Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 06-14-2017, 05:23 AM   #21
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

I know general info about baseball and such.. As far as all of those extra stats that ppl look into and that beyond that shows in a players profile like whip and war I think its called and such can you still be successful at playing this game if u don't look into those extra stats and what not?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:43 AM   #22
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

@sabres

sure.

in fact, i'd strongly suggest paying more attention to the individual ratings that make up the player (contact, control etc all of them, some more important than others, of course). whether you use traditional stats or some newer ones, you should come the the same conclusions, most of the time.

------ worth a look, just in case...

whip is a simple one, though... and the simple ones are the best! bb/9 k/9 etc.. anythign that gives a rate... you can compare rates easily.

the complicated ones are not very useful during a season... like ops+... bryce harper has an off year you cannot predict that... even though he's hypothetically 'off', you still have to roll him out there "3-4" in the lineup etc every day because he's a monster and it's playing the odds (law of independent results).

if stats only, or an inkling to try it, learn the best stats that represent the player ratings closely. even play with ratings on while you do this... can easily verify with a good scout and budget with normal inaccuracy... and 100% accuracy that much easier, too. a players k/ab can tell you alot about their Avoid K's rating, even if unseen.

in fact if new, i'd play this game with 100% accuracy to learn it without guessing what is inaccuracy and what is aging, Talant change randomness (TCR) or anythign else that clouds what the ratings are. learn them as a baseline (will mean different things in different leagues -- e.g. more league power vs less league power is a big deal to what a batter's ratings mean even equal in values).

when you have a track record, you can basically map that guys ratings very accurately. once you know they are good, it's all about guessing TCR and aging after that.... any prolonged change to those related stats in a suitable sample size of data for the respective stats in focus.

Last edited by NoOne; 06-16-2017 at 12:44 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:02 AM   #23
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
@sabres

sure.

in fact, i'd strongly suggest paying more attention to the individual ratings that make up the player (contact, control etc all of them, some more important than others, of course). whether you use traditional stats or some newer ones, you should come the the same conclusions, most of the time.

------ worth a look, just in case...

whip is a simple one, though... and the simple ones are the best! bb/9 k/9 etc.. anythign that gives a rate... you can compare rates easily.

the complicated ones are not very useful during a season... like ops+... bryce harper has an off year you cannot predict that... even though he's hypothetically 'off', you still have to roll him out there "3-4" in the lineup etc every day because he's a monster and it's playing the odds (law of independent results).

if stats only, or an inkling to try it, learn the best stats that represent the player ratings closely. even play with ratings on while you do this... can easily verify with a good scout and budget with normal inaccuracy... and 100% accuracy that much easier, too. a players k/ab can tell you alot about their Avoid K's rating, even if unseen.

in fact if new, i'd play this game with 100% accuracy to learn it without guessing what is inaccuracy and what is aging, Talant change randomness (TCR) or anythign else that clouds what the ratings are. learn them as a baseline (will mean different things in different leagues -- e.g. more league power vs less league power is a big deal to what a batter's ratings mean even equal in values).

when you have a track record, you can basically map that guys ratings very accurately. once you know they are good, it's all about guessing TCR and aging after that.... any prolonged change to those related stats in a suitable sample size of data for the respective stats in focus.
Thanks NoOne.. when it comes to games like this fm fhm or ehm I'm a ratings type person but havnt really got the not ootp as I just got 17 right now gonna get a deep dynasty going just some ppl go deep into stats when they trade and draft and such I'm more of a ratings person..
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:03 PM   #24
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

ratings are the strongest correlation on normal scouting, for sure... good choice.

i've used one step down in scouting accuracy (low?)... only with a maxed scout and budget though... ratings were the strongest correlation at that setting given those variables. and, that was a previous version for 1 short running league.

take note of the ratings that are actually summarizing multiple ratings.

e.g. Contact = BABIP(x) + Avoid K's(y) + Power(z)
(x,y,z adding up to "1")

stuff is that way, too. so, this means that not all Stuff and Contact of equivalent values are the same... they can be very different, and "era" can severely influence what it means too, if it drastically affects at least one component of either. (dead-ball vs steroid era, for example)

not trying to be comprehensive... defense is also a summary, for example. more? it's a gui... i try my best not to waste space memorizing reference material
Old 10-30-2017, 06:14 PM   #25
J W
Minors (Single A)

Hi folks. I'm thinking of buying OOTP 18 while the world series sale is still on but I have a few questions that might take ages to find all the answers to in this forum.

1/ Does the game have to be bought through Steam?

