Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:09 AM   #1
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Playoffs won't start?

I have 2 large 250 plus team leagues both whom have concluded the regular season(both were ported over from OOTP19) and one league played tie breaker games while the other league for days on end have no games scheduled.

The playoffs have begun in my one league while the other league has no games scheduled.

Is there a way to jump start the playoffs or does this mean no playoffs even though through out the regular season teams clinched playoff berths(including wildcards)?

Manually playing the playoffs might be a bit much because there were 70 playoff teams(with 58 receiving first round bye) in the original plan.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:54 AM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I would double-check that the second league doesn't think there should be tiebreaker games that somehow got deleted. If you are logged in as a commissioner, if you go to the schedule "tiebreakers" page you should be able to reset all the tiebreakers, which might let the game move forward if that was the issue.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 01:29 PM   #3
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I would double-check that the second league doesn't think there should be tiebreaker games that somehow got deleted. If you are logged in as a commissioner, if you go to the schedule "tiebreakers" page you should be able to reset all the tiebreakers, which might let the game move forward if that was the issue.
Thanks.

Before I read your response I noticed two teams tied for a final playoff spot in their division and I just scheduled it too see if this will move the season forward.

Another question I have is what happens if the playoffs go beyond Dec. 31st,does the season stop or does it continue into the following year?

Last edited by Orioles1966; 05-27-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:11 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Of note, I don't know if manually scheduling a game will help, since sometimes the new tiebreak code is explicitly tied to a game_id internally in the system, so I would double-check there.

And if stuff goes past the 31st, it will continue. The Australian Baseball league plays through the New Year by default.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:18 PM   #5
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I don't see the tiebreaker page.

Where exactly is that located?
Old 05-27-2019, 02:39 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I don't see the tiebreaker page.

Where exactly is that located?
It should be a tab off the league scores/schedule page. If it's not there, there may not be any tiebreakers scheduled, and could be another reason why the league isn't moving along. Another thing you can do is simply disable tiebreakers in the league settings and see if that lets it move on.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:43 AM   #7
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

The playoffs never did begin in the one league so I will manually do them.

Don't know why but the other league which does have working playoffs still can't handle a 70 team playoff(58 first round bye while remaining 12 play for 6 spots).

At least manually it will work .