Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 03-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Smile 2013 the Majors will look like this...

OOTP 13 automatically handles the move of the Astros to the AL West, it will take place at the start of the 2013 preseason. A proper schedule will be imported & used too

Do you like the upcoming new alignment? I must say that I like it quite a bit, both leagues having an equal number of teams just feels right.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

I think it's a cool idea, obviously people who don't like interleague wont like it though lol.

Can I ask though, is this hard coded for OOTP13? Some people might not want it to happen.

Last edited by Cryomaniac; 03-29-2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: terrible grammar
Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
I think it's a cool idea, obviously though people who don't like interleague wont like it though lol.

Can I ask though, is this hard coded for OOTP13? Some people might not want it to happen.
You can disable it by turning the league evolution setting for team relocation off.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
You can disable it by turning the league evolution setting for team relocation off.
Makes sense, thanks for the reply.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
coffee87
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Are you able to turn league evolution off after 2013? I want this to go through, but after that, I want things to stay the same.

Thanks!
coffee87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Goodsox
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiemoyer50 View Post
Are you able to turn league evolution off after 2013? I want this to go through, but after that, I want things to stay the same.

Thanks!
Yes, it can be turned off after the changes for 2013.

Go White Sox!
Goodsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
Cinnamon J. Scudworth
All Star Starter

Does this mean that OOTP 13 can handle subleagues with odd numbers of teams in any kind of league? Or is this just the result of a custom schedule for the MLB template?
"Sometimes, this is like going to a grocery store. You’ve got a list until you get to the check-out stand. And then you start reading People magazine, and all this other [stuff] ends up in the basket."

-Sandy Alderson on the MLB offseason
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon J. Scudworth View Post
Does this mean that OOTP 13 can handle subleagues with odd numbers of teams in any kind of league? Or is this just the result of a custom schedule for the MLB template?
Custom schedule.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #9
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Thanks!
Well, I guess it won't matter if you turn it off or not since irl 2013 hasn't happened yet. Nobody knows what changes will come to baseball in the future so they obviously can't be programmed into the game. Leaving it on once you get past current day can't have any effect, right?
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #10
coffee87
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Well, I guess it won't matter if you turn it off or not since irl 2013 hasn't happened yet. Nobody knows what changes will come to baseball in the future so they obviously can't be programmed into the game. Leaving it on once you get past current day can't have any effect, right?
Just personal preference. I don't mind division realignment in my OOTP universe, but I prefer not to have teams change cities, ballparks, etc. Same reason I turn off drug-suspensions. In my OOTP world drugs don't exist - or are completely legal - however you want to look at it.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #11
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just personal preference. I don't mind division realignment in my OOTP universe, but I prefer not to have teams change cities, ballparks, etc. Same reason I turn off drug-suspensions. In my OOTP world drugs don't exist - or are completely legal - however you want to look at it.
I was refering to the setting in historical for following real baseball evolution, not the other one with the miriad of options.

Leaving the historical option enabled wouldn't make any difference.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #12
coffee87
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
I was refering to the setting in historical for following real baseball evolution, not the other one with the miriad of options.

Leaving the historical option enabled wouldn't make any difference.
Oh, I see what you are saying. Yeah, you're right, I guess it wouldn't make any difference.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #13
Mortimer
Minors (Double A)

I have been running this setup or something like it all through ootp11 even before the restructure was announced, and used schedule to alternate the inter league division a team plays ever year.

the only issues I had was if you make a 30 league team with 15 in each sub league the game comes up with an error saying there is an odd number of teams in the subleague so you had to make a league with 14 in one and 16 in the other like the mlb has now, start the game then move a team and recalculate the schedule.

Has this been fixed, since the games uses the structure in 2013? If not you may want to patch it in or something because ootp 14 definitely need it fixed.
Mortimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #14
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

As someone who's been an Astros fan for their entire 50 years, I hate the way it looks (don't love the move/hate the DH).

As an OOTP fan, I love the way it looks, along with all the other new features, updates and changes.
t-bone shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #15
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bone shuffle View Post
As someone who's been an Astros fan for their entire 50 years, I hate the way it looks (don't love the move/hate the DH).

As an OOTP fan, I love the way it looks, along with all the other new features, updates and changes.
Well, but maybe the move will lead to more attendance, which means more revenue, which can only help an organization that is in pretty miserable shape at the moment...
Old 03-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #16
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Well, but maybe the move will lead to more attendance, which means more revenue, which can only help an organization that is in pretty miserable shape at the moment...
I wish I shared your optimism. It's going to be a rough couple of years here talent wise and I'm afraid that this, along with the move, will lead to a very slow/depressing period of Astros baseball.

The only thing that affects attendance in this town is winning/talent and they don't look to have much of either in the near future.

And there's the fun of OOTP, see if you can do it sooner/quicker than the real guys. It's a challenge I promise.
t-bone shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #17
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I manually moved Houston last season in my sim (it's now 2019) and they spent some money and are tied for the lead atop a division that has seen the Angels win it the past 5 years.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #18
battists
Hall Of Famer

On the plus side, at least you got rid of Ed Wade. Which is bad for my Phils!!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #19
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

I think it looks sexy, like the stripper who actually wants to be there and really tries unlike the one who sits in the corner and smokes cigarettes while people wonder why she hasn't just started hooking.

And...

In one of the leagues I'm in we have a guy who successfully turned around the Astros in 3 years and made them a playoff team and perennial contender (which they still are) he gained more money and spent and made it happen. So Astros fans it is possible, just without Carlos Lee (ew)

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #20
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
On the plus side, at least you got rid of Ed Wade. Which is bad for my Phils!!
Ed Wade gets no credit for building the Phils? Utley, Howard, Thome, Hamels, Werth, Victorino, Madison...

While he made tons of mistakes, I blame the ownership for most of those, prior to Citizens Bank Park, when they started spending money and allowed the GMs to make moves.

And if Wade wasn't an asset when he was the Phillies GM, he most certainly was an asset to the PHILS when he was the Astros GM.
Jaxxvain is offline   Reply With Quote