Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 10-03-2008, 06:35 AM   #1
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Corporate League Baseball Openings

Corporate League Baseball

hey all, the CLB is moving to ootp9 as soon as we hit opening day, as all know we have to finish FA & the draft in 6.5 but we figure now is a good time to fish for owners. it looks like only 8, maybe 9 (one is still fence sitting about buying 9) of us are moving to ootp 9 so we have a number of open teams. it's late and i'm working on fumes so lets see if i get this right

Nike part of that tough tycoon division, but needs some work to compete.

Kellogg ok, i can't think of anything off the top of my head

Publix has been rebuilding, but are close

wow, that looks bad once you put it down, but i should point out 3 have been open for 1 season, the rest were lost in the conversion or were leaving online leagues. we lost some first season gm's so a few teams have only had 1 owner or maybe 2 (coke had 4 but all were in the first season, losing dispo was a real bummer) It's tough but sometimes a shake-up is a good thing

we sim every even day, 7 days at a time and that doesn't look to change after the conversion.

we have been a mixed league with a combo of real and fictional players. we were running 2 drafts a season, one of "real" players in the off-season and a smaller june draft of fictional players with the first round in order of the ceo award finish, we can't do that in 9 so we are still exploring our options. you can hae a voice, i am an open to ideas kind of guy. as long as we keep it as simple as possible
we began in 1980 and we are starting 1995. we use the basic lahman DB, we never ment the player to mirror real-life, most of us are old-timers and like to see the names more as eye-candy than anything else.

i stil have a few revisions to make to the league constitution, but the current one will give a general feel for how we do things, i don't expect much to change, just tweaking to fit the new version. I'll have it finished in a couple days.

Corporate League Baseball

please excuse the new website, if you can’t really see the dropdown menus on the right of the website just make your window a tad smaller and it “fixes” it. I am working a a real fix, i left a note at the theme developers website and have asked for help here, but we’ll see. I would hate to have to change it because i like this one, but if i can’t get a fix i will have to. we had some issues with the old one and i have been extremely busy, all the basics are there or in the forums. Corporate League Baseball forums

Wow, I really shouldn't do this at 3am because I know i've forgotten stuffand i ramble when tired. i'll shake my head at myself for this ad later. but you know, you get to know the commish a bit this way

post here, send me a pm or email me chairman (at) corporatebaseball.com

bye

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball

Last edited by jazzrack; 11-16-2008 at 10:37 PM.
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

IBM is taken

and yeah, i probably shouldn't write these things at 3am

Old 10-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
JoeRockHead
Major Leagues

This is a great league. I was involved with it for a good while.
I left at the time due to needing a break from ootp online leagues.
I really enjoyed my time in the league and had a lot of fun. It was one of my favorite ootp 6.5 leagues. It is nice to see that they are finally converting to ootp9. Don't miss out on a great league. The team I used to run was Lockeed, which it appears the name was changed since I ran it. Jazz is a top notch commish and the league is one of the best run around. You shoudn't miss out. Jazz what ever became of the Lockeed team, and how have they been doing?
Old 10-05-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRockHead View Post
This is a great league. I was involved with it for a good while.
I left at the time due to needing a break from ootp online leagues.
I really enjoyed my time in the league and had a lot of fun. It was one of my favorite ootp 6.5 leagues. It is nice to see that they are finally converting to ootp9. Don't miss out on a great league. The team I used to run was Lockeed, which it appears the name was changed since I ran it. Jazz is a top notch commish and the league is one of the best run around. You shoudn't miss out. Jazz what ever became of the Lockeed team, and how have they been doing?
thanks,

lockheed is now apple, spent 3 seasons rebuilding, had 90 wins last year, but missed the playoffs, the wildcard team (me & my first playoff birth in 10 seasons) had 110 wins. they look to have a bright future with a solid GM at the controls.

another team is gone, the list is updated.

and as a side note: i killed the forums while upgrading (i should know better than to play with pepe's mods, but we have no more pepe ), there was a mod that tied it to the old website and the upgrade broke it, rather than try and fix it i just started new forums, i wanted to move them to a new dir anyway & with the new version it is as good a time as any. all the links are already changed to the new forums. I'll have the important content moved over shortly.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
JoeRockHead
Major Leagues

Jazz, If you would have me back, I would like to take on Marlboro.

jnellis1@embarqmail.com

Let me know,
Thanks
Old 10-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #6
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Jazz, If you would have me back, I would like to take on Marlboro.

jnellis1@embarqmail.com

Let me know,
Thanks
you are always welcome back.

and did you guys see i changed the website a bit, got rid of that width problem

Last edited by jazzrack; 10-06-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #7
JoeRockHead
Major Leagues

Thanks, to tell you the truth, I didn't know the league was still around. My old link didn't work. This was a pleasant surprise when you made this post.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:09 AM   #8
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks, to tell you the truth, I didn't know the league was still around. My old link didn't work. This was a pleasant surprise when you made this post.
nah, we arn't going anywhere. we've change websites a number of times & since we have corporatebaseball.us & .com we just make a new one and start using it. I setup redirects to new ones but i may have missed the older one(s) at some point & now that we no longer have pepe we had to change again to something i could work with

list is updated

Old 10-07-2008, 09:27 AM   #9
Joshua6021
Minors (Single A)

Hey I'll take Ford, and if not I'll take an open team. Joshua6021
Joshua6021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #10
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua6021 View Post
Ford may or may not be taken, i'm waiting on verification , I should know later today. if they are taken do you have a second choice?