2/ In the game can I turn the financial part of the game off entirely? (i.e. - only deal with baseball and not money)

3/ In the fantasy version can I manage 2 teams from the same league? (i.e. - 1 American and 1 National League team perhaps)

4/ If I create a shorter schedule of say 50 games, does the game dynamics adjust to this different reality? (i.e. - a pitcher being over rested if he only pitches once a week)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
J W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #26
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

all yes or doable... 4 - a setting controls how many days it takes to recover from X pitches. SP stamina drop-down in League Settings->Stats and AI screen.

the # of days in the schedule only affects # of games... the forces are still as they were before - fatigue and such. maybe something scales? but, can't think of it off the top of my head.. oh, probably milestones need to be changed.

pretty sure someone described with more detaial already on each point.

definiteyl don't buy through steam
Old 12-30-2017, 07:53 PM   #27
vegat1

Hello everyone!I'm new to OOTP and was wondering -What would you guys consider the go-to or must have mod for a normal 2017 season as far as the 3d player screen goes?What are the best Player Face and Stadium mods (although,the ones provided look pretty damn cool already)?I've played one game and so far so good.Thanks in advance.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:11 PM   #28
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

can you access the mods central link from in game?

if not, search forums how to connect. you can see what is available for download. also, look through the 'mods' related ootp18 forums themselves too.

historical faces not included with game? lots of stuff is licensed now, so more stuff is included than in past. so, there may be stuff available that is ~redundant to some extent.

e.g. jerseys and logos have multiple files per "year" of use. so, a logo will change the same historical year it is supposed to change. (any team named properly and in 'that' city - automatically occurs unless you actively avoid it)

if you play fictional, you may just want some of the collections available for various things... stadiums, logos. you name it, and it's likely available.

there's no 1 answer for you... completely depends on what you want to do, or you'll download a bunch of stuff you'll never touch.

anyone is welcome to post at the end here with questions, but if it's more general in context you will have more luck with a new thread. fewer 'other' people look at this thread than someone newer. easy to miss or ignore. i'd even repost a new thread. it may not be "right" but i'd even suggest this type of question in teh General ootp'18 section. maybe mods section will give more specific feedback but still fewer will look there as compared to general.

culture trumps rules... fewer people look here.

edit: LoL i thought this was my sprawling post... i don't feel like editing.. same message/suggestion, but slightly different skew at end. i would have phrased things differently.

Last edited by NoOne; 01-03-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:03 PM   #29
ptownjungle
Bat Boy

What are the most realistic in-game settings?
ptownjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:01 PM   #30
aminghhh
Bat Boy

How do I import ootp 18 to ootp 19 on a Mac?
aminghhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:46 AM   #31
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

most realistic -- if you find them let us all know

seriously, it's jsut opinion on conjecture in teh forums -- do as you want.

i set things up based on max season and career record i am likely to see, but that is definitely making use of experience. simply sim 50-100years out if unsure or you want to test something or just run with something with much less work, if htat feels like a 'job.'

defaults are good. they are even in-tune with teh new roid era (my opinion that it's much more likely than messing with the equipment based on history of rampant and willful cheating in all ways possible.) i'm not a fan of 20-25% more hr than even the wicked high numbers of steroid years, so i don't use that value as a baseline.

people in america are actually smaller now than the previous generations. bad food / health of general population. too much processed %@#. it's reasonable to think there should be fewer hr.. maybe the increased foreign % is helping? would actually be cool to look into the minutiea. (<--nerd)

import --

should be on the main menu when you load the app. 18-19 is easy.. if older you have to use each intermediate year (free demo's work from what i understand, if you don't own them all.)

maybe it's moved for mac or for '19, so just look around in first screen when you load ootp and before you load a league. maybe even in the load league pop-up menu, if not immediately visible. click anythign that reads in a related way. wonders of a gui

Last edited by NoOne; 03-29-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:38 PM   #32
diop
Bat Boy

all my questions were for OOTP 18, my mistake

Last edited by diop; 05-31-2018 at 09:16 PM.
diop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:58 AM   #33
mike7273
Bat Boy

When and how to you trade draft picks? I knew how in older versions, but I can't find the option here.

Found it. Have to change the rule is Settings---}League Settings

Last edited by mike7273; 06-21-2018 at 11:00 AM.
mike7273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:09 PM   #34
linguas.amo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is there a way to fire players or can that only be done through the suspension option in OOTP 19?
linguas.amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 12:32 AM   #35
linguas.amo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Finally, historical accuracy is blank. I've just started my first year in an historical campaign beginning in 1871 and this field is blank. Do I have to import something to fill it so I can compare the players historical stats with their in-game stats
linguas.amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 04:54 PM   #36
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

heh, i've only looked at that with a current year league... if it's blank, i guess it fills up as you go?

it's all +/- %'s right? so those can't be calculated until there is something to compare. zoom out a year if curiousity is too much. (remember to make a backup to restore when done)

that screen isn't even visible for fictional play. so if you can even see the tab/link to get there, let alone access it, it's probably working appropriately. that's also just league avreage and not the players.

i don't think there's an in-game feature to compare RL stats to modeled stats per player?

Last edited by NoOne; 03-03-2019 at 04:57 PM.