Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:59 AM   #1
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

Real-Time Simulation

I know this has been about a while but until this new version I had never really used it before. Last night it was opening day in my 2001 season where I am GM/Manager of the Expos. We were due to play the Cubs but the game got postponed.

As it was opening day I decided to run the real time simulation and got completely engrossed in it. I ended up spending about two hours (real time!) watching the day unfold on factor 20 or something, switching to webcast and dipping into watch an innings here and there and thoroughly enjoyed it and it really helped to immerse me immediately into the new game and this without me even having a game that day.

One highlight was Boston leading Baltimore by 6-3 only for Baltimore to score five in the bottom of the 8th, with Chris Richard driving in two with a triple to take the win.

Anyway, just to say thanks for a wonderful (and overlooked by me!) feature. The depth of this game sometimes seems endless.
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:44 AM   #2
DocHalladay
Minors (Single A)

This is an area of the game that is under-appreciated IMHO. What a delight to watch the day of games to unfold in front of you. LOVE this feature! Well designed!
DocHalladay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:54 AM   #3
rhinosaurus
Minors (Single A)

Ya I'm enjoying it. Need to find the sweet spot for speed factor as I'm finding it either too slow or too fast right now, but it's great to watch things unfold. The timing thing I sjust my available time rather than a problem with the game.
rhinosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:55 AM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Agreed - I use it a lot. It has been an excellent addition to the game.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:10 PM   #5
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Just noticed that in real-time mode, you don't have to wait until your team's game starts, it automatically fast forwards until your game if you enter it. Also happens for the 2nd game of doubleheaders. Well done guys!
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:44 AM   #6
BeanballComin
Minors (Double A)

Matt Uk -- that was a great post.
OOTP is virtual reality without the glasses.
BeanballComin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:06 AM   #7
tyrionbro
Minors (Rookie Ball)

my favorite part is in web-cast mode where it will show you win expectancy out-by-out!
tyrionbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 05:30 PM   #8
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

this is an area of the game that really needs some love. It hasn't ben touched/enhanced since it's inception 4+ years ago.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote