Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 12-12-2019, 11:20 AM   #1
willson1
Bat Boy

Free Agent Negotiations

I would like to see more developments made with the FA/extension processes. I appreciate that the main priority in real life is money but I feel the in-game processes are still too money based.

There are situations that I would like to see brought into the game e.g. veterans will sign for less if it means they have a chance to win a Championship, a 1 team player will consider a slightly lesser deal if that team has developed a good culture/relationship, being able to offer deferred money in contracts.

There needs to be more progress with player interactions and character development as players get older, and the impact of club culture - specifically the impact this has on keeping/signing players.

I love the game by the way. These developments could just take the game to the next level. I also play Football Manager (a UK soccer management game) and that game makes excellent use of relationships/interactions.
willson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 12:25 PM   #2
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

Isn't much of this already ingrained via Desire For Winner, Loyalty & Greed?

To test, I just edited all 3 values (not even to the extremes, just 30 points each) on a pending FA and could get him to agree to a deal about 25% less than he normally had been asking for (no, I didn't save, for any of the OOTP purists)
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
willson1
Bat Boy

My point is: this should be fluid and (in some cases) ever-changing throughout a career.

E.g. a star player who desires to win and has made all the money in the world but yet to win a Championship. Their desire to win should increase and their greed decrease as their career winds down, regardless of whether greed is already low/desire to win already high. And this should have an effect on the contract proposal interactions.

If you can show me that these characteristics change throughout a player's game career, then I guess I'm wrong (and the effect of these changes isn't big enough).
Old 12-12-2019, 01:20 PM   #4
CBeisbol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by willson1 View Post
My point is: this should be fluid and (in some cases) ever-changing throughout a career.

E.g. a star player who desires to win and has made all the money in the world but yet to win a Championship. Their desire to win should increase and their greed decrease as their career winds down, regardless of whether greed is already low/desire to win already high. And this should have an effect on the contract proposal interactions.

If you can show me that these characteristics change throughout a player's game career, then I guess I'm wrong (and the effect of these changes isn't big enough).
Half agree
Yes, it's true that people change over their lifetimes.

But not every old multimillionaire decides that their desire to win a championship is worth more than money.
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 02:37 PM   #5
willson1
Bat Boy

Agreed, and I'm not saying that every player should change that way.

Just that there should be more character development within the game, based on how their interactions influence them throughout their career, and culture development of winning/losing clubs.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:31 PM   #6
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

I agree that player negotiations need to be improved a bit more. I see players who have had an awful year ask for contracts as if they had a MVP year. you counter down 25% and they recounter with an offer that is 98% of original. There is no avenue to discuss peer stats or missing a whole year due to injuries. It seems even when you offer a short term they don't budge. It seems unrealistic to me but maybe I don't understand how to approach this properly.

Pine Tar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I wonder, whatever happened to all the people I gave directions to ..
Never take a sleeping pill and laxative at the same time.
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote