Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-21-2015, 07:26 PM   #1
Vinnyvagus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Basics of finances

Hi there,
I think I have worked out most of the line items in the Front Office 'Finances' page but I have a couple of questions to ask.

I have a $170m budget, with £32m total amount available for Free Agents, but only $1m for extensions. Where or how is the money for extensions worked out?

Also When does the new budget start from? $1m for extension is not a lot and so I am wondering when that amount will 'hopefully' increase and therefore have more money to offer some new contracts before next season?
Vinnyvagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:32 PM   #2
gfas
Minors (Single A)

I was wondering something similar with extensions. I have an owner goal to sign a player to an extension but there is $0 available for extensions. I assume it just starts to build up once the season starts? Idk.
gfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:32 PM   #3
JamesMowery
Minors (Single A)

I don't definitively know the answer to this, but my thinking here is that it could be related to your next year's available budget for player contracts (since your players could theoretically have higher contract values for the next year). If you have a look at your salaries for upcoming seasons, there might be a correlation to this.

Just a thought. Hopefully someone else can confirm that this is reason, as I'm curious myself.

Edit: I just fired up the game and had a quick look, and I'm not so sure that my theory holds true. Perhaps someone else has an explanation?

Edit 2: I did some more math, and I got it: Take your Next Year predicted BUDGET and subtract it by the next year's total EXPENSES SUBTOTAL (you can see this in the "Accounting" tab under your Front Office). The remainder is your available amount for extensions.

Edit 3: I'm an idiot. There's already an "Extension Information" section in the Front Office Financials section. It's past 1 AM and I'm tired. :P

Last edited by JamesMowery; 03-25-2015 at 12:25 AM.
JamesMowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:38 AM   #4
JamesMowery
Minors (Single A)

To the OP:

These two sections in the Financials portion give you all the information you could want (and make it much easier than going into the "Accounting" section).

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 1.35.09 AM.png
Views: 687
Size:  97.5 KB

Given that (and given the fact that I totally managed to miss the "Extensions" section), do you have any specific questions about this?

If you want to get an idea of what you'd have available budget wise two years ahead, this is where you can go into the "Accounting" screen and look at the last column (in this case, "2017"):

As mentioned in my prior post, take the BUDGET (top line) and subtract it from the EXPENSES SUBTOTAL (third number from the bottom), and you'll get an idea of what you have two years for extensions.

Last edited by JamesMowery; 03-25-2015 at 01:10 AM.
JamesMowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:13 AM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

The most likely cause of very little money for extensions is that you have a lot of guys who are expected to get raises in arbitration. Those values are constantly calculated every day, so they will shift. If a player's status changes from arbitration eligible to being a free agent after the season, you may get some more money for extensions.

The largest change happens after the World Series, when the overall expenses from your current year are calculated, and between revenue sharing and the owner they decide exactly what the budget for next year will be.

But yes, during the season, I would suggest monitoring those widgets on the finance screen, as well as the accounting tab and your player salaries report to understand what shape your future finances are in.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote