering The Draft

Playing in Major Leagues 2017,

I have seen multiple draftees aged 20 - 23 entering the draft from High School. Seems a bit old to me as they are the same ages as the college kids entering the draft.

A bug perhaps?
Dr.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:48 PM   #843
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
so i started a new fictional league using a template of older league. I started in 1960 all the players are in their 40-60's i clear rosters and fill rosters with fictional players same issue all players ages are 45-60's.
My leagues age is for 17-45.

And the Draft pool only has one guy and top that his age hes in his 40's

And on the first picture it says I finished in 5th place when i have not even played one game in this league.

Attachment 392499

Attachment 392500
Let me ask this since the ages are messed up. Tried deleted every okayer and then filling the riser with new fictional players most are in their mid 40's is there way to d a mass manual age change for everyone?

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #844
PH2
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwlion View Post
This might be the wrong place for this on.

With player ratings:

On the player profile page, it might say Overall 45, Potential 65. This is from my Head Scout.

I go to the Scouting page for the same player and the ratings from my scout on that page might read Overall 35, Potential 60. Different numbers. Is that right?

I'll learn to post screens so I can show this.
I asked a similar question in the main discussion forum that no one answered. I'm routinely seeing 3 or 4 different sets of stars based on which profile page I'm looking at and which scout (OSA vs. Head Scout) I have it set on. I have no idea why either scout's ratings would be different based on which page I am looking at.
PH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:16 PM   #845
Ts-Rock
Major Leagues

Got an Error, had to force quit

So I was manually doing Post Season Awards and went to add a filter and added "wOBA" but did not add a value cause I wanted to change something but when I hit ok I got this error window and I couldn't do anything. After hitting ok it would just go to the next "error" pop up and neither would go away.
Attached Images
Image Image 

2010 114-48, World Series Champions
2011 109-53, 1st Rd Loss to N.F.
2012. 96-66, 1st Rd Loss to L.A.
2013 112-50, World Series Champions
2014 119-43, World Series Champions
2015 124-38, World Series Champions
2016 111-51, LCS Loss to L.A.
2017 110-52, World Series Champions
2018 101-61, 1st Rd Loss to Baffin Island
2019. 98-64, LCS Loss to Baffin Island
2020 103-59,
Ts-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:42 PM   #846
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Team Home Page
If you have 7 relievers, the team home page only shows 6. I think it's been that way since I can remember?

I know it's not a resolution thing as I'm at 1920x1200 on a 24" monitor. Anyway this can fixed via patch?
Is this going to make it into a patch?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:21 PM   #847
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Manager reputation decreases?

I had a manager listed with "great" reputation, who won the Manager of the Year award last season. Next season rolls around, and his reputation is now listed as "inexperienced."

Is there possibly a bug where manager repuation will decrease/fluctuate that rapidly in one season?

Also, he has 27 years experience!

Last edited by Habsfan18; 04-08-2015 at 03:24 PM.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:26 PM   #848
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Just went to the new patch and I can't open my saved game anymore! It says that the world.dat file is missing or corrupted.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:21 PM   #849
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I had a manager listed with "great" reputation, who won the Manager of the Year award last season. Next season rolls around, and his reputation is now listed as "inexperienced."

Is there possibly a bug where manager reputation will decrease/fluctuate that rapidly in one season?

There's no chance he was moved to a different coaching position, is there? I noticed that when moving, say, a good reputation pitching coach to bench coach, it jumps back to inexperienced (because it's a new job, I assume.) I'm not sure what would happen if he was moved to another position and then moved back. If it's a computer controlled team, is there any chance the AI might have changed his job and then changed it back or something (which would sound like a bug in its own right, but could be for a different reason.)
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:27 PM   #850
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthian23 View Post
There's no chance he was moved to a different coaching position, is there? I noticed that when moving, say, a good reputation pitching coach to bench coach, it jumps back to inexperienced (because it's a new job, I assume.) I'm not sure what would happen if he was moved to another position and then moved back. If it's a computer controlled team, is there any chance the AI might have changed his job and then changed it back or something (which would sound like a bug in its own right, but could be for a different reason.)
He wasn't moved to a different position. He's always been listed as manager and has stayed at that position. And I'm controlling the team.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:43 PM   #851
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

As a follow up to this post:

Is there possibly a bug where manager repuation will decrease/fluctuate that rapidly in one season?

I have uploaded the league files. It is named hf18ootp16.lg

The manager in question is Moe Hill of the human-controlled Toronto Blue Jays.

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2015, 05:58 PM   #852
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
This might extend to regular games too. I have not checked.

Prince Fielder was chosen player of the game in a losing effort to the national league. The remaining highlighted players were on the winning team but the game shows that they were part of a losing effort.

I see the same thing happening - except it doesn't matter if there is an AL player listed - all four NL guys shown as losing to the NL in a game which they won.

Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:02 PM   #853
bruinb77
Bat Boy

Minor cosmetic bug - The team logo for the Baltimore Orioles in 1882 is missing (i.e. white only). This appears to be only the logo on the team selection and the standing. Player portraits have a logo on the hat. I also did the "run full check for logos..." when loading. This is in Version 16.3 Build 16 (It was also missing in the previous build). Screenshot attached.
Attached Images
bruinb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:36 PM   #854
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whytev View Post
I opened my newly purchased 16, selected the import from 15 option, and it opens to the correct folder but there is nothing to click on; just an empty box. Can screen cap if necessary.
It should open to the OOTP 15 saved games folder from there select your league and select the World.dat file. Rename the import to what it was or something new and import.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:56 PM   #855
T_dogg22
Bat Boy

Player requested to be traded, and when I attempt to trade him this message comes up. He is not a free agent, is not in any other pending trades, and does not have a no-trade clause in his contract.
T_dogg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:58 PM   #856
T_dogg22
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_dogg22 View Post
Player requested to be traded, and when I attempt to trade him this message comes up. He is not a free agent, is not in any other pending trades, and does not have a no-trade clause in his contract.
I clearly don't know how to post pictures. The message says "The player could not be added to the trade! Maybe he is already included in this trade or one that has been submitted. Also, the maximum number of players in a trade is 5 per team.
T_dogg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:50 PM   #857
DB930
Major Leagues

My beard settings keep changing all on their own. The "No beard %" stays the same, but the ratios of the different styles are doing weird things. Either they all simultaneously change to 73, or a couple that I have set to 0 (Van Dyke and Pete Moss) suddenly jump up to 500...
DB930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:59 PM   #858
monkeystyxx
Minors (Triple A)

Anyone else on the Steam version having an issue with the Steam overlay randomly appearing, and then crashing?

All four times it's happened it's been in the league creation wizard. It's not happening with any other Steam games, and I definitely (super-double-definitely) haven't opened it myself accidentally. In fact, when I tried (Shift+Tab) it doesn't work.

The overlay just randomly pops up - I should point out that I AM typing when it happens each time, but my fingers are nowhere near Tab (though I think I'm hitting shift when it happens, at least the last two times, to get a capital letter), and then freezes (can't click on anything or get rid of the overlay, and the clock in the top left of the overlay isn't moving).

Really frustrating, as I've tried to set up this league 4 times now. The only way to fix it is to end OOTP via task manager.

This doesn't happen in other Steam games (even Football Manager 2015) and the overlay works fine in other games when I open it myself.

Really weird... As I said, I'm definitely not hitting Shift+Tab, and even when I do that intentionally it doesn't work! No idea what's going on.

Edit: I finally got the league created by typing with one finger, using the mouse instead of tabbing, and using Caps Lock. So it would appear it is a button combination issue, but like I said, I can't make it open the overlay legitimately, so it's still kind of a bug that it sometimes opens it and crashes the game.

Edit2: It just happened again during gameplay (editing an owner, so again I was typing). I set up my keyboard to change the LED colour if I press Tab or Shift, so I can confirm 100% I was pressing shift but had not pressed tab at the time it happened. I was typing "Stein", so... one of those! But I still can't recreate it intentionally.

Edit3: Happened again, was definitely pressing Ctrl+B this time, which does nothing at all normally, so I've got no idea what's up with it.

Last edited by monkeystyxx; 04-08-2015 at 10:07 PM.
monkeystyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:01 PM   #859
norva13x
Major Leagues

My game has "All-Star Voting" in the drop down menu in red, like it's an active event, all year long though it still functions normally (voting still at right time of year). Cosmetic but annoying. Just noticed after updating the newest patch (on a mac).
norva13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:31 PM   #860
lwlion
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ok, let's try this. Two shots.

The first one is the profile page. Notice the ratings by my scout, 32 overall, 42 potential.

Name:  Ratings 1.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  194.6 KB

The second shot is of the same player's scouting report. Notice in the past reports section, the latest being this day June 1. It's 21 current, 29 potential.

Name:  Ratings 2.PNG
Views: 342
Size:  505.2 KB

Bug? Or is this something I'm not reading properly.
lwlion is offline   Reply With Quote