Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports

Old 03-03-2013, 03:12 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Historical Game

Post any issues regarding the Historical Game here. Note that the historical database is only partially complete (at present, up to 1980); seasons after that date will not work properly, if at all.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #2
Jimdawg47
Minors (Single A)

Hey I am having issues when I start a season with the 1982 NJ Devils, I am told my salaries don't reach the salary cap floor.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
mochuck
Minors (Triple A)

Expansion

I started a historical league in 66...it's using modern day settings.. FA's etc.. I picked auto expansion... I'm at June 1 67 and went to try and expand manually.. but I can't ... is that feature not implemented yet? I'm in commish mode.... thanks
Old 03-05-2013, 12:14 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimdawg47 View Post
Hey I am having issues when I start a season with the 1982 NJ Devils, I am told my salaries don't reach the salary cap floor.
Slightly complicated, but explainable: the historical database isn't complete past 1980 yet, so the roster won't be full. And there shouldn't be a salary cap in the 80's, of course, but now that I look at the database rules files there's one there. I thought I had turned them off, so I'll have to see what's going wrong with the editor.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:16 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochuck View Post
I started a historical league in 66...it's using modern day settings.. FA's etc.. I picked auto expansion... I'm at June 1 67 and went to try and expand manually.. but I can't ... is that feature not implemented yet? I'm in commish mode.... thanks
Yeah, no manual expansion just yet, we had to turn it off temporarily (along with a lot of other commisioner-mode league edit features) because it was untested and probably unstable. We'll start working them back in under controlled conditions (i.e., one or two at a time) soon.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #6
Jimdawg47
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Slightly complicated, but explainable: the historical database isn't complete past 1980 yet, so the roster won't be full. And there shouldn't be a salary cap in the 80's, of course, but now that I look at the database rules files there's one there. I thought I had turned them off, so I'll have to see what's going wrong with the editor.
Can the cap be turned off in the early years, so we can try out the historical features. This is a great part of the game.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #7
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Can the cap be turned off in the early years, so we can try out the historical features. This is a great part of the game.
No, not in this first build of the beta.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #8
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

I'm guessing the AI needs a lot of work but playing the 1962 Red Wings and having everything set to my control in manager options if I click the setup organization button Gordie Howe and Alex Delvechio get released. Guess my assistant overrides my authority and is rather dumb to boot?
Old 03-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #9
telarc30
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Every time I get to the second year of a historical game it gets to july 1 and crashs every time.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
It should be off in the next data update. I actually intended it to be off before 2005, but I either forgot or something went wrong with my editing, because it's all set to the current cap values now.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by telarc30 View Post
Every time I get to the second year of a historical game it gets to july 1 and crashs every time.
We're trying to hunt down the crash bugs, and there's one that seems to be hitting on July 1, but consistently. While we work on that, what got me and some other people past it is restarting, switching to a different save, restarting again, and then advancing day-by-day. I'm not sure why that works or if all the steps are even necessary, but it seems to get past the bug some of the time.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
I'm guessing the AI needs a lot of work but playing the 1962 Red Wings and having everything set to my control in manager options if I click the setup organization button Gordie Howe and Alex Delvechio get released. Guess my assistant overrides my authority and is rather dumb to boot?
Ouch. I'm wondering if that might be something with the incorrect cap settings, there's no logical reason otherwise to release superstars.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:15 AM   #13
telarc30
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
We're trying to hunt down the crash bugs, and there's one that seems to be hitting on July 1, but consistently. While we work on that, what got me and some other people past it is restarting, switching to a different save, restarting again, and then advancing day-by-day. I'm not sure why that works or if all the steps are even necessary, but it seems to get past the bug some of the time.
I think I've found out what it is! I turned off the yearly autosave off
and it skiped to the 2nd ok.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #14
cdick133
Bat Boy

I started a Leafs franchise in 1947 and it went well enough for the first couple years, but in the third season (1949-50) a salary cap of about 70 million showed up.

