Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:19 AM   #41
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

I don't think I've seen this since 6.5 came out but the ability to have people come out of retirement was always a nice touch. Forgive me if this has stayed in the game after the fact but I've been too busy crushing life to pay attention.

#MarkusCrushesLifeToo
Aceshigh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:21 AM   #42
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Also with a big 500th post high five to myself, when are we going to see the inclusion of something along the lines of an ITP mode?!?! I will continue to ask for this until I can no longer crush life.

#YouDownWithITPYeahYouKnowMe
Aceshigh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 04:16 AM   #43
The Game
Hall Of Famer

In the screenshot the awards are now on the left side going diagonally along the seam next to the profile picture.
1. what will it look like when there are many awards and will the old Icons mod work with 19? And if so where will those icons be?
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:54 AM   #44
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Any upgrades for animations on the 2D? Not everyone wants to use 3D. (Unless you have every conceivable stadium for every team ever!)
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:30 AM   #45
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Will we ever see the ability to schedule neutral site games with the schedule editor?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:38 AM   #46
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

But it would be good lets say the Royals deal with Omaha is up in 2020 and decide not to renew it have to find a new home for Triple-A Team or Omaha Storm Chasers get purchased by the St. Louis Cardinals.

Also the other Spring Training things we are talking about are Split Squad Games,Spring Training Stadiums and so on.

We wish that we could have like Ken Rosenthal in Game as Insider but won't happen. Same with Home Run Derby,Future Games and so on.

Last edited by mgom27; 01-27-2018 at 10:37 AM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:36 AM   #47
coljesep
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshaw View Post
What he said, although I already know the answer, just like every version for years.
Ditto any improvements to the online league experience?

During the reddit AMA from January 2017 Markus was asked,

"Are there any plans to create online play that doesn't involve uploading and downloading files separately on each user's end?"

Reply:
"Yes. We'll have a great annoucement later this year..."

Any update on this feature?
2032 & 2040 World Champion
https://baseball-stars.com/
coljesep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:51 AM   #48
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
But it would be good lets say the Royals deal with Omaha is up in 2020 and decide not to renew it have to find a new home for Triple-A Team or Omaha Storm Chasers get purchased by the St. Louis Cardinals.

Also the other Spring Training things we are talking about are Split Squad Games,Spring Training Stadiums and so on.

We wish that we could have like Ken Rosenthal in Game as Insider but won't happen. Same with Home Run Derby,Future Games and so on.

would love this feature but would prefer the GM to do the negotiating namely the USER. to either let contract run out and find another team or create a new baseball city if they are looking for a MLB to host a minor league team there
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:59 AM   #49
Shoeless' Socks
Minors (Double A)

The main feature that I would like to see is a way to have the boxscore pop up by simply hovering over the score. In other words, you wouldn't have to actually click on a result to see the box score but you could hover and it would pop up.
Shoeless' Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #50
Marsupilami
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post

Q: Are the new compensation rules for free agents going to be in this version?
A: We're looking into it. First we need to understand them ourselves, and that's not the easiest thing in the world!
am i missing something?
did the "new" cba not go into effect over a year ago now?
if true, you are NOW looking into it and are unable to understand the rules after more then a year????

I am sure, that if you send a request to MLB you would get a full explanation of the CBA

Marsupilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:43 PM   #51
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsupilami View Post
am i missing something?
did the "new" cba not go into effect over a year ago now?
if true, you are NOW looking into it and are unable to understand the rules after more then a year????

I am sure, that if you send a request to MLB you would get a full explanation of the CBA
We do have a few other things to work on as well you know

Obviously we want to get the rules into the game, but by no stretch of the imagination are they easy to understand, there are a lot of gray areas in the wording and there's still seemingly some debate on exactly how things work even in more informed circles than ours.

Then to get the very complicated rules correctly coded is not all all easy or quick to do.

So it's definitely not quite as easy as you think, but we are working on it.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 01-27-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:45 PM   #52
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

this is great. Although there isn't really one particular feature I'm ecstatic on, there are certainly some items listed in very intrigued to see more as the weeks and months move on. I'll put my preorder in shortly. Am I the only one who was hoping that the new mode was going to be "Inside the Park" coming back built in OOTP. Oh well.

Last edited by dave1927p; 01-27-2018 at 12:47 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:46 PM   #53
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
Any upgrades for animations on the 2D? Not everyone wants to use 3D. (Unless you have every conceivable stadium for every team ever!)
I don't believe so. We're pretty all-in on 3d, as that's really where the future of the game lies.

As far as stadiums, with the awesome mods some of the folks on the forums have been making, it may get there sooner rather than later!

Old 01-27-2018, 12:48 PM   #54
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh24 View Post
Also with a big 500th post high five to myself, when are we going to see the inclusion of something along the lines of an ITP mode?!?! I will continue to ask for this until I can no longer crush life.

#YouDownWithITPYeahYouKnowMe
I don't believe we have any plans for it at the moment, but who knows what the future will hold?

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 01-27-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:50 PM   #55
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
In the screenshot the awards are now on the left side going diagonally along the seam next to the profile picture.
1. what will it look like when there are many awards and will the old Icons mod work with 19? And if so where will those icons be?
The award icons are a bit tricky. if a player has a million of them, then they will run behind the player picture.

There's not much we can do, other than maybe reduce the size of the icons if a player has more than 20 of them or so....

As far as old mods, afaik they should still work, but they'll display in the same place the default award icons do in 19.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:55 PM   #56
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldberg365 View Post
Couple questions:

1. Will the AFL roster selection be fixed? Currently it just fills the roster with the best available from AAA, so just a bunch of journeymen. Also it allows players with MLB time.
Not sure yet. The ai should be improved, but exactly how that effects the AFL selections is something for us to test and configure during beta.

Quote:
2. Will Rule 5 drafts be smarter? I got Dustin Fowler who hit .366 in AAA because the Yanks just didn't bother to protect him. Lots of top prospects on the list that wouldn't be there in reality.
This is also something we'll be taking a look at getting improved during beta, but it's hard to say just how much of this comes from ai issues or possibly from there being some ratings discrepancies in the roster set currently. Either way we'll certainly work on trying to get the balance better.

Quote:
3. Will the uniforms and logos for the AZL and DSL be fixed in the MLB quickstart? This happens because some of the teams are named Padres 2 or whatever, its an easy fix, something that should be done in the default quickstart by having the uni/logo specified.
That's a good question. I don't think we've done this currently, but it's probably something that we could take a look at and get sorted out before release. So we'll see I guess...

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 01-27-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:26 PM   #57
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
The award icons are a bit tricky. if a player has a million of them, then they will run behind the player picture.

There's not much we can do, other than maybe reduce the size of the icons if a player has more than 20 of them or so....

As far as old mods, afaik they should still work, but they'll display in the same place the default award icons do in 19.
Will Mac users be able to mod skins again or will it be the same as 18 where if you mod the skins the main tabs become unusable.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:28 PM   #58
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
Will Mac users be able to mod skins again or will it be the same as 18 where if you mod the skins the main tabs become unusable.
God I hope so, it's been frustrating dealing with that!

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:38 PM   #59
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
God I hope so, it's been frustrating dealing with that!
I don't remember hearing about that at all. May just be my memory failing

But for sure I'd hope we'd have that sorted out. Do you know, did Andreas reply at all anywhere where this was mentioned? I'm just wondering if he knows about it.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:40 PM   #60
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I don't remember hearing about that at all. May just be my memory failing

But for sure I'd hope we'd have that sorted out. Do you know, did Andreas reply at all anywhere where this was mentioned? I'm just wondering if he knows about it.
Yes, there was a thread where he responded last April that he knew it was a problem and had not yet figured out a fix.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote