Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-18-2015, 05:43 PM   #1
Tribecards
Bat Boy

Delete/Release all fictional players?

Is there a way to release and/or delete all in-game fictional players?

Basically, I had the game fill teams with fictional players (I imported real historical players) and I'd like to release all fictional players. Actually, I'd love to delete them all, but i will be happy to be able to simply release them in one fell swoop. (Note: this is for a season in progress)

Thanks for any help - even if the answer is, "Ummm, no" - and I have to do it by hand.
Tribecards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:06 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribecards View Post
Is there a way to release and/or delete all in-game fictional players?

Basically, I had the game fill teams with fictional players (I imported real historical players) and I'd like to release all fictional players. Actually, I'd love to delete them all, but i will be happy to be able to simply release them in one fell swoop. (Note: this is for a season in progress)

Thanks for any help - even if the answer is, "Ummm, no" - and I have to do it by hand.
I assume you know already about being commissioner in order to do things like deleting players. You also know about being able to go to the league's player list, creating custom filters, and using the mass selection tool to select those who would be deleted.

So, the problem is doing this for a group of players who happen to be the fictional ones in your game. The problem is selecting them without having to go through each organization's roster, one-by-one.

The only thing I can think of is, when you imported the historical players, did they come with career stats? And do your fictional players have no career stats yet?

Because, if so, I believe you could go to your player list, select Batting or Pitching Stats in the View, set the Split for Career, then set a Custom Filter for AB's / IP's as "Is 0". I'm thinking that this will group all of the fictional players together for mass selection and deletion.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:37 PM   #3
Makonnen
All Star Reserve

I am trying to do this now, found this post. One frustrating thing: in the FA view, you can add a field called Best Historical Team. If that field is blank, boom, those are your fictional players. So, yay.

BUT, you cannot add that field to a filter. So, it looks like manually clicking hundreds of players is the only way to go. Ick.

I've tried to export the FA's and put a 1 in the DEL column and import it, but I can't get that to delete them either. I suspect this is the way to go, and will update here if I get it to work with steps.
Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 11:33 AM   #4
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Why can't you mass select in commissioner mode?
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 12:25 PM   #5
Makonnen
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutS|der View Post
Why can't you mass select in commissioner mode?
Because there is no filter that I've found that includes just these players. So it's a matter of selecting them each, one by one (which I guess is technically mass selecting).
Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 12:54 AM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

really late but for future reference..

roundabout way to do it.. since they were created all at the same time, their playerids should be sequential.

export all players.. find the start and end of the fictional players, then change their first names to "DELETE" or something unique enough to filter and delete in game.

re-import the players..make sure the option exists. it should. i've done similar in the past replacing existing players and re-using playerIDs.

you can't delete from the exported file than re-import. that will break the database. you can change existing records but you cannot add or delete via any exported file. those types of functions have to take place in-game or you'll corrupt your database.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote