Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 24 > OOTP 24 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 24 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 2023 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA and the KBO.

Old 04-01-2023, 09:27 PM   #1
orioles0615
Bat Boy

Contract demands are outrageous

Star players are demanding 40 - 60 million a year. Is this normal or is this a bug?
orioles0615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 09:37 PM   #2
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

It basically means they don't want to play for Baltimore
bigd51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 02:37 AM   #3
locuspc
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles0615 View Post
Star players are demanding 40 - 60 million a year. Is this normal or is this a bug?
found Arte Moreno's forum account
locuspc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 03:52 AM   #4
Bobfather
All Star Starter

under game options, financial tab, right hand side what are the base salaries, you may have to adjust those.

Do not hurt where holding is enough,
Do Not wound where hurting is enough
Do not maim where wounding is enough,
and kill not where maiming is enough
The greatest warrior is he who does not need to kill.
-Berek Halfhand
Bobfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 07:37 AM   #5
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I think inflation is too high by default. I think the range is 1-4% by default. I turned my down to 1-2%, which should make it better.
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 08:06 AM   #6
PepeSylvia
Minors (Single A)

I've seen in New saves early on player demands are outrageous day 1 but a few weeks in they get more reasonable. Not sure if it's consistent across the board but day 1 of an orioles save adley wanted 11/393M then 2 weeks into the season signed for 11/251.
PepeSylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 09:37 AM   #7
DrSatan
All Star Reserve

Yeah, running into this issue myself...
Attached Images
DrSatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 09:43 AM   #8
DrSatan
All Star Reserve

Also, arbitration is breaking records. I'm getting several near $30M. Ohtani has RL numbers like that, but pretty much nobody comes close to that. I have 4 on the same team in an MLB standard game.
Old 04-02-2023, 11:47 AM   #9
Bobbyraz49
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51 View Post
It basically means they don't want to play for Baltimore

As a 61 year old, lifelong O's fan......Sad but true.
Bobbyraz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 03:06 PM   #10
Danley
Bat Boy

I find that you can manage this by backloading the contracts behind options. Make the final two years higher, beyond the total they were asking for, which will require absurd buyouts. Lower all the non-option years. The average salary on paper will go up but because you won't be executing their options anyway the actual amount you pay will go down. I think it's mostly the LAD budget driving this phenomena in the game. If a player can get that kind of money somewhere, they'll try to get it everywhere and it leads to every team overpaying a couple guys while struggling to stay out of the red.
Attached Images

Last edited by Danley; 04-03-2023 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Added photo
Danley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 03:27 PM   #11
Pdubya64
Major Leagues

They have made some opening day adjustments.

Wilfredo Tovar, a 31yr old journeyman 2B wanted over $6M to sign in the original release, now he has no noted amount.
Also, while watching him on the Free Agent board in the release version, I saw his demands drop fairly quickly once the season got close.

Last edited by Pdubya64; 04-03-2023 at 03:29 PM.
Pdubya64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 03:33 PM   #12
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danley View Post
I find that you can manage this by backloading the contracts behind options. Make the final two years higher, beyond the total they were asking for, which will require absurd buyouts. Lower all the non-option years. The average salary on paper will go up but because you won't be executing their options anyway the actual amount you pay will go down. I think it's mostly the LAD budget driving this phenomena in the game. If a player can get that kind of money somewhere, they'll try to get it everywhere and it leads to every team overpaying a couple guys while struggling to stay out of the red.

I used to do this all the time but found it harder & harder with each new version of the game. I figured they found a way to recognize & reject it.

will have to try again...

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 04:38 PM   #13
Guthrien
Minors (Double A)

Contracts have gotten insane, but that's rather high. I thought last year wasn't high enough, but I haven't messed with inflation numbers. In one of my test saves Otani had signed an extension for 1 year with the Angels for 19 million. Yea, I don't think so.
Guthrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 04:55 PM   #14
Danley
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanIachimoe View Post
I used to do this all the time but found it harder & harder with each new version of the game. I figured they found a way to recognize & reject it.

will have to try again...
There's now a "long-term" category that you have to meet and if they don't include that option when they counter your offer there might not be a way to do it anymore. We'll see.
Old 04-03-2023, 05:27 PM   #15
DrSatan
All Star Reserve

Good luck to you if you have a controlling interfering owner. Dude resigns guys all the time to garbage contracts including an 8 yr $430M contract to an average 2B. It's the Mariners, and I only have so much room to play with as it is, lmao. The 1st 5 yrs are $55M,65,65,55,55. Lol, I guess its not as bad as the $72M per year Jackson Holliday is pulling. Super star quality typical salary is currently $37M with inflation set to 1-2%.
Old 04-03-2023, 09:20 PM   #16
Danley
Bat Boy

That's honestly hilarious and I'm looking forward to seeing a different personality from Owner Jr. when this one passes on. I didn't know they could do that.
Old 04-03-2023, 10:50 PM   #17
Tazilon
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfather View Post
under game options, financial tab, right hand side what are the base salaries, you may have to adjust those.
That doesn't help and it has never helped in previous editions.

I even set my inflation to negative-0%, and the salaries still go through the roof within 2-3 seasons.

And now, in OOTP24, I have 1.0-1.5 star players deep in the minors demanding major league contracts.

So far, OOTP24 is a step backwards. It fixed no non-perfect league play issues, but created new ones.
Tazilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 11:07 AM   #18
billyray1984
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthrien View Post
Contracts have gotten insane, but that's rather high. I thought last year wasn't high enough, but I haven't messed with inflation numbers. In one of my test saves Otani had signed an extension for 1 year with the Angels for 19 million. Yea, I don't think so.
That's him accepting the QO no ?
billyray1984 is offline   Reply With Quote