Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-01-2019, 10:56 PM   #1
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Sound and giving pitchers extra rest

I still play OOTP19 from time to time. Especially when replaying a World Series or just matching up 2 teams that I liked in the past. I have way too much trouble trying to play along through a season...with the roster updates etc.

Sometimes I mess up in my old age and start a game without adjusting the sound on my PC. Is there a way after a game has started to change the level of sound?

Is there a way to give some pitchers a few extra days of rest so they can be available at full strength to play a game when they did in real life and were rested?

Last of all...is there a way to print out some of the guides that are available for the 19 version?

Thanks for your time...

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:19 PM   #2
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Just use your mixer to adjust after opening. You should be able to access it by right clicking your sound icon. From there you can adjust the volume levels for each application that you currently have running. I don';t understand your 2nd question since you can rest pitchers any time you want. So yes, there is a way. Don't use them for a few days. No idea about printing out guides.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:39 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i think he means used as they were i RL for 2018 season? if so, you'd just have to mimic it... by hand for every single team in the MLB each and every game....

otherwise, the ai and you are likely to make a different choice at some point. i don't play a lot of historical, but maybe there are additional options that can keep things a bit closer to how they played out in RL, but probably not on "tracks?"
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:09 AM   #4
Palaaemon
Minors (Triple A)

Skunkle333...
As far as printing out the manual just google "2019 ootp manual" and print from your browser. There might be a better way of doing this and if there is someone please chime in. Hope this helps!
Old 02-03-2019, 11:42 AM   #5
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Thanks fellas for your help.

But on the sound issue...I can't get to the bar on my main monitor page to adjust the sound. Can't get out of OOTP19 to do that.

But not a biggie I guess.

Thanks for your help...other ideas were good...

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:13 PM   #6
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkle333 View Post
Thanks fellas for your help.

But on the sound issue...I can't get to the bar on my main monitor page to adjust the sound. Can't get out of OOTP19 to do that.

But not a biggie I guess.

Thanks for your help...other ideas were good...
Just switch OOTP out of full screen and into windowed mode? Or use alt-tab to switch out of OOTP.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:17 PM   #7
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Wish I had remembered that years ago. Thank you Dyzalot !!!

Alt- tab works great to adjust the sound !!

Old 02-06-2019, 03:40 PM   #8
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

alt-enter is a good one to know too -- if the app allows switching between windowed and full screen. sometimes all you need to hit is the windows key too, but depends on app and win settings a bit, i bet.

won't be a problem with ootp, but sometimes tabbing to and from a full screen app can totally screw it up. black screen or just a crash etc... the 2 options above can avoid that.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:01 AM   #9
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
volume control knob on your speakers? or function keys on your keyboard for volume.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote