Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-15-2019, 11:36 PM   #121
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
This season was the most lucrative for the Cheaters since the entry pool. Lefty Grove going 25-0 in the regular season, then 3-0 in the postseason including WS game 7 winner, MVP Boggs, Pitcher of the year Grove, pitching triple crown Grove, Reliever of the year Clarkson, plus a couple of Great Bats. Also the most wins this team has ever had, going all the way back to iron.

Was a ridiculous, filthy season I doubt this team will see again.
Congrats for a great season!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:01 AM   #122
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P426: What a Comeback for the Championship!

When the 8-time Perfect champions Mississauga Carnivores took a 3-0 Perfect League Series lead over the Homestead Grays, everyone thought a ninth championship was inevitable. But proving once again that there's nothing like playoff baseball, Homestead came all the way back, culminating in a 3-2 win on the road in game 7, to win its fourth Perfect League title!

Huntley's George Brett capped off a season that saw him hit .300/.348/.500 with 20 homers, a 130 wRC+, and 4.7 WAR by winning the NC 3B Platinum Stick. It would prove to be the Red Raiders' only postseason award. Eric Gagne and Lee Smith finished third and fourth in the Reliever of the Year voting; playoff goat Roger Clemens finished fourth in the Pitcher of the Year and sixth in the Most Valuable Player Award voting; home run champ (39 dingers) Lou Gehrig placed eighth in the MVP Award voting; and Rube Marquard and Brett also received MVP votes.

Congrats to all the 2043 champs and award winners across the PT2.0 universe!

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:02 AM   #123
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Congrats for a great season!
Incredible!!!
macacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:13 AM   #124
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
Looking to pull off the upset over two 131 win teams the Warbirds finally came up short in game 7. I admit I was shopping for rings when we were up 3-2 in the series. By definition it doesn't get any closer than losing by 1 run in game 7..."but if you aint first your last"!

San Angelo Management
Your team did well simply not getting swept by either of those teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
When you won game 4 by tying it with 4 runs on 2 jacks in the 9th, and then winning it in the 11th to tie the series at 2 games each, I thought you might run away with it from there.Great series!

This season was the most lucrative for the Cheaters since the entry pool. Lefty Grove going 25-0 in the regular season, then 3-0 in the postseason including WS game 7 winner, MVP Boggs, Pitcher of the year Grove, pitching triple crown Grove, Reliever of the year Clarkson, plus a couple of Great Bats. Also the most wins this team has ever had, going all the way back to iron.

Was a ridiculous, filthy season I doubt this team will see again.
I was...ahem...pleased to have a front row seat for your team's rampage. Nice work!

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:54 AM   #125
camonroe
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coljesep View Post
Played in my first PT league this week. Iron 218 - just won the title! Had easily the best team +234 RD, next best was +107... first in runs scored and runs against.

Lost the first two games in the championship... scored only one run in each game.

Shuffled the lineup around, took 4 straight.

Is this heaven?

No.. it's meaningless fake baseball championships bay bay!
Congratulations
Old 09-16-2019, 02:10 AM   #126
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Neuman Furchlugginers lost in 7 games in 2nd round to the Twitch Black Cats. Jefferies (3B) and Cochrane (C) won Great Bats, Jefferies repeated as MVP (bringing his PP earnings this season to over 1500)

Paragon City Heroes had Great Bat performances from Gwynn (DH) and O'Neil (1b) who also won a great glove alongside Joe Cronin (SS), but the big news was that finishing the fastest collection gave me a diamond pack that yielded peak Mordecai Brown

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:05 AM   #127
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

The Redlegs were in the Entry Pool with the Cheaters. I remember that season. You freakin' dominated.

In other news - the South Side Lumber Company goes from No. 2 Wild Card to champions!

Every series went the maximum number of games. Our pitching (ironic for a team named the Lumber Company) was the key to victory. The team, which was in Silver when I blew them up and slid all the way back down to Iron, is now higher than it used to be. I think you can say the re-building is officially complete!

My other playoff teams, the Everett Aquasox and Thetford Mines Mineurs (both 100+ win teams) suffered embarassing first-round playoff defeats and will not be promoted to Silver. The Charlotte Monarchs also lost in the first round but at least it was to a fellow division champ and not a wild card team. They'll stay in Silver.
Attached Images

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:36 AM   #128
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

A loss in the wild card game ensured the Ex-Girlfriends don't promote to Perfect again. What is more notable is how the team had nobody win a Great Bat, yet George Sisler won the MVP award anyways.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:43 AM   #129
Goliathus
Major Leagues

So, I have been on hiatus from PT recently. I have some time today to check on this season and I think I have done all I can for a pack only team. Now to enjoy the hopelessness in perfect league.
Attached Images
Old 09-16-2019, 07:19 AM   #130
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

Two of three teams win a championship! The Dolphins pick up PL championship #2 over the Alabama Farmers and my newest team, the Chicago Whales, get an SL championship. Both of my f2p packs only teams get promoted to gold, where I fear for them. Not much individual hardware for any of the teams, but I’ll take the championships!

brrrdt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:08 AM   #131
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Well after all 3 teams made the playoffs this week, the Totallers bowed out with a 5 to 3 loss in the wild card game. Relief Pitching allowed late runs in the 7th, 8th, and 9th to let down a solid season by the Totallers. Sisler finished with a .325 avg, 27 hr, 120 rbi and 49 sb. Ichiro finished at .312 and 52 sb with another gold glove.

Meanwhile, both Bakery and the Gorillas got steamrolled by a wild card team and neither will be moving up to diamond

Bakery, which is a Braves theme, is shifting it's ballpark factors this week to favor RHB/RHP. Nearly everyone in the lineup is RH. So might as well see how this goes.

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:23 PM   #132
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Sloppy 2nd half & DS Defeat to eventual champions

After winning 50 of our first 75 games, we finished the season 45-42, won the division at 95-67, not without a mini-scare from the Carmichael Athletic who trimmed the lead to 3 games with 6 total games left for both of us, but all 6 of those games went my way and I won division by 6 games.

In the playoffs I faced off against the 105-win York Yard Dawgz. The series went 5 games, I decided to start The Freak Tim Lincecum in game 5 instead of the very dependable Johan Santana. Just sort of a "tact" decision. Lincecum had a quality start but the bullpen was not good and we didn't score much. Lost game 5 1-7. York beats New York, 3-2 in the series.

York goes on to win the World Series after defeating the one whale or wolf-like team in our league (Real Madrid El Blanco) 4-2 in CS, and then having a pretty easy time in the WS, beating the Chrome Hearts (Suwanee), 4-1.

Good: 95+ wins again, division win again.
Bad: Failed to make the LCS in 7th or 8th out of 8 or 9 Perfects Playoffs.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 09-16-2019 at 08:47 PM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote