Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

View Poll Results: GMO Schedule or Game Generated: Which One is Better?
GMO 26 81.25%
Game 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2012, 02:28 AM   #1
The Game
Hall Of Famer

GMO or Game Generated Schedule: Which One Is Better?

I have been using GMO schedules for my leagues the last 2 versions, but am unsure if his schedules are better then a game generated one. My current GMO schedule has no day games so when I trade from a player from another league ie MLB it will not show the players day stats. I also can't view Overall stats, just night and manual post season awards show fielding stats from the season before.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:24 AM   #2
DCG12
All Star Starter

Location: Traveling through another dimension-not one of only sight and sound,but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundries are those of imagination.
GMO by far. Just generate an in game schedule and you will see. A lot of his schedules have a mix of day and night games but if the one you're using doesn't it takes less then 15 minutes to fix. I have done this several times. Just open the schedule editor in the game and change all weekend and holiday games to afternoon times and you then have day stats.

I will say the league I did this with was only 20 teams so a major league 30 team setup might take longer. Once it is done the game will use that schedule every year unless you change it and the day games will remain.
DCG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG12 View Post
GMO by far. Just generate an in game schedule and you will see. A lot of his schedules have a mix of day and night games but if the one you're using doesn't it takes less then 15 minutes to fix. I have done this several times. Just open the schedule editor in the game and change all weekend and holiday games to afternoon times and you then have day stats.

I will say the league I did this with was only 20 teams so a major league 30 team setup might take longer. Once it is done the game will use that schedule every year unless you change it and the day games will remain.
Have you had any problems viewing day, night or monthly stats?. it seemed when i traded for someone from the MLB Bo Sox it didn't display his day game stats. i need to test it some more. I had already started preseason for 2011 and will change the weekend and holiday to afternoon and see if it displays overall or day stats.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

editing game times is even easy outside of the game.

Any text editor (even notepad) can be used to open one of GMO's or the game generated schedules. Just change the game times you want to change and then save and re-import the schedule.
Jaxxvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxvain View Post

Any text editor (even notepad) can be used to open one of GMO's or the game generated schedules. Just change the game times you want to change and then save and re-import the schedule.
That has to be done during Preseason though, correct?
Old 07-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
That has to be done during Preseason though, correct?
You can edit the schedule in game I think.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:12 AM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
You can edit the schedule in game I think.
Yeah I can but to export, edit then import that has to be done in Preseason, I think. I know you can only import new schedules during Preseason.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #8
daves
Hall Of Famer

What is GMO? Is this something that needs downloaded??

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #9
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
What is GMO? Is this something that needs downloaded??
GMO is the schedule creator guru. Any type of schedule setup you can think of.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-use-ootp.html
Old 07-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #10
daves
Hall Of Famer

What about the Stickware schedule maker?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...reme-beta.html

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #11
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
What about the Stickware schedule maker?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...reme-beta.html
Never seen or used that before. i will save it in case GMO doesn't have 1 that I need.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:27 AM   #12
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

I was thinking of using one of the GMO schedules but I was wondering what the 2s/2D/3T part means next to each schedule. I was wondering is this relevant to the type it is.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:24 AM   #13
DCG12
All Star Starter

Location: Traveling through another dimension-not one of only sight and sound,but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundries are those of imagination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
I was thinking of using one of the GMO schedules but I was wondering what the 2s/2D/3T part means next to each schedule. I was wondering is this relevant to the type it is.
Yes it is relevant. It describes the league set-up, in your example it means 2 subleagues/2 divisions each league/3 teams in each division. Another example would be current MLB set-up would read 2S/3D/554565T
DCG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:44 AM   #14
termcl
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxvain View Post

How exactly does one go about that? I love GMO's schedules except for the fact they are set up as all night games. Changing more than a handful of games on the schedule editing page gets to be a real chore.
termcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #15
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by termcl View Post
How exactly does one go about that? I love GMO's schedules except for the fact they are set up as all night games. Changing more than a handful of games on the schedule editing page gets to be a real chore.
No pain, no gain. It takes about 10-15 minutes to change all Sunday games to day games, for example. If day 7 is a Sunday, change the time to 1300 for all days divisible by 7. I edited and posted a few schedules like this already.

I was wondering how many day games are typically scheduled for MLB teams. Besides, Sunday, Thursdays seem to have a lot of day games.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #16
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
No pain, no gain. It takes about 10-15 minutes to change all Sunday games to day games, for example. If day 7 is a Sunday, change the time to 1300 for all days divisible by 7. I edited and posted a few schedules like this already.

I was wondering how many day games are typically scheduled for MLB teams. Besides, Sunday, Thursdays seem to have a lot of day games.
Cubs play something like 50-60 day games when at home. Chicago has rules against them playing too many night games.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #17
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I love GMO's schedules!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #18
Afino
Hall Of Famer

I created my own. Took the in-game creation, opened it up in Notepad, and

- moved games around to create doubleheaders
- created more off days
- change holiday start times

With a 94-game schedule in my league, it wasn't all that difficult, especially if you've done it a couple of times.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #19
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Cubs play something like 50-60 day games when at home. Chicago has rules against them playing too many night games.
Cubs have always been weird like that. How many day games does the average non-Cub team play?

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #20
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Cubs have always been weird like that. How many day games does the average non-Cub team play?
Sox maybe 20. Cards about the same.