Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
webgem14
Bat Boy

Can you save your current game as a new game?

Instead of just saving and overwriting your current game, can you save your game as a new game therefore keeping the current game and creating a new one? Basically a "Save As."

I hope someone understands what I mean, because it's more difficult than I thought it would be to ask lol
webgem14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
elfsutton
All Star Reserve

I dont think you can through the game, but the way you would do it is to go into your saved game folder, copy the save game file you want, rename it and there you go. Not too difficult to do.
elfsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #3
webgem14
Bat Boy

That is a good idea, but I'm having a little trouble with it. I opened up the OOTP 14 folder. Went to the "default_data" folder. Found the "saved_game_files" but it won't open since it is a .tar

How exactly do I get to a particular game to copy and rename it?

Thanks for any help in advance
Old 06-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Don't look in the Program Files folder. Your data is stored in the My Documents folder. You are looking for a folder that has your league name with the extention .lg
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #5
webgem14
Bat Boy

Thank you both very much! I really appreciate it
Old 06-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by webgem14 View Post
Instead of just saving and overwriting your current game, can you save your game as a new game therefore keeping the current game and creating a new one? Basically a "Save As."

I hope someone understands what I mean, because it's more difficult than I thought it would be to ask lol
Save it as a template ro quickstart. Also when you back up up move the backed up files into a newly created .lg folder named whatever and you can start the league from that point. Thats how i just replayed my 2004 season after the 2005 rookies did not all import. I only used the DAT files vs the uniforms and such but since I have all my files in the proper folders they all loaded anyway. Every January after I change the MLB uniforms and edit the stats for my playersin my other leagues I save it as a quickstart, a template and i do a backup. Since my last issue I also make a backup before the end of the MLB world Series in case I need to make sure the rookies import. I also make a backup prior to expansion in my main league.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote