Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:42 PM   #1
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Can't hide top stat area anymore during play

I'm having a terrific replay in the historical area of the 1921 World Series.

I'm through 5 games but beginning in game 4 I could no longer get the top area to hide during the at bat. I've tried everything I know and it just won't let me see the whole stadium again during the ball flight.

Any ideas of how I could get that back? Not a biggie I guess but I like the pic of the full stadium during the pitch.

Thank you for your time.

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.

Last edited by skunkle333; 02-07-2019 at 03:44 PM.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:01 PM   #2
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Try this if not already.... When in-game click on the 'view' tab and make sure that both of the following items are check marked... Hide widgets during game action and Hide top area during game action. If they are not checked, click on each and that should do it. Not sure why, but on rare occasions those items get unchecked. Happened to me when I applied an update once.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:21 PM   #3
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkle333 View Post
I'm having a terrific replay in the historical area of the 1921 World Series.

I'm through 5 games but beginning in game 4 I could no longer get the top area to hide during the at bat. I've tried everything I know and it just won't let me see the whole stadium again during the ball flight.

Any ideas of how I could get that back? Not a biggie I guess but I like the pic of the full stadium during the pitch.

Thank you for your time.
Tell us who wins!
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:46 PM   #4
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

DreamTeams...

I already tried that. Had them both clicked. Tried just one etc etc...after a few more batters. No change. : (

Jerry Helper...
Yankees lead 3 games to 2. Hoyt pitched game 5. A 4 hitter. Yankees got one run in the top of the first. 2 outs...Babe Ruth doubles...Meusel doubles !! And that was it. A 1-0 win. Fun...tense at times...great game!!

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:26 PM   #5
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Tried again...just doesn't work. Both 'hide' areas checked. Oh well...just a few games left in a fantastic replay of the 1921 World Series.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:59 PM   #6
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Well...crum. Guess I'll wait for the new version and hope it holds up better.

Playing the remainder of the game mentioned in previous post and an inning later the game crashed. Went back to it and had to start all over.

Every year almost I just run into problem after problem with this game after a few games are played. And I got this version when it first came out. I've tried several times to get historical games to work and only once was I able to finish a series before problems showed up.

But when it works properly it is a really good game.

Last edited by skunkle333; 02-09-2019 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:20 AM   #7
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

FYI the top area doesn't hide if you have PBP set to instant. Just in case that's your issue.

And crashes are bad Can you let us know a bit more when it crashed? Was it when you hit the button for the next play, or while players were moving around? Were you watching in 3D at the time?
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:56 PM   #8
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

[QUOTE=Matt Arnold;4430447]FYI the top area doesn't hide if you have PBP set to instant. Just in case that's your issue.

Thank you very much Matt Arnold...that was it. As soon as I removed the 'instant' pbp setting I was able to hide the data at the top of the screen and see the whole stadium as the play took place !!!!

I'll try to figure some details you need if another crash or problem interrupts play.

As of right now in the 1921 World Series it is down to the 9th and final game between those Giants and my Yankees....: )