Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:13 AM   #741
monkeystyxx
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
We grab our text from a larger pool, so it's most likely a cosmetic issue. Were they international amateur free agents, or just regular free agents?
International Amateur Free Agents.
monkeystyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:27 AM   #742
lwlion
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks again Matt. Now I know the manager screen is fine.

The problem monkey is having is the same one I am.

What I plan to do when I get to that point in the season is look at the profile of the first one on the list without offering him any deal and then see if he is the only one that responds with e-mails similar to what monkey described in his first post.

I'll let you know what happens.

Regards
lwlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:31 AM   #743
Prior81
Major Leagues

I just entered second season (2016) in a mlb quickstart league. None of the rookie leagues & short A leagues have a 2016 schedule. I am three games into the 2016 mlb season, AAA/AA/A all have 2016 schedules & have begun to play games. I know the rookie & short A are supposed to start later, will they just reset on their own once I hit May 2016? Or did something likely happen to cause their 2016 schedules to not be generated? They still show their 2015 win-loss records.
Sorry if not the correct place for this question.
Prior81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:45 AM   #744
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Cosmetic issue
Attached Images
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:36 PM   #745
ike121212
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
We do have mechanisms in place to create more if there aren't enough. In our tests we have not seen problems with this. Are there guys in the free agent pool who aren't getting signed by teams?
Something strange is going on here. After the last season, there were 3 scouts available and 8 teams in need. On opening day, the were 0 scouts available and all teams had scouts. I changed the search filter to check on the available FA's for other roles, when I got back to scouts, there were then 26. It seems like it's a filtering bug.
ike121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:57 PM   #746
dscards
Bat Boy

Playing on a Mac. Played through my first season in Standard Mode and had no troubles. Went through the off season. When I simmed to Spring Training of the second year, the game 'unexpectedly quit'. Now, whenever I try and load the game file, it loads to 70% and then the game shuts down again and I get a "OOTP Baseball 16 quit unexpectedly' message.

Screen shot attached.
Attached Images
dscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:14 PM   #747
CT-Sox-Fan
Minors (Double A)

Online league - ticket prices locked out

None of the GMs in my online league can edit their ticket prices. As commissioner, I can edit mine or anyone else's. Pictures follow. The first is one of the team GMs of his front office. The second is mine acting as commissioner.
Attached Images
Image Image 

MLBD- Toronto Blue Jays GM,
FCBL- Baltimore Orioles GM,
EIB- Texas Rangers GM
CT-Sox-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:55 PM   #748
CT-Sox-Fan
Minors (Double A)

Never mind. Found out that changed. Season tickets must be set by the end of winter meetings

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...et-prices.html

MLBD- Toronto Blue Jays GM,
FCBL- Baltimore Orioles GM,
EIB- Texas Rangers GM
CT-Sox-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #749
Another Mike D
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We need these OOTP 15 files.
Sorry, looks like it may have been a hard drive space issue.

Co-commissioner of United Baseball League
Another Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #750
LunchBox
Minors (Triple A)

Contracts

So I just imported an OOTP15 dynasty into OOTP16... here are my findings on the bloating of contracts.

C Reese McGuire - Been with my team for almost a decade in this dynasty, had wanted realistic top 10 catcher $ in all negotiations ($18,000,000/yr) in OOTP15... imported dynasty, now he wants $37,000,000/yr.

P Stephen Strasburg - Signed as a free agent about a decade ago also, at $27,000,000/yr for 7 or 8 years, at present wants a contract for $19,000,000/yr (a little low, but he is getting older and has had some injury problems)... import into OOTP16, now he wants $33,400,000/yr.

3B Rafael Devers - Got him around the same time as Stras and McGuire, wants $14,000,000/yr (well worth it, has been great in the field and has hit over .320 consistently)... import, wants $18,444,444/yr, not really an issue, I'd happily pay him that much.

P Adam Conley - Swing pitcher for a couple of years, then made a great showing as closer, and then proved to be a very effective starter. However, had injuries and bad seasons since in OOTP15, he wants $4,000,000/yr, a little pricey since he's blown out his elbow twice... import, and now he wants $7,000,000/yr, ok, I wont pay him that much but it's realistic.

In short, it seems the best players are all opting for free agency because nobody would give these extensions.

I understand some players are going to try free agency regardless of what their team offers as an extension IRL, but, as I said, it seems like all top players just want to see how much money they can get which is not realistic, especially on a consistent playoff contender or player who's been with the team his whole career.

So far, this is the only Major issue I've had with OOTP16.

With that being said, this is by far the best game y'all have ever put out, keep up the good work, I'll keep giving you my money ever february.

Edit: just checked top upcoming free agents in both OOTP15 and OOTP16 and they all seem want close to twice as much money in OOTP16.

Last edited by LunchBox; 04-02-2015 at 07:23 PM.
LunchBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #751
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Age are Way off

so i started a new fictional league using a template of older league. I started in 1960 all the players are in their 40-60's i clear rosters and fill rosters with fictional players same issue all players ages are 45-60's.
My leagues age is for 17-45.