Old 10-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #11
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua6021 View Post
ok, ford can be yours.

morgan stanley is also gone

Old 10-08-2008, 12:45 AM   #12
Joshua6021
Minors (Single A)

Great and thanks. I have joined the forum in the homepage. I will leave a post soon, and when should we expect for all to be working?
Joshua6021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:31 AM   #13
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

all the heavy lifting, so to speak, is done. i have a few deails left to work out but those will be done by the time the draft is over. the only reason i'm not pushing the draft faster is to give some time to fill the league up. after the draft is done we'll run the 6.5 spring training then convert the file to 9 and begin FA. I would expect for the conversion to happen over the wekend, this time next week at worst.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:21 AM   #14
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack View Post

and as a side note: i killed the forums while upgrading (i should know better than to play with pepe's mods, but we have no more pepe ), there was a mod that tied it to the old website and the upgrade broke it, rather than try and fix it i just started new forums, i wanted to move them to a new dir anyway & with the new version it is as good a time as any. all the links are already changed to the new forums. I'll have the important content moved over shortly.
I just read this now. How bad is the difference? Do you think it's pretty much impossible to convert your old forums due to changes the mods did to the db or do you just not really know how to go about converting it? If it's more the latter, I could take a look. Upgrading the CBL's was easier than I expected it to be and I had used some mods on it over time, but I don't think they ended up having much, if any, effect on the db. I'm probably not as good as pepe when it comes to this stuff (certainly not when it comes to logos), but maybe it's not that difficult.

If in the end you really can't convert it, you might want to just keep the old forum up as a reference. I was thinking we might actually want to do that with the CBL (it would certainly make things run faster), but I'm pretty sure Chris wouldn't go for it so I didn't bother even mentioning it.

Sorry to hear about losing pepe and Rob. I was always jealous that you had pepe and Rob was one of my favourite fellow members in the KBL. Maybe they'll come back in time like Joe. It's good to see you're not having much problem filling back up.

EDIT: BTW, there was a guy in the SGCBL asking about the Corporate league this past evening. He was looking to branch out and try some other leagues. You might want to contact him; he goes by Dagorlad there. I don't yet know how advertising other leagues is received there so I didn't say much, but if I find out it's okay I'll be sure to tell them all about you.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:54 AM   #15
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

thanks for the offer Kieran, but i pretty much screwed the pooch, we had a bridge between the old joomla webste (f'n joomla) and the phpbb3, i didn't realize how tied they were so i thought that by removing the joomla plugin it would break the tie but it only broke the website & the forums, then i made it worse. I made a full back-up of phpbb3 before i started messing with it but when i broke it i can't even log back into the forums now It could probably be fixed with enough effort and time but i doubt it would be worth the effort. We have moved over to the new forums and things are cool. but again thanks for the offer

losing rob and pepe were a great loss, rob came in about midway through the first season and quickly became the league number cruncher, i really miss his help in that area. Pepe was with me from day 1, really the league is as much his as mine, while his logos are great it is but a small part of his contribution to the league, he delt with all the website stuff, & really allowed me to focus on the league. on a selfish note i really, really miss them both, all those tasks that they used to take care of have now fallen on me, I'll be glad when the conversion to ootp9 is done & i can again focus on the game.

thanks for the info, i'll see if i can find him

Last edited by jazzrack; 10-08-2008 at 04:56 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:27 PM   #16
ptwarr18
Major Leagues

PM Sent!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:48 PM   #17
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwarr18 View Post
PM Sent!
sent you an email.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:36 AM   #18
ptwarr18
Major Leagues

Sent another e-mail with my team choice, Coca-Cola, if still available. They look like an extremely solid ballclub.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #19
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

coca cola is gone, first ootp9 file should be up sometime tomorrow

Old 10-15-2008, 07:28 PM   #20
JoeRockHead
Major Leagues

Come on, join up!
This league has been around for a long time.
It is a unique setting, a blend of fictional and historical players in a alternate coporate world. There are many little things that make the league unique.
The commish is a steady and reliable guy. He has been involved in the OOTP community for a long time. This league has stood the test of time. It is a league you can join and not worry about it folding. Leagues come and go. More seem to fall by the wayside than stick with it. This League has stuck to it and improved as needed to keep things interesting. The openings i'm sure are due to switching to ootp9. Some just don't want to do it. I garauntee you will not regret your decision to join. So make a move to a long standing league rich in history and drama. Make a move to a league you know will be there and not disappear overnight. You will have a lot of fun.