Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-22-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
waltwa
All Star Reserve

Question on importing historical rookies

I am pretty sure 15 will allow us to import historical rookies from specific eras and that will be great.

I am killing time until 15 is released and here is what I tried to do.

I took the sf giants in 2012 with their actual roster. My intention was then to import actual historical rookies. I would then delete all rookies that played before 1946. However what happens is that I get fictional rookies and can't figure out how to get guys like Mantle, mays etc into the league as rookies.

I am wondering if in order to get those 1946+ rookies I have to start with a league consisting of random era players on my roster. Is the fact that I am starting with an actual SF 2012 roster not allowing me to generate random era rookies.

If there is a way to do what I want- let me know how.
waltwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltwa View Post
I am pretty sure 15 will allow us to import historical rookies from specific eras and that will be great.

I am killing time until 15 is released and here is what I tried to do.

I took the sf giants in 2012 with their actual roster. My intention was then to import actual historical rookies. I would then delete all rookies that played before 1946. However what happens is that I get fictional rookies and can't figure out how to get guys like Mantle, mays etc into the league as rookies.

I am wondering if in order to get those 1946+ rookies I have to start with a league consisting of random era players on my roster. Is the fact that I am starting with an actual SF 2012 roster not allowing me to generate random era rookies.

If there is a way to do what I want- let me know how.
If you create a list of 1946 rookies, or i mean a text file, then it won't be a problem. Are you selecting the historical database.odb?
1946 Major League Baseball New Debuts - Baseball-Reference.com
you can also out these guys directly into the draft pool if you want to.
a sample of what a text file looks like is attached.
You can do an advanced search for importing historical rookies and my screen name for screen shots. i have several posts on the subject. I don't have the game open right now.
Attached Files
File Type: txt EBL 2020.txt (112 Bytes, 47 views)
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:25 PM   #3
waltwa
All Star Reserve

I am actually looking to import rookies from 1876 - 2013. it would be a few from each year and then I would screen out those players who debuted before 1946. But I want to do it with either the 2012 or 2013 season with actual rosters from those years and then the rookies would be from different eras.
waltwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:43 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltwa View Post
I am actually looking to import rookies from 1876 - 2013. it would be a few from each year and then I would screen out those players who debuted before 1946. But I want to do it with either the 2012 or 2013 season with actual rosters from those years and then the rookies would be from different eras.
Yeah then just set it to import historical rookies & players from all eras. The 2nd won't work without the 1st. in 15 this will be a lot easier.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote