Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 10-28-2018, 09:03 PM   #1
Afino
Hall Of Famer

What happened to the world_default.xml in OOTP19?

I used to be able to use my same world_default and carry it over between versions. I apparently cannot do that anymore, because it crashes on me and tells me it must be from an older version, which it is.

So I modify the world_default in OOTP19 to make it like my old file, and it gives me the same error.

Best part is, it tells me to visit the manual, where I get a page that hasn't been updated since like OOTP12.

http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...player_origins

Good job, guys.

Can someone tell me what exactly has been changed in world_default to make my old templates not work anymore?

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:40 PM   #2
kq76
Global Moderator

Well, comparing an old 14 file of mine to my current one I notice that ethnicities are now included in the file while languages are not.

Here, just compare yours to my truncated file:

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!--
OOTP loads this file whenever the user creates a new game. You can edit this file as long as you watch the syntax. Please read the online manual section about customizing the world XML file.
NATION tokens:
use_hardcoded_ml_player_origins - either 1 (=yes) or 0 (=no). If missing, the value will be set to 0. By default it's 1 for the USA nation record in the XML file. Just disable it (set it to 0) or delete it and OOTP will not use the hard coded player distribution for that nation anymore.
this_is_modern_usa - either 1 (=yes) or 0 (=no). If missing, the value will be set to 0. By default it's 1 for the USA nation record in the XML file. There should always be at least one nation with this flag enabled because OOTP needs it as the nation for pre-defined leagues, like NL or AL.

When OOTP creates fictional players for modern US major leagues, it will need to find the following nations by name: Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Canada, Cuba, Japan, Panama, Australia, South Korea, Germany, Aruba, England, The Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Taiwan. So you should not change the names for these nations if you want to simulate realistic major leagues!
-->

<WORLD id="1" name="default" version="2" timestamp="OOTP Developments 2018-08-13 16:43:49">
<ETHNICITIES>
<ETHNICITY id="0" name="U.S. (Modern)" african="0" asian="0" east_indian="0" caucasian="1000" hispanic="0" />
</ETHNICITIES>
<CONTINENTS>
<CONTINENT id="1" name="Europe" pop="371510909" etid="20" abbr="EUR" dem="European">
<NATIONS>
<NATION id="1" use_hardcoded_ml_player_origins="1" this_is_the_usa="1" name="United Empire" pop="371510909" etid="20" capid="1" gender="0" bbqual="5" abbr="UE" dem="Imperian" time_zone="0" observes_dst="1">
<ETHN_PCTS>
<ETHN_PCT etid="20" pct="80" />
<ETHN_PCT etid="16" pct="10" />
<ETHN_PCT etid="18" pct="10" />
</ETHN_PCTS>
<STATES>
<STATE id="1051" name="England" pop="371510909" abbr="ENG">
<CITIES>
<CITY id="1" name="London" pop="12671980" lat="41.8854" long="17.87895" abbr="LNDN"/>
</CITIES>
</STATE>
</STATES>
<CAPITAL id="1" />
</NATION>
</NATIONS>
</CONTINENT>
</CONTINENTS>
<REGIONS>
</REGIONS>
</WORLD>

Last edited by kq76; 10-28-2018 at 11:42 PM.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:33 PM   #3
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I thought I had noticed that and fixed it. Will try again in a bit.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:28 AM   #4
kq76
Global Moderator

Also notice the version attribute in the world element. There may be other things, but that could easily be missed.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote