Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:44 AM   #1041
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomcoach View Post
I would say I was sorry, but it would be a lie! It would be nice to get the phone app they have been talking about. Hate not being able to see anything until I get home.

second that one... I tried the website link for the league, but it doesn't update real-time (seems like it's just overnight with the standings after the last game of the prior evening).... guess on the plus side, if/when I'm traveling or on vacation, that would be a way to stay updated at least once a day on standings/etc....

edit... and just random thing that I just noticed last night... on those league news reports of "it's just muscles" and the like where it lists the 5 or so tallest/heaviest/etc players in the league... it's pulling from both the active and reserve lists... saw a player on there with WAF after his name and had no clue who it was... my first instinct was to look at the league standings to see who else had the same abbreviation.... then I clicked on the player in the report and found that he's a live 2019 card on in my reserve list... heh...

Last edited by stl jason; 05-09-2019 at 11:48 AM.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:04 PM   #1042
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakon View Post
An idea for old guys (like me) -

There are so many teams in Our League now (which is great!) that I often have trouble remembering if some of the teams on the upcoming schedule are ours or not. So, what do people think about adding a "+" to the end of all our team abbreviations? So, Arkham would be ARK+ and Salem would be SLM+

Then, when you look at the schedule, it will be obvious how many upcoming matches are "the good ones".

Does this idea have merit for anyone else?

I just did what you suggested for all my teams.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:52 PM   #1043
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Ewa Beach has a three game showdown series with green Lake this month. I can't explain Ewa Beach's horrible home record and stellar away record.

Old 05-09-2019, 05:17 PM   #1044
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Philadelphia Slips Past Cooper in B257

The Our League race continues to be closely contested with the top two teams swapping positions as Daytona Beach and Ozark moved themselves within striking distance of the leaders. The New York Patriots have already completed their schedule, left to wonder what might have been as they played at a .625 pace. Asheboro, who wore the crown just last season, slumped to 1-10 in yeaterday's sims.
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:23 PM   #1045
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Looks like my brilliant "+" idea doesn't work. The schedule seems to trim everyone down to 3 letters. Sigh.

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:47 PM   #1046
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Looks like my brilliant "+" idea doesn't work. The schedule seems to trim everyone down to 3 letters. Sigh.

That's why I so frequently encouraged people to have unique logos. It make it much easier on these old eyes. I barely even notice the team abbreviations at this point.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:04 PM   #1047
Magus978
All Star Starter

Hopes and fears of relegation have been unfounded for the New York Patriots. As things stand at the All Star break, they are 48-48 and flirting with the idea that they can make the playoffs and potentially vie for an unexpected promotion to Silver if they make a good run in the second half.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:34 PM   #1048
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Ewa Beach has a three game showdown series with green Lake this month. I can't explain Ewa Beach's horrible home record and stellar away record.
Green Lake continues its woeful Our League record by losing the first 2 games to Ewa Beach. Must be your stellar away record.

Just so you know Puppies, your Ewa Beach team has a "G" on its caps.. I don't know if that's an oversight or if it has some hidden meaning.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:40 PM   #1049
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Green Lake continues its woeful Our League record by losing the first 2 games to Ewa Beach. Must be your stellar away record.

Just so you know Puppies, your Ewa Beach team has a "G" on its caps.. I don't know if that's an oversight or if it has some hidden meaning.
Thanks Argonaut. Hopefully, it looks like it is supposed to now. I wonder why we suck so much at home.

Old 05-10-2019, 05:45 AM   #1050
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Sanguine, Philadelphia Maintain Our League Leads

In Our League S278, the Patriots were merely 5-4, but still held a commanding lead. The only major move among those trailing was Bluffington's precipitous drop from second. In B257, the schedule was light, but Philadelphia held onto first in a much more heated race.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-10-2019, 07:26 AM   #1051
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Code:
Our League Standings - I220 - 2025			
			 W	 L	Pct
Mudville Muffins	20	13	.606
Arkham Horrors		14	12	.538
Stephensville Bears	11	10	.524
Motown Stars		11	11	.500
Gotham Knights		 6	13	.316
Fancher Creek Pirates*	 2	 5	.286

* ineligible due to <10 OL games

Last edited by Charlatan; 05-10-2019 at 08:00 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:38 AM   #1052
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I have an idle question for you guys... what strategy do you use when upgrading your team? Do you decide you're unhappy with a specific position and try to upgrade that? Do you troll the AH and buy upgrades when you see them? Do you save up for a moderate (big) purchase? Do you make intermediate purchases along the way (upgrade the 74 to an 82 and then to a 91) or do you just go for the big gun (upgrade the 74 to a 91).

Do you hoard your PP or make smaller purchases as you go?

Just curious.... I'm not really happy with where Annandale is right now but PP aren't coming in terribly fast so I'm trying to figure out what to do with them!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:51 AM   #1053
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I have an idle question for you guys... what strategy do you use when upgrading your team? Do you decide you're unhappy with a specific position and try to upgrade that? Do you troll the AH and buy upgrades when you see them? Do you save up for a moderate (big) purchase? Do you make intermediate purchases along the way (upgrade the 74 to an 82 and then to a 91) or do you just go for the big gun (upgrade the 74 to a 91).

Do you hoard your PP or make smaller purchases as you go?

Just curious.... I'm not really happy with where Annandale is right now but PP aren't coming in terribly fast so I'm trying to figure out what to do with them!

I always have good intentions of saving up for a big splash type upgrade.... but inevitably spot a deal before I get to that point and snap up the smaller bump up.... like right now, my targets are in the top 30ish of pre-ww2 pitchers but at minimum I'll need around 25K for just one of the cheapest options.... so it could be awhile
Old 05-10-2019, 08:51 AM   #1054
Kushiel
All Star Starter

The Luckenbach Armadillos are finally rid of their last couple of MLB live cards and are ready to join. The manager name is KushielRM. They fit all the rules now. They are in Gold but I do not know if they will be relegated or stay there. They are hovering near the line of debarkation currently.
Attached Images

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:15 AM   #1055
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
The Luckenbach Armadillos are finally rid of their last couple of MLB live cards and are ready to join. The manager name is KushielRM. They fit all the rules now. They are in Gold but I do not know if they will be relegated or stay there. They are hovering near the line of debarkation currently.
added to Our League friends list
Old 05-10-2019, 09:25 AM   #1056
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
not so fast.... perhaps it took a day for the program to update and pull the new data.... check out the first games of the month on my schedule:
Attached Images
Old 05-10-2019, 09:52 AM   #1057
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Okay, then we can have unique logos and + signs! Next we need some manner of gang tattoo!

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #1058
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Okay, then we can have unique logos and + signs! Next we need some manner of gang tattoo!
Here is my vote.
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2019, 02:06 PM   #1059
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Thanks Argonaut. Hopefully, it looks like it is supposed to now. I wonder why we suck so much at home.
Checked your players now and they look absolutely fresh. Great logo, hat, and jersey combination for the Fighting Chickens. Last I checked they were first in Gold .334 too so I think the style is paying off.

I played around with the jerseys, colours, and hat logo for Green Lake and I like the look of it now too.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:10 PM   #1060
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post

With Waylon 'n Willie? I've added you to the copy and paste list as well. I'll put it up again tomorrow, but if you want to get started, there's one a few posts back. You'll need to leave off a couple of teams, since it's up to 35 now. You can put up to 30 teams besides your own, so a few Iron or Bronze should cover you, no matter where you end up on the line. Welcome aboard.