Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-31-2016, 12:48 PM   #1
Steven547
Minors (Single A)

Tablet / Surface Pro Interface?

Quick question... how does this game look on the Surface Pro 4? Anyone able to see if the interface is normal size? My old age requires normal screens! haha

Thanks
Steven547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:51 PM   #2
StlBluesFan
Bat Boy

Normal size! All good!
StlBluesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:58 PM   #3
Steven547
Minors (Single A)

Thank you. I'll definitely be making the purchase soon.
Steven547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:52 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547 View Post
Quick question... how does this game look on the Surface Pro 4? Anyone able to see if the interface is normal size? My old age requires normal screens! haha

Thanks
Worst case, you may just have to fiddle with your zoom or resolution a bit. A lot of Surface Pro users have reported the game looks great off the bat while a few had to adjust their display settings to get it looking good, but the game does work and display properly on Surface Pro and most all High DPI devices.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:15 PM   #5
philliesphan26
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Worst case, you may just have to fiddle with your zoom or resolution a bit. A lot of Surface Pro users have reported the game looks great off the bat while a few had to adjust their display settings to get it looking good, but the game does work and display properly on Surface Pro and most all High DPI devices.
Sorry to stray off the original post slightly but I have a question regarding your post.

I am using a laptop with a 4k resolution. For FHM 2, the text was so tiny that the game was unplayable for me at 4k, and changing my resolution to 1920x1080 made the text readable but everything else on my computer was way too big (internet browsers, desktop icons, etc) so it wasn't a feasible option for me. That problem has been fixed with FHM 3 but I feel like I'm not getting the most out of my screen still. It looks like the game is being displayed at 1200x800 or something as opposed to 1920x1080. Kind of hard to explain since I can't upload pics atm (at work), but I just remember being able to display a lot more information on my screen back when I was using a 1080p laptop than I am currently on my 4k laptop. Happens with OOTP too so it's not just a FHM thing.

I'll be able to explain it better when I can show you some screenshots later. Just figured I'd throw it out there to see if you could offer some advice since it's been frustrating me for the past year since I got my 4k resolution laptop.
philliesphan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:19 PM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesphan26 View Post
Sorry to stray off the original post slightly but I have a question regarding your post.

I am using a laptop with a 4k resolution. For FHM 2, the text was so tiny that the game was unplayable for me at 4k, and changing my resolution to 1920x1080 made the text readable but everything else on my computer was way too big (internet browsers, desktop icons, etc) so it wasn't a feasible option for me. That problem has been fixed with FHM 3 but I feel like I'm not getting the most out of my screen still. It looks like the game is being displayed at 1200x800 or something as opposed to 1920x1080. Kind of hard to explain since I can't upload pics atm (at work), but I just remember being able to display a lot more information on my screen back when I was using a 1080p laptop than I am currently on my 4k laptop. Happens with OOTP too so it's not just a FHM thing.

I'll be able to explain it better when I can show you some screenshots later. Just figured I'd throw it out there to see if you could offer some advice since it's been frustrating me for the past year since I got my 4k resolution laptop.
I don't have a lot more to offer, sorry. The only advice I have is to fiddle with the zoom and resolution a bit more, if you haven't already and try some different combos.

Beyond that this is probably more a question for Sebastian.

I'm sure it'd be helpful for him and the team to be able to see your screenshots when you get a chance to post them.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:33 PM   #7
philliesphan26
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I don't have a lot more to offer, sorry. The only advice I have is to fiddle with the zoom and resolution a bit more, if you haven't already and try some different combos.

Beyond that this is probably more a question for Sebastian.

I'm sure it'd be helpful for him and the team to be able to see your screenshots when you get a chance to post them.
Thanks for the response. Won't be home for another 4.5 hours but I'll upload them when I get the chance
philliesphan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:40 PM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesphan26 View Post
Thanks for the response. Won't be home for another 4.5 hours but I'll upload them when I get the chance
Great, thanks!