It also calculated my cap hit as about 30 million more than it should have been, though that's not really an issue since there shouldn't be a cap hit at all. Can't really continue the game since I have to cut my salaries by 35 million to make it under the cap.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #15
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

This is a compilation of all of my post in the "Crash" Thread, all pretain to a Historical League I've been running for 10 seasons

Quote:
Got my 1st crash. It happens on the in-game date of June 30th, when the Free Agent file comes out. The only way to get past that date is to tell it “Finish Today” There are options in the Sim until…. (Game date, Week, , Month, Year). But any choice I make from that area causes a crash. And the Sim until event area is empty.
I even tried to trick it and “sim until…date (July 1st) but it crashed. The only way to get past june 30th is to select “Finish today” Once you get to July 1st all of the “Sim to Events” show back up and it’s good to go.
Once I get to July 1st I can sim all the way through everything until the next free agent file (which stops once again at June 30th), but the only way to get from june 30th to july 1st is to choose “Finish Today”
Quote:
I ran into a crash I can’t get past, I have started at the Historical beginning (47/48) and set my team control to my assistant coach. I’ve made it all the way to THU Aug 1, 1957 and have encountered an unavoidable crash. No matter what I select the game crashes. I was simming the off season and I hit esc to stop the sim as I noticed that Gordie Howe was a Free Agent (again) after viewing his profile I was unable to continue the simulation. I can’t advance using any item in the Play Menu. I have this file saved if you need it.
Also in this same file as I look at Gordie Howe I realize via his career stats that he didn't play in the 50/51, 51/52, 52/53 Seasons He played in the 53/54 seasons but then he didn't play again in the 54/55,55/56 or 56/57 season. All the while he was a free agent in those seasons yet no one signed on of the greatest players ever!

So Gordie Howe has only played in 4 of the 10 seasons I've simmed so far
Quote:
And now on probably my 15th attempt to proceed the game moves along to the next day via the "finish day" click. Guess we'll see if Gordie playes in this 57/58 season
Quote:
Same file, somewhere between Aug 1st 1957and Sept 23rd 1957,4 teams have disappeared. The only 2 teams left in the league are Montreal and Toronto. I have the file saved at both spots and I’m going back and try to determine at what point this happens. It kept crashing when it got to the Pre-Season and that’s when I realized there were 4 teams missing

Last edited by Painmantle; 03-06-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #16
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdick133 View Post
I started a Leafs franchise in 1947 and it went well enough for the first couple years, but in the third season (1949-50) a salary cap of about 70 million showed up.
Looks like the first couple of seasons actually have the no-cap setting on correctly, and then it goes bad from there. Fixing that right now.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #17
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
This is a compilation of all of my post in the "Crash" Thread, all pretain to a Historical League I've been running for 10 seasons.
Thanks for all of that. I suspect Howe (and other stars) sitting out may be related to there being a cap where there isn't supposed to be one (and then interacting with non-modern free agent and player rights rules, leaving a very confused AI). I'll see what turning the caps off does, but that might be a problem it takes a few steps to unravel.

All the crashes, of course, are at the top of the bug list now. I'll check if there's anything you reported that's a situation we haven't seen a crash in yet.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #18
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

A small issue in the NHL League events tab.
I'm on June 1st, 1970 and events listed are as follow:
June 30th, 1970 Free Agents File
September 28th, 1970 Preseason Start
October 12th, 1970 Regular Season Start
April 9th, 1971 NHL Playoffs
February 27th, 2013 Trading Deadline

Last one seems a tad out of place
Old 03-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #19
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

in any of my historical games there are no players on any teams...
Old 03-09-2013, 12:46 AM   #20
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
A small issue in the NHL League events tab.
I'm on June 1st, 1970 and events listed are as follow:
June 30th, 1970 Free Agents File
September 28th, 1970 Preseason Start
October 12th, 1970 Regular Season Start
April 9th, 1971 NHL Playoffs
February 27th, 2013 Trading Deadline

Last one seems a tad out of place
Yup, looks like a bug, I'm seeing a 2015 date in a 1947 game. Added to the list.