Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations

Old 03-20-2018, 08:14 PM   #1
Phantom Player
Minors (Double A)

New Name Sets

Here are some name sets I made several months back. These aren’t perfect or comprehensive by any means, but these produce names that look better and are more accurate than having all Thai and Mongolian players with Chinese names, Iranians with Arabic names, etc. Originally, I had the name set numbered to replace some of the default ones, but since 19 allows more than 40 name sets, I went through and changed all the numbers, so you should be able to paste them in without causing any problems (haven’t tested it with 19 yet, so be warned). Right now, the numbers are as follows:
Mongolian – 41
Persian – 42
Swahili – 43
Thai – 44
British Caribbean – 45

Here’s the text for the ethnicities section for each of them:
41,Mongolian,0,1000,0,0,0,
42,Persian,0,0,1000,0,0,
43,Swahili,1000,0,0,0,0,
44,Thai,0,1000,0,0,0,
45,British Caribbean,1000,0,0,0,0,

Note: I’m 99% sure all of these are mine, but I did download some other name sets and have them in the same folder so it’s possible I’ve got some else’s work posted here. I apologize if that’s the case. If anyone wants to package any of these in a zip file with some of the other name sets, feel more than welcome to do so.

Last edited by Phantom Player; 03-21-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Phantom Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:16 PM   #2
Phantom Player
Minors (Double A)

Mongolian, Persian

Sets for Mongolian and Persian names.

Mongolian is the major language of Mongolia. The Mongolian first and last name sets are the same, which is as close as I can get to representing Mongolian naming conventions in OOTPB.

Persian is the primary ethno-linguistic group for Iran (53% of population). Until someone makes a name set for Tajikistan and Afghanistan, it also fits there much better than whatever the default is. Tajiks account for around 80% of the population of Tajikistan and are Persian speakers belonging to the same ethnic group as Iranians. Additionally, Tajiks make up about 33% of the population of Afghanistan and Pashto and Dari (the official languages of Afghanistan spoken by about 80% of the populace) are Persian languages and are mutually intelligible with Persian.
Attached Files
File Type: txt mongolian_first_names.txt (1.9 KB, 210 views)
File Type: txt mongolian_names.txt (1.9 KB, 193 views)
File Type: txt persian_first_names.txt (1.8 KB, 198 views)
File Type: txt persian_names.txt (3.0 KB, 215 views)

Last edited by Phantom Player; 03-20-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:18 PM   #3
Phantom Player
Minors (Double A)

Swahili, Thai

Sets for Swahili and Thai names.

Swahili / Northeast Bantu works as a major language for Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda. It is a minority in Comoros and DR Congo. This one is primarily Swahili, but also includes a few other names from related Northeast Bantu languages since I wanted something that could work for the African Great Lakes region and previous OOTPBs were limited to 40 total languages. I might eventually go back and remove all the non-Swahili names from it to make it more accurate.

Thai is the dominant language in Thailand and a minority language in Cambodia. Laotian is a related language with mutual intelligibility, so Thai can be used for Laos too until someone makes a Laotian one.
Attached Files
File Type: txt swahili_first_names.txt (2.4 KB, 248 views)
File Type: txt swahili_names.txt (3.3 KB, 189 views)
File Type: txt thai_first_names.txt (2.5 KB, 220 views)
File Type: txt thai_names.txt (1.8 KB, 192 views)

Last edited by Phantom Player; 03-20-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:06 PM   #4
Phantom Player
Minors (Double A)

British Caribbean

A quick one for the British Caribbean. The names are mostly identical to English names (UK in the OOTPB folders). However, the facegens for the UK produce mostly white players, which is not accurate for the British Caribbean.

The first names are the same as the UK name file with a few additions but using this one allows you to change the ethnicity data so that they have African facegens. The last name file is custom based on data I could find on the most common surnames in select Caribbean countries (primarily Jamaica, but also Trinidad & Tobago and Barbados, excluding the Indian and Islamic names from the latter two since there’s already a name set for Arabic and Indian).
Attached Files
File Type: txt british_caribbean_first_names.txt (3.5 KB, 212 views)
File Type: txt british_caribbean_names.txt (1.2 KB, 203 views)