Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports

Old 03-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #21
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusTheFowl View Post
A game ran into OT then when the clock hit zero it just started to count back up. No play by play or anything...just the clock...

Yeah, I already logged it and marked it with Priority 1. Will be fixed with the first update.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #22
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheat42 View Post
How do you play a match? I have no option to play when I go up to the puck, only to play the day, unlike say an ootp season where the game would come up and you could select it.
League Menu -> Games & Scores -> actual day. You should see a Play button with your team.

We will add more Play buttons to the game once the In-Game mode is more stable.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #23
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

nvm..Ninja'ed

ps. Go to bed Seb!

Last edited by OpusTheFowl; 03-04-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #24
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
League Menu -> Games & Scores -> actual day. You should see a Play button with your team.

We will add more Play buttons to the game once the In-Game mode is more stable.
Thanks, I missed seeing that, need to put on my glasses.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #25
JDevil
All Star Reserve

Maybe it's just Oilers-Cancks....same thing here

Old 03-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #26
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuffleball View Post
Scores of games...

About 90% of the games being played now are 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 scores. Goal scoring as totally bottomed out since I started simming the season. Almost every goalie in the NHL has a GAA below 1.00.

Goals/game set at the default of 5.13 (for NHL). My total right now is 3.16 Goals per game. Only one team is scoring more than 2.00 per game right now.

UPDATE - Seems to not be affecting other leagues, just the NHL.
Very strange, I can't think of a logical reason why that'd happen to a single league. The game engine settings (NHL-League Settings-Settings) all still appear to be at normal levels?
Old 03-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #27
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDevil View Post
Maybe it's just Oilers-Cancks....same thing here

I saw that once while testing, but couldn't get it to repeat and I don't think we had any other reports (but I'm not sure how often our few testers were playing out complete games.) Like Sebastian said, that definitely gets a high priority on the fix list.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:06 AM   #28
Teus
Bat Boy

See post further down.

Last edited by Teus; 03-05-2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Double post.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #29
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Very strange, I can't think of a logical reason why that'd happen to a single league. The game engine settings (NHL-League Settings-Settings) all still appear to be at normal levels?
Yep, everything is default (Seb said he disabled all the game engine settings before the beta release so they couldn't be changed).

The goal scoring drought continued through the season, by the way. No team averaged more than 1.6 Goals per game. Only one player scored 20+ goals. Leading point scorer had 64 points. There was a stretch through January where no team scored more than 3 goals in a game. There is the occassional 7-1 or 6-2 game, but I can count those on one hand since early October. Still about 90-95% of the scores are 1-0 (in S/O), 1-0, 2-0, or 2-1. Shots are about right (25-35 per game per team). Goalies are crazy, all but 3-4 have a GAA below 1.00.

The other leagues are okay. ECHL seems a little low to me, but the AHL had some scores of 8-6, 12-4, 9-4, 7-4, etc. during the year. Foreign leagues were okay and didn't see the great goal drop off after early October. I'm going to start another game today and see if it happens again.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #30
Saapas
Bat Boy

I think that tactics are part of ME? I was searching for players and I checked an AI team's tactics and I was a little bit supprised to see this:

Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #31
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Penalty issue, as seen in the screen shot below. In the third period, TB's Radko Gudas committed some kind of penalty with Chris Neil (roughing, fighting) then just 30 seconds later was involved in something else. Impossible, given that he'd either be in the box (for a minor) or off the ice (for a major) at that time. According to his penalty totals, both of these altercations were fighting majors.

Last edited by scuffleball; 03-05-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #32
Teus
Bat Boy

Some bugs I've noticed:

During games, I've filtered out 1st period when the game enters second period, so I don't see the shots from 1st period on the ice. After second period, I've done the same thing and filtered out 2nd period too.

If I leave these boxes unchecked, when leaving the game after the game is over, the shots won't appear on the ice in the next game. All filter boxes are checked and the shots are being displayed through the counter and the play-by-play, but no shots marked out on the ice. When I uncheck a box, the shots will appear.

-

Filtering by position doesn't seem to work in Lineup screen during a game.

-

Also, this happened in a game:

Talbot only had one of the assists in the boxscore after the game though, with another player getting the other assists. Don't have more info about it than that, sorry.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #33
Sweet
Bat Boy

Old 03-07-2013, 02:40 AM   #34
Anemic_royaltea
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm noticing (in the NHL, WHL & I'm guessing most leagues) that forwards are doing a lot more hitting (or at least being recorded as doing a lot more hitting), to the point where after 40 games, the league leaders show 29 out of the top 30 hitters are forwards (though largely those you'd expect - Brown, Backes, Clutterbuck, Landeskog...)
Old 03-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #35
wilkiburger14
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I saw that once while testing, but couldn't get it to repeat and I don't think we had any other reports (but I'm not sure how often our few testers were playing out complete games.) Like Sebastian said, that definitely gets a high priority on the fix list.

Had the same, no goal scored in OT so game clock just ran upwards neverending, it seemed. Im hearing this bunks the game, so Ill wait for update. Keep up the good work fellas.

I also noticed in the first game I played in the first evening before I fell asleep that in first period they had 2 shots then we had upteen shots, massively over. But I fell asleep, it was not a dream!
Old 03-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #36
kewltalon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I had the ot glitch. But after I killed the game and reloaded it, I was able to play the game again except it added the stats from the previous game and I had to play the entire game shorthanded 4-3. Needless to say, I got hammered. LOL
Old 03-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #37
JMarushin
Bat Boy

Hi, new to this, but I saw an error or something in the beta. I scored a goal with Nashville, Sergei Kostitsyn, but in the play by play it was recorded as a save. The right hand side Highlights list it as goal though. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention. Love the game!

Old 03-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #38
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarushin View Post
Hi, new to this, but I saw an error or something in the beta. I scored a goal with Nashville, Sergei Kostitsyn, but in the play by play it was recorded as a save. The right hand side Highlights list it as goal though. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention. Love the game!
Don't think we've seen that before. Added to the list.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #39
JMarushin
Bat Boy

So i ran into the Overtime not ending and counting upwards thing as well so I exited the game and reloaded to replay the game.. At the beginning if the first period shots and goals remained the same as they were at the end of the failed OT game as you can see below:

I played the game out of curiosity and this is how it ended:

The game let me continue as normal after that.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #40
Laitela
Bat Boy

The players' ice time is always too low if it was a 60 min hockey game. For example all of my 6 defensemen are playing like 13-18min per game which isn't possible if you think that there is always 2 defenseman on ice all the time. Maybe a bit difficult to explain it as I'm not native English speaker, but I hope you get it.