And the Draft pool only has one guy and top that his age hes in his 40's

And on the first picture it says I finished in 5th place when i have not even played one game in this league.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  272.3 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  301.8 KB

Chargers= Despicable Traitors

Last edited by Padreman; 04-02-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:31 PM   #752
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

Trying to change the independent settings to get around the contract issue and no matter what settings are changed (contract length, minimum before FA, arbitration, even inaugural draft) the game still starts with set rosters at zero years contract.

ra7c7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:47 PM   #753
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

Is the backspace key still supposed to be used for going back to a previous screen? It's not working for me at all.
Imperialism32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:59 PM   #754
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

When creating a fictional league, whenever you add a team in any country, it automatically makes that country 5-star quality. Is this intentional? (Images linked rather than displayed so as to not make the page even longer)

1. Here's how it looks when I load my template: http://puu.sh/gZEsW/ac261944d2.jpg

2. Now I add a Double-A team in Switzerland: http://puu.sh/gZECF/09af422979.jpg

3. And Switzerland is now a 5-star nation: http://puu.sh/gZEEj/1142e33f2f.jpg

If I save my template, then start over making the league and load the template, it will include my team from Switzerland and properly list it as a 1-star nation. So there is a work-around but it's somewhat annoying.

Let me know if this isn't clear, thanks.
Imperialism32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:27 AM   #755
LordTC
Major Leagues

Achievements Bugs

Fully understand if this isn't a priority but the achievements are currently bugged in that the X or more achievements only trigger up to the range of the next achievement.

It would be nice if the 60-79 score, 80-99 score, etc. triggered as well. It's quite tricky to try and trigger these exactly for steam cards and other swag.

Similarly I won a massive blowout game in a no-hitter, but it only triggers the 20-0 shutout and not the 10-0 shutout or 15-0 shutout. It's really tricky to try and score an exact number.

I also had a player with more than 8 RBI's in a game but not exactly 8 which didn't trigger the RBI achievement.

I also didn't get the winning it all achievement when I won the world series, because I swept the series and got that achievement instead.
LordTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:50 AM   #756
jmolony3
Minors (Double A)

Face Gen Uniforms not updating

In season 2 i notice that several players on other teams Face Gen pictures have not updated to their new teams uniforms. This only appears to impact other teams. Also there doesn't seem to be a way to manually update the picture. See Mike Leake below with a Red's uniform but playing for the Orioles.
Attached Images
jmolony3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:31 AM   #757
majesty95
All Star Starter

The Minneapolis Millers won their division by 13 games. Then, in the post season, they decided not to use their two best pitchers. Although Groom was technically in the rotation, the team went with a 2-man rotation and skipped him. Lafitte, although he went 17-3, was also left out of the rotation. He was also removed from the rotation for the last two month of the season and only used as a spot starter and reliever. Overall, the pennant race and playoff logic for rotations seems to be lacking in judgement.

Last edited by majesty95; 04-03-2015 at 02:33 AM.
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:42 AM   #758
majesty95
All Star Starter

Even if you choose to disable an award in the settings, it still gives out the award and creates an event for it. It seems as though disabling the award would remove it...

Also, you can manually delete the award announcement, but you still have the option to vote on it even though disabled and deleted from announcements. I thought this was a cool feature as you can grow the awards you give realistically but it appears to be everything, all the time.

Last edited by majesty95; 04-03-2015 at 02:44 AM.
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:54 AM   #759
Hankyu Braves
All Star Reserve

Issue with league / association playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankyu Braves View Post
I ran into a problem. I'm guessing bug.

I have 2 custom leagues. One was added 14 years later in game time. Playoffs are disabled, the team with the highest number of wins at the end of the season wins the pennant.

When I create an association with these leagues and run an association playoff, the 2nd league's champion (ie the league I added to the fictional world) takes part in the association playoffs but does not appear in the history section of the league. There's a blank. (see attached screenshots)
And it's not counted as a league championship win in the team tab of the league section either or recorded in the players's history.

If I don't enable the association playoffs, everything's fine.

Baffling...
Allow me to respectfully bring this up once more. I don't think it was addressed by the devs.

permalink to the screenshots.

Last edited by Hankyu Braves; 04-03-2015 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Edited the quote
Hankyu Braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:59 AM   #760
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

Steam problem. When creating a league and editing team names the game mysteriously acts as if I hit shift tab and brings up the steam page. I can't click on anything and shift tab will not bring me back to the game.

This seems to only happen when editing names. I created a standard league with clicking and no edits on names just fine.

I think the game may be using tab to access the steam community instead of shift tab. When I tried again and clicked on each field instead of using tab to move fields it seems to have worked. Also when I tried shift tab in the main menu nothing happened. Doesn't explain why it freezes when it goes to the steam community though.

Last edited by Biggio509; 04-03-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote