Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 06-19-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

16 team - 132 game schedule

Here is a schedule I did for a 16 team league playing 132 games. There is 1 sub league and 2 divisions of 8 teams. Teams play 84 games (12 vs each opp.) in-division and 48 games (6 vs each opp.) out of division. I believe the schedule would also work for a league with 2 subleagues with 1 division of 8 teams each by changing the schedule type to:

[SCHEDULE type="ILY_BGN_G132_SL1_D1_T8_SL2_D1_T8_C_" inter_league="1" balanced_games="0" games_per_team="132" start_day_of_week="2" start_month="4" start_day="1" allstar_game_day="112"] (replacing [] with <> )

The all-star game is scheduled late, to be held after 93 games have been played. The file was originally set up to be used in 1983 meaning the all-star break is July 22 - 25 with games resuming July 26th. There are 39 games left after the all-star break.

The schedule starts on the first Monday in April and games are played M - W and F - Su the first week, then are Tu - Su with only one off day on Monday every week thereafter.

The first two games start at 7:05pm while the final game of each series starts at 1:05pm. Games on the first two Saturdays of April also start at 1:05pm with 7:05pm start times the rest of the season.

All series are 3 games.

I did my best to try to have most home stands be at least 6 games, but in some cases teams are home for 3 then back on the road for 3 or 6 and back home for 3. The longest road / home stand is 12 (at least, I'm 99% sure that is the case).

There are a few instances were teams play each other in 2 out of 3 series, but never in back to back series.

I hope someone has some use for this.

This is my first attempt at a schedule, please let me know if you notice any problems with it.

This one took me parts of 5 days to complete, so I most likely will not be doing additional schedules any time soon. If anyone wants to modify and repost in any shape or form, please feel free to do so.
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl united_states_baseball_league_ml_c_1983.lsdl (52.0 KB, 231 views)

Last edited by statfreak; 06-19-2006 at 02:53 PM.
statfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:39 PM   #2
jbsnadb
All Star Starter

May I ask them means with which you were able to make this schedule? I'm looking for a similar set-up, but with 4 divisions of 4 teams each playing 162 games.
jbsnadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:21 PM   #3
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

I did it all manually in excel.

I have to feed the babies and put them to bed, but will post my excel file later tonight.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:57 PM   #4
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Okay, here is an excel file I used to create this schedule. Basically, I started with the schedule_temp tab and created each series' match-ups. As I scheduled teams to face one another, I placed a X in the appropriate box in the grid tab. I did this repeatedly until all the grids were filled and the schedule was created. Then I copied the formulas from schedule_temp tab and pasted as values in the schedule_final tab. I used a find/replace to change the ' to " on the schedule_final tab and then saved that tab as a lsdl file.

I hope this helps.

If you don't have excel or a spreadsheet program capable of opening excel files, you may download openoffice from http://www.openoffice.org.
Attached Files
File Type: zip usbl_schedule.zip (55.3 KB, 160 views)