Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:25 AM   #821
Harper Wallbanger
Bat Boy

Started up a new standard season in the lastest version of OOTP 2016, and the first year player draft didn't generate any stats for the HS/College players. In the second season, any players that were unsigned from the first year had accumulated stats in the ensuing year, but the newly generated players again had no stats.
Harper Wallbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:12 AM   #822
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

Bug with owner goals? My owner set the (not so easy) goal of having a Cy Young winner on my staff. Lo and behold, my ace wins the Cy Young... and it still says "No Progress" weeks later??
EDIT - Sorry for the enormous jpeg?? I tried sizing down 50% and it's still huge -- sorry --
EDIT2 -- Also, just realized -- My team *did* not only have a winning record, it won the division *and* advanced to the World Series -- and those 2 goals are also not listed as complete -- ?
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by sandman2575; 04-07-2015 at 09:15 AM.
sandman2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:42 AM   #823
gregsdad1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cubs vs Cubs in Wilcard game

This is definitely a bug i came upon in an offline game

Name:  2015-04-07 09_36_52-Clipboard.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  297.7 KB
gregsdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:05 AM   #824
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel230 View Post
Second issue was after the Gustave problem, i noticed that in my league the date in the far right corner was 2 days ahead of the date under "game". I started two new leagues and the 2 day issue happened in both leagues. Did the Gustave problem somehow corrupt something in my files?
Not a bug, you're reading the interface incorrectly. Normally the current date is the second of the four days on the top bar, but it can be moved with the onscreen arrow buttons.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:19 PM   #825
Mau
Bat Boy

I setup the manager option for sign new players but the IA is signing as their will when I sim between two or more days.

Printscreen w/ error: http://i.imgur.com/IWv8xnj.png
Printscreen w manager options: http://i.imgur.com/0fewClE.png

My files are in your FTP as "Mau.lg.7z"

I already open a support ticket with the number #12191

Thks
Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:07 PM   #826
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsdad1 View Post
This is definitely a bug i came upon in an offline game

Attachment 393195
You should probably upload your league file, as per instructions in the OP.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:15 PM   #827
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
so i started a new fictional league using a template of older league. I started in 1960 all the players are in their 40-60's i clear rosters and fill rosters with fictional players same issue all players ages are 45-60's.
My leagues age is for 17-45.

And the Draft pool only has one guy and top that his age hes in his 40's

And on the first picture it says I finished in 5th place when i have not even played one game in this league.

Attachment 392499

Attachment 392500
This still continued even with the Patch. I don't know how to continue the league with everyone's ages all
Messed up

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:32 PM   #828
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Somehow the Cubs & White Sox got switched in a 2014 historical league. i thought it was odd that the White Sox had a Abbreviation of CHN so i changed it noty payiong attention til i saw the ST schedule was against all NL teams. Can not switch teams so this league was just a waste of a day.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:30 AM   #829
majesty95
All Star Starter

I added four new teams in the offseason (CHW, MPS, DTW and PHP). I did this only a few days after the offseason started. I got to spring training and did the preseason prediction and noticed four teams (BAL, CHW, CHC, STL) were all predicted to go 0-0. Looking at the scheduling grid they did not get put onto the schedule. Yet they were not the four teams added during the offseason. They did, however, get added to the spring schedule.

I know you are supposed to regenerate the schedule after adding teams (although I think you guys should make it so the game auto detetcs that when you get to spring). However, the fact that it wasn't the specific four teams that I added and that they all made it on the spring schedule makes me think something is wrong...

majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:26 AM   #830
whytev
Bat Boy

Can't import from OOTP15

I opened my newly purchased 16, selected the import from 15 option, and it opens to the correct folder but there is nothing to click on; just an empty box. Can screen cap if necessary.
whytev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:13 AM   #831
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mau View Post
I setup the manager option for sign new players but the IA is signing as their will when I sim between two or more days.

Printscreen w/ error: http://i.imgur.com/IWv8xnj.png
Printscreen w manager options: http://i.imgur.com/0fewClE.png

My files are in your FTP as "Mau.lg.7z"

I already open a support ticket with the number #12191

Thks
You have the "Do Not Disturb" button checked. If you read the text next to that, you can see that the AI will sign free agents if you have that option selected.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:16 AM   #832
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95 View Post
I added four new teams in the offseason (CHW, MPS, DTW and PHP). I did this only a few days after the offseason started. I got to spring training and did the preseason prediction and noticed four teams (BAL, CHW, CHC, STL) were all predicted to go 0-0. Looking at the scheduling grid they did not get put onto the schedule. Yet they were not the four teams added during the offseason. They did, however, get added to the spring schedule.

I know you are supposed to regenerate the schedule after adding teams (although I think you guys should make it so the game auto detetcs that when you get to spring). However, the fact that it wasn't the specific four teams that I added and that they all made it on the spring schedule makes me think something is wrong...
You're supposed to regenerate the schedule We have warnings for that. For Spring Training, I believe we will generate those games on the fly, but for the regular schedule, it will by default re-use the schedule from last year, but mix up the teams each season. So when you add new teams, they may get picked to play games, while another team gets unlucky and is left out.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:17 AM   #833
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwlion View Post
One other thing I just noticed as well.

I changed the offer on some of the players in arbitration to lower amounts that were originally offered and then clicked change.

I think the players signed to a contract that was the original offer.

For example, a player was originally offered $7,200,000 and I change it to $6,000,000 and click change.

The player signed before going to arbitration and the amount he signed for was $7,200,000.

Now please take this post with a grain of salt. I'm going on memory here because I did not write down what my new offer was. (Although $7,200,000 would be a strange amount for me to put in as a new offer)

I'll pay more attention to this aspect of the game next time I get to that point in the year and report back what I did exactly and what happened next. (Of course it will work perfectly next time making me look like an idiot, LOL)
If you joined the team in the off-season, it's likely that the previous AI has already submitted contract offers to the players. When signing with a new team, you may have to "clean up" offers from the previous GM.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:01 AM   #834
TreeRol
Bat Boy

After a few weeks with the game (although not with the newest patch), I've noted the following:

1. When prospect lists are generated annually, a prospect changing leagues keeps his prospect ranking from the old league. I signed a FA to a Major League team who had been the #5 prospect in an Independent league. He was listed as being the 5th-best in the Majors. I had to change to continual updates to fix this.

2. About once per offseason, I will get an e-mail that some player I've never heard of has agreed to a contract with my team. When I look at that player, I notice that he's received some multi-million dollar contract with my team. But he never actually joins my team (which is good, because he's not a good player).

3. In the free agent personnel list, the person's reputation does not necessarily match the type of ratings I've asked for. Twice in a row now I've hired a Manager with a reputation of Excellent or Outstanding, only to have him join my team and be Inexperienced or Unknown. (Edit: My guess is that reputation was earned in a different role; for example, Ben Cherington decided to become a Manager in 2018, and was listed with an "Outstanding" reputation. I hired him for one of my rookie league teams, and his reputation changed to something in the red, I can't remember. I'd much prefer to see a coach's reputation as a coach, when trying to hire as a coach.)

4. My Assistant GM is terrible at taking care of minor league promotions/demotions. If he were just picking incorrect leagues for players, that would be one thing. But I have 3 rookie ball teams, and toward the end of last season my sim got interrupted because one of them only had 8 players. The other two each had 30. I've noticed in the past that my Assistant GM will also assign like 25 pitchers and 5 hitters to one team, with the opposite on another team. He can't mechanically handle the job.

If any of these have been reported, or fixed by the patch, I apologize.

Last edited by TreeRol; 04-08-2015 at 12:19 PM.
TreeRol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:06 AM   #835
lwlion
Minors (Rookie Ball)

That's the problem I'm reporting Matt.

I joined the team in the offseason and went right to the Arbitration screen to see who was eligible and what was offered.

I changed the numbers on a few and withdrew some others that I didn't want to sign. I'm letting hit FA.

Two or three days later I get personal messages about signings.

Every player signed new contracts for the original amounts including the players I withdrew the offers from.

So, I did try to clean it up. It just didn't seem to take.

Thanks.
lwlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:11 AM   #836
lwlion
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This might be the wrong place for this on.

With player ratings:

On the player profile page, it might say Overall 45, Potential 65. This is from my Head Scout.

I go to the Scouting page for the same player and the ratings from my scout on that page might read Overall 35, Potential 60. Different numbers. Is that right?

I'll learn to post screens so I can show this.
lwlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:29 AM   #837
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

It appears all-star ballots aren't being cleared into the next season. If you submit a ballot one year, the next year comes and those players are still on your ballot. You have to swipe them individually to clear them.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:12 AM   #838
tc66tc
Minors (Single A)

Game Sounds and Text to Speech

I found a bug in the Game Sounds + Text to Speech setting. When I minimize the game and leave it running the text to speech keeps going like I would expect it to but the "game sounds" sounds no longer play.

EDIT: Actually it isnt just when the window is minimized but also if you click off to another window.

Last edited by tc66tc; 04-08-2015 at 10:49 AM.
tc66tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:37 AM   #839
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwlion View Post
That's the problem I'm reporting Matt.

I joined the team in the offseason and went right to the Arbitration screen to see who was eligible and what was offered.

I changed the numbers on a few and withdrew some others that I didn't want to sign. I'm letting hit FA.

Two or three days later I get personal messages about signings.

Every player signed new contracts for the original amounts including the players I withdrew the offers from.

So, I did try to clean it up. It just didn't seem to take.

Thanks.
I'm guessing the previous GM had some pending contract offers for those players. So if you truly don't want them, you would have had to go to your pending offers screen and actually withdraw the offer. Otherwise, they are liable to sign for the offer that the previous GM handed out.

And if you want them, but not at that price, then you can withdraw the contract offer and take your chance through arbitration.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:47 AM   #840
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
It appears all-star ballots aren't being cleared into the next season. If you submit a ballot one year, the next year comes and those players are still on your ballot. You have to swipe them individually to clear them.
If you don't exit the game between seasons, yes, this can happen. I prefer to think of this as a "feature" saving you time if you want to vote for the